Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

I now know i was in touch with someone who went skiiing in Italy who has a confirmed case! Fcuking scared as i have asthma. Can barely breath and am dizzy as ****
    I am sorry to hear that. The important thing is not to exert yourself and stay calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Downlinz

YFlyer wrote: »
    So are all pubs closed?

They're supposed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

Man, the symptons are fcuking horrendous if i do have it. Flu *10 (I know it's not a flu)

Could you describe it? No worries if not, You are clearly feeling very unwell.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I now know i was in touch with someone who went skiiing in Italy who has a confirmed case! Fcuking scared as i have asthma. Can barely breath and am dizzy as ****

Anxiety etc won't help how you are feeling. You need to ask yourself, if Covid19 didn't exist, how would you be feeling about how you feel right now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Good afternoon! I am getting tested this afternoon. Feel like absolute crap.

Best of luck with it. I am expecting one in the next few days as well. Do you know if the test happens in your own home or in the tester`s vehicle?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Do you live alone?

Wishing you well.

Wife. She is really lethargic and she is one of the most healthy people i know!

PS

It cost me 30EUR for a phone consultation as you cannot go near your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I’m not a rat. Also why message them, they aren’t doing anything illegal.

You're not being a rat but doing a public service.

Why is doing the right thing wrong if it benefits public health.

It may not be illegal yet but it's morally the right thing to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

antodeco wrote: »
    Anxiety etc won't help how you are feeling. You need to ask yourself, if Covid19 didn't exist, how would you be feeling about how you feel right now?

what are you even on about :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Good afternoon! I am getting tested this afternoon. Feel like absolute crap.

Best of luck Stevie, we are all in this together. One step at a time, let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ficheall wrote: »
    Helpful tip: Using baby lotion during your absterging makes your toilet paper go further.

I offer my most enthusiastic contrafibularities on your use of absterging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

So what is the best case scenario in all this 12 months from now. If it turns out to have a mortality rate of 1% presumably that would be good.
    What about an eventual infection rate of 20% I presume that to would be good . Don't know.
    Population of Ireland say 5000,000. So 1000,000 get the infection 10,000 deaths.
    Would anyone with expertise take those figures as good case scenario or still worst case scenario.
    According to cso about 30,000 people die in Ireland every year an extra 10,000 would be significant.
    Without been fatalistic is there any reasonable way to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Is it a stand-alone pub or is it part of a hotel?

Stand alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

171 new cases in the UK today, 2nd day the daily total of new confirmed cases has dropped. Positive news..

Could you describe it? No worries if not, You are clearly feeling very unwell.

Dizzy, short of breath. No sense of smell, no appetite, sweats you name it! Fcuking dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

dublin99 wrote: »
    I make my own:

2 parts 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
    1 part Aloe Vera Gel (Mine also has tea tree oil, leftover from use as after-sun in summer)
    Few drops essential oil for fragrance.

I use a recycled/sterilised hand wash bottle with pump. Voila!

Try finding 70% Isopropyl alcohol now. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and it was dispatched. And then never arrived. All I heard yesterday was we have refunded your 10 euros. I guess they managed to sell it to someone else for much more. And now it is quite difficult to get. I ordered more but I am not holding my breath.

A different point - enervation. Living in a state of Qui Vive. Not good. Do not let yourself go up and down and become enervated, stoicism is your friend now. It may be a long haul. In fact it will be a long haul, looks like. Whether one gets sick or not. It is worrying for everyone. Be the guy in the poncho, not the green guy. It is best in the long run.

get-off-my-porch-kermit.gif?resize=598%2C412

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

by the sounds of it arnie is on the whiskey :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CtrlAltDlt

Hi all,

I'm genuinely concerned that the people I'm working with are not taking this seriously. The two people I live with (mam and uncle) are both in the high risk categories so I've finally got them to hunker down and stay home. I've nominated myself to collect their payments from the PO and pick up their prescriptions, shopping and such. I'm still working and as of now with full wages but that could all change in a second depending on what happens in the next few days. I currently have a load taken out with the bank and I'm terrified of going into arrears if I'm put onto a jobseekers payment. I went to the bank today to try and get some answers but what the girl at the desk told me and what the man in the call center told me are two different things. I came back to the office, genuinely worried and fretting about it and my co-workers basically all took the p at me panicking. They don't seem to get why I'm so stressed out by all of this. Feckers are calling me a doom merchant :(

Shn99 wrote: »
    171 new cases in the UK today, 2nd day the daily total of new confirmed cases has dropped. Positive news..

It's not. Trust me! Nobody can get tested over there. My sister lives in Herts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks positive, but it's down to a change in testing policy....testing less!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

Man, the symptons are fcuking horrendous if i do have it. Flu *10 (I know it's not a flu)

Anyone that's been interviewed has said this, basically similar symptoms to the flu but very intense and the pain is unreal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭trapp

Nermal wrote: »
    People will not accept economic devastation without an end in sight when there is an alternative.

I'm absolutely willing to do my part. I'm nearly 40, I'm not at high risk, but not zero risk either.

Relax the lockdown for those of us who are low risk. Let us be the barrier to infection in the elderly.

Eventually they will have to.

not now, but eventually.

For now hopefully we can avoid figures such as those in Italy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I’m not a rat. Also why message them, they aren’t doing anything illegal.

Goodness. If I see a pub open today they will be named and shamed for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

How many are being tested though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I believe testing has become more restrictive recently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Stand alone.

at least two meters apart

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Downlinz wrote: »
    They're supposed to be

Thanks.

I'm concerned if any are still open. Particularly in Limerick city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looks positive, but it's down to a change in testing policy....testing less!

Are they only testing people now with severe symptoms?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

They are not testing widely. Only in hospitals. It's a sham number.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement