Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

lawred2 wrote: »
    huh?

just saying , it must be difficult being in a place with others who you can't get away from, of course they are crims but it must be extra difficult nowadays

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

wakka12 wrote: »
    The youngest European victim in the pandemic so far..a 21 year old cancer patient in Spain has sadly passed away.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/francisco-garcia-death-coronavirus-malaga-spain-football-coach-leukaemia-a9404566.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Godluvus, that's sad :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

he is winding people up about something that is no joking matter, he has a history of it

Are you referring to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

good explanation of why you delay the shutdown

It's nonsense an flawed because when you try to stop the spread by shutting things down the health service will already be overwhelmed

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Feeling like absolute ****e. Lots of misinformation. GP telling me one thing and consultant telling me another.

Have all the symptoms bar the sweating (yet) temp is up but not reached 39 yet. Work in ortho so they're sending me a swab within 48 hours from an hour ago.

Short of breath since last night had asthma as a child and haven't experienced that since it's awful feels like someone is sitting on my chest. Awful stomach and back pain :(

Edit : forgot to mention I was in London 4th-10th March and cause of my job I've to be swabbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

joe40 wrote: »
    I agree but I just wonder what do authorities HSE, WHO etc consider the realistic best case scenario for infection rates over the next 12 months.

The HSE said 200 cases a week they can cope.

500 cases a week over couple of weeks and months and you are looking at complete breakdown of health service in this country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

A reminder to all, no medical advice. This is a sitewide rule

Don`t think too many care that much about the weather now.

It's a great thing. Means way more beds available in hospitals!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I really feel for people looking after a loved one during this crisis. A friend of mine can't visit his dad in hospital at the moment, and he is petrified of his father catching the virus. I can relate because my father lost his life before all this started, if he were still around i would be in bits if on top of everything he was going through he had to worry about this virus and wondering if his home help woulld be able to come and visit him. It really is a terrible time for some people right now.
    Found out today that my nephew's surgery I mentioned on the first page is apparently going ahead, as of this point. I hope it's because it's a serious operation, and they figure they can't put it off any longer because this crisis is going on indefinitely. I'm gone up to mind the kids though, not my mother. The incredible relief of this is marred only by the worry of the surgery being cancelled. Or catching it off the family and not being able to look after my parents if anything happens them in the next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭elperello

There isn't in a market based economy. Supply and demand. Google it.

Granted the difference is that the majority of people have houses so we don't care so much about the supply of housing / homeless people.

This is different in that the majority don't have the commodity.

Oh I think you can take for granted that I understand supply and demand and I also know how to use Google :)

Just the times we are in a little bit of social responsibility goes a long way.

So does a little bit of hand sanitiser.

We can get back to debating the housing shortage later.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Feeling like absolute ****e. Lots of misinformation. GP telling me one thing and consultant telling me another.

Have all the symptoms bar the sweating (yet) temp is up but not reached 39 yet. Work in ortho so they're sending me a swab within 48 hours from an hour ago.

Short of breath since last night had asthma as a child and haven't experienced that since it's awful feels like someone is sitting on my chest. Awful stomach and back pain :(

How do you think that you may have acquired it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

It's nonsense an flawed because when you try to stop the spread by shutting things down the health service will already be overwhelmed
    well I did add that you graduate the shutdown, do it bit by bit, so the anticipate the response lag. I think he was trying to show that too, even though he didn't say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

as the weather improves , the hospitals will be less busy cos there will be less winter flu cases , freeing up space for covid patients, its very relevant

How do you work that out? Weather generally does not make people sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭1641

It's not. Trust me! Nobody can get tested over there. My sister lives in Herts

According to Sky News they are confining testing to patients in hospital. They have stopped community testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Video message from Giovanni Zampino a 40-year old who's been in intensive care at the Maria Vittoria hospital in Turin for a week.
    He was admitted to hospital with his father Antonio, both diagnosed with Covid-19. Giovanni is winning his battle while his father Antonio (76) lost his. The last time he saw his father was when they were admitted and he discovered he was dead in a text offering condolences. "I think he died at the beginning of the week I'm not sure."

Hello everyone, sorry for the mask but unfortunately I still can’t speak without it.
    I want to make this video because too many people are not taking seriously this goddam virus which turned my life upside down about 10 days ago.

My name is Giovanni Zampino. I’m from Turin. Up until a few days ago, my life was carrying on as normal. My main job was talking care of my father and enjoying my hobbies, amongst which a lot of sport and friends. A completely normal life just like many of you.

I have to say, like others, I underestimated this godforsaken virus. I thought it was political, military, a hoax…a lot of things. I did nothing out of the ordinary to have gotten this virus but unfortunately it got into my body and affected the person dearest to me; my father.

A lot of people say this is just like the flu. I can tell you this virus is not just a flu. It gets into you and possesses you and it attacks your lungs and airways. The worst thing is that we don’t know anything about it. How do you defeat something that you don’t know about? There’s too much ignorance.

The message I want to give you is please be careful. Stay at home for 15 days. Stay with your families. Play board games, watch films, read a book. We can only get our lives back to normal, if everyone together follows these instructions. Because you must understand this is not a game. I spend my nights with the oxygen mask. I can’t sleep. My life has completely changed, and I don’t want anyone to go through what I’ve gone through. This is like being in a horror film. Unfortunately, it’s reality.

https://video.lastampa.it/torino/io-e-mio-padre-affetti-da-covid-19-io-sono-vivo-per-miracolo-e-lui-e-morto-questo-non-e-un-gioco/111409/111408

Wow.
    That really resonates with me.
    Hopefully it resonates with every (youngish) person on here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Achasanai wrote: »
    Adults* worried about being a 'rat' when they could be helping to prevent the spread of a disease that kills old people. The priorities that some people have.

*I'm just assuming you're an adult.

Using the term "rat" like that isn't something that you hear outside of criminals and children.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

skimpydoo wrote: »
    If you won't name the pub at least name where they are. Give us an idea so that we can do what we we are going to do with the Molly Malone. Never darken its doors.

Stop giving this attention. ''A friend on Facebook said...'' should've been when everyone started to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

1641 wrote: »
    According to Sky News they are confining testing to patients in hospital. They have stopped community testing.

Britain is undermining the efforts of it's neighbors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

good explanation of why you delay (or graduate) the shutdown

A better explanation as to why you shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Using the term "rat" like that isn't something that you hear outside of criminals and children.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think I may have been mistaken in using the term 'adult'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭Speak Now

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do you work that out? Weather generally does not make people sick.

Regular flu is seasonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Gave me a laugh anyway.

Vudgie wrote: »
    How do you think that you may have acquired it?

Multiple patients I know where diagnosed with it and I was in London so could be either. I'm self isolating now at home waiting on swab to arrive cause if I have it that means others in my hospital could be affected obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Eu are bringing in restrictions to necessary travel only. Does this mean we can close the border ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

well I did add that you graduate the shutdown, do it bit by bit, so the anticipate the response lag. I think he was trying to show that too, even though he didn't say it.

It's another trip on HMS Unicorn with these Tories

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

1641 wrote: »

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Currently waiting to be tested myself. Was in contact with someone two weeks ago who has since been confirmed as positive. I was feeling unwell last week and didn't realise that I had been in contact with someone who was positive until Saturday. My symptoms have now passed but the doctors want to test me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

spookwoman wrote: »
    From tomorrow all @lidl_ireland stores will have dedicated shopping hours for older and vulnerable customers. All stores will have prioritised queuing & assistance for shoppers from 9 - 11am each day

How is this going to work - in Australia you need to have an old geezers card to take advantage, do I need to bring a copy of my prescriptions and/or driving licence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Hedgehod55

This poster has a long history of attention-seeking behaviour. Best off ignoring them. He made that post to get a reaction, knowing that people would ask him to name the pub, so that he could make his point that they're "doing nothing illegal", as if that absolves them of all social responsibility.

These threads would be much better if we could all just ignore the dense trolls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement