Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Wake me up I'm dreaming.

Last 3 pages are surely a dream.

I had to check the thread title twice to make sure I hadn't clicked into some other thread by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Wake me up I'm dreaming.

Sunday night, everyone's kicking back with some U2 and a bit of heroin before the long week ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Wake me up I'm dreaming.

Next we're gonna hear about crack pipes left behind at the royal concert hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

https://youtu.be/jJUZXzovjs0
    Wake me up I'm dreaming.

It’s all a dream - some mad stuff tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Fermoy area?

City

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Arghus wrote: »
    I had to check the thread title twice to make sure I hadn't clicked into some other thread by mistake.

Me too and it looked interesting so I thought to myself "I will follow"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

This thread has been coke blocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Renjit wrote: »
    This thread has been coke blocked

Horse, coke was the slang for cocaine. Poor attempt tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

What about the residents that Holohan sent back to the homes Covid Positive (without test) from Hospital in order to clear beds for the younger population?

The HSE did this, but not necessarily Holohan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭normanoffside

He recommended it as part of NPHET, certainly did nothing to stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Holohan was the CMO he also advised the Nursing homes not to restrict visitors.

Holohan was the CMO he also advised the Nursing homes not to restrict visitors.

And it's been proven visitors didn't spread covid into nursing homes.
    No matter how many times you suggest it, it's just untrue.
    NPHET did actually advise nursing homes to restrict visitors.
    weeks before they had cases in nursing homes.

He recommended it as part of NPHET, certainly did nothing to stop it.

Despite what people think NPHET have zero power/control, they advise, they cant actually take actions.

I'm not defending NPHET, but I hate when people think NPHET are calling the shots and actually have the power to make the changes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Tbf as CMO and NPHET representative, Tony said it was all good in the hood as regards visiting nursing homes and there was a case in one later that week and then the whole situation snowballed. So I would say that his decision and inaction is the most visible cause of the spread in nursing homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

s1ippy wrote: »
    Tbf as CMO and NPHET representative, Tony said it was all good in the hood as regards visiting nursing homes and there was a case in one later that week and then the whole situation snowballed. So I would say that his decision and inaction is the most visible cause of the spread in nursing homes.

The nursing homes brought in the restrictions first and he said not necessary.

On March 4, Nursing Homes Ireland announced a blanket ban on visitors to narrow the possibilities of infection. Six days later, the chief medical officer Tony Holohan said such a ban was “unnecessary” at that point.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-30994257.html

I will never forget him trying to stop the cervical smear review and wrote a quite nasty letter to one of the women who is dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

U2 fans are the biggest bunch of aul wans. There's no chance there was any heroin at a u2 gig. Ever.

Not in 05.

I saw many people between 13 and 21 attend those gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

As a Dublin reg car Not living in Dublin we were down west this weekend. Plenty of commuters in D reg’s I’d say who aren’t in lockdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

U2 fans are the biggest bunch of aul wans. There's no chance there was any heroin at a u2 gig. Ever.

Maybe it was a euthanise pact. I know I would if i were at a U2 gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Surely this is an impossibility the HEPA filters is like Kryptonite to the virus, boom!!! it sucks it right out of your filthy infected body. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Despite what people think NPHET have zero power/control, they advise, they cant actually take actions.

I'm not defending NPHET, but I hate when people think NPHET are calling the shots and actually have the power to make the changes.

Agreed, although I hate when some people in the government point to them as a way of deflecting blame. Very poor leadership.

That's not very many contacts for flights - only 6 per infected person

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Surely this is an impossibility the HEPA filters is like Kryptonite to the virus, boom!!! it sucks it right out of your filthy infected body. ;)

Worth reading the article not the headline:
    But though the agency says some of those travelers subsequently fell ill, in the face of incomplete contact tracing information and a virus that incubates over several days, it has not been able to confirm a case of transmission on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

As a Dublin reg car Not living in Dublin we were down west this weekend. Plenty of commuters in D reg’s I’d say who aren’t in lockdown

But Dublin isn't in lockdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

lawred2 wrote: »

I’m referencing a poster giving out about seeing Dublin reg cars elsewhere. There is request not to travel for Dubliners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

lawred2 wrote: »

It's in lockdown lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

I’m referencing a poster giving out about seeing Dublin reg cars elsewhere. There is request not to travel for Dubliners

Phoenix Park is empty of cars this morning.

Only those told to be at work are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

D car registration is fairly common outside of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,753 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Going by the ground when they left yes it was covered in needles, It was the Vertigo tour in 2005.

It's the real reason they wouldn't let the Garth Brooks concerts go ahead, smack heads everyone of them.

True story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement