Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Micksy Rabbit

Just seen on Twitter that Pairic Mahoney suffered a serious injury. Anyone know any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Just seen on Twitter that Pairic Mahoney suffered a serious injury. Anyone know any more?

Was just about to ask the same thing...

https://twitter.com/waterfordgaa/status/597124100289646592

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Deise189

Saw a few people tweet that he has a possible broken leg.. hopefully its not as serious as that though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Grim stuff. Ambulance had to come onto pitch. Hope the lad is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Same thing happened his brother last year, that's some dose

• Advertisement

broken in 4 places, god help the poor fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Deise_2012 wrote: »

Where did you hear that? Whatever about hurling, hope the lad recovers well sounds dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Top drawer

Youngfella probably barely outa the ambulance, how is it possible to know if it broken in 4 places?

Where did you hear that? Whatever about hurling, hope the lad recovers well sounds dreadful.
    Ballygunner lads are saying it here, I'm not sure what the full story is how it happened....I pray to god he didn't break it in 4 places, that's just horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Ballygunner lads are saying it here, I'm not sure what the full story is how it happened....I pray to god he didn't break it in 4 places, that's just horrible

Please god it's no true. Like Top Drawer, would have thought it would be too early. They'd surely have to x ray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭IanVW

@tomasmcc: Pauric Mahony suffered a suspected shin break in tonight's Waterford SHC game at Fraher Field very sad for the player & his family

Please god it's no true. Like Top Drawer, would have thought it would be too early. They'd surely have to x ray?
    I know, I shouldn't have said broken in 4 places like it was confirmed...apologies. But that's what the BG boys were saying, he was in a bad way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

Just sick after hearing that, he is such a leader, he gives it everything, he is an example to young lads and his only a young fella himself.
    just sick for the lad now, get well soon boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭dzilla

: ( nooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Horrible thing to happen to a young man. Wishing him all the best

Just sick after hearing that, he is such a leader, he gives it everything, he is an example to young lads and his only a young fella himself.
    just sick for the lad now, get well soon boy

Ya it really is sick to the pit of yer stomach type news. Really hope for him it'd not as bad as being reported.

Grim grim grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Really awful news, wish him well in his recovery. He's got youth on his side and his brother will know what he's going through which hopefully is a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Huge loss for Waterford and ballygunner. Could make a huge difference to our championship campaign.

Wonder who will get the number 11 Jersey.

Maurice ,Jake dillion or Stephen Bennett to take the frees now I guess . Hopefully Patrick curran joins the panel now

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Huge loss for Waterford and ballygunner. Could make a huge difference to our championship campaign.

Maurice ,Jake dillion or Stephen Bennett to take the frees now I guess . Hopefully Patrick curran joins the panel now
    typical you

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Absolutely gutted for the lad. In the form of his life this year. Sounds like a dreadful injury - best wishes on a full and speedy recovery.

Going to be a huge loss for Waterford this summer...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

Who won the game? Or any other results?

Cant see any anywhere its all just about pauric in every newsfeed

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Who won the game? Or any other results?

Cant see any anywhere its all just about pauric in every newsfeed

Ballygunner 2-18 to Ballyduff 0-09

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

typical you

the chances of us doing well this summer could be slightly dashed although one of the Bennet brothers are brillent free takers so is Maurice Shan. One of top players is gone and hopefully no one else joins the injury list. All the best to pauric hopefully he will be back by the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭mickotallow

PTH2009 wrote: »

Surely Jamie Barron best option for frees. Best wishes to Pauric

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Absolutely sickened to here about Pauric. My God what an injury. Sickened to the pit of my stomach having heard it. Whatever about whomever will take frees or will wear the number 11, lets have a bit of respect for the player and his family. Devastating news for everyone involved. Hope to god he recovers fully. A gentleman both on and off the field. Ah im genuinely not in the better of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

archieknox wrote: »
    Absolutely sickened to here about Pauric. My God what an injury. Sickened to the pit of my stomach having heard it. Whatever about whomever will take frees or will wear the number 11, lets have a bit of respect for the player and his family. Devastating news for everyone involved. Hope to god he recovers fully. A gentleman both on and off the field. Ah im genuinely not in the better of it.

Ah here no one died like. He'll come back the stronger for it have no worries about pauric.

The opportunity is there for someone else to step up in the senior team now, thats the nature of sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Ah lads I'm sick, devastated, píssed off...you name it over Paudie's injury. I was praying we'd get over the two rounds of club games injury free but alas we got the worst news possible.

However (there is a however!), it would've been a lot worse if this happened a few days or week before Cork. There's still 4 weeks to prepare and it means someone else has the time and opportunity to step up to the plate, not to mention the likes of Shan, Bennett, Barron, Dillon or whoever will be on frees to practice non stop until then. Not sure who would be best placed for frees, they're probably all at a similar level?

My thinking would be possibly Aussie to 11 and one of Paudie Prendergast, Darragh Fives or Daniels to go wing back/centre back. I reckon 4 more weeks of training on top of what DF and SD have done already may have them match fit for June.at least there's some solid options to come in and do a job.

All the best to Paudie, here's to a speedy recovery to the lad.

archieknox wrote: »

This times 1000. Can only imagine the pain and anxiety he is going through.

Ah here no one died like. He'll come back the stronger for it have no worries about pauric.

The opportunity is there for someone else to step up in the senior team now, thats the nature of sport.

More than a bit flippant there stumbling block. All reports saying its a 4-6 month recovery period at best. The poor lad was doubtless in a lot of pain, faces surgery later today and long recovery time and a lot of physio etc ahead. Remember he's an amateur too, this may affect his livelihood. Bit much just to say that's sport.

Sure the time will come over the coming days to discuss who will be free taker and who comes in at 11. But maybe not just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I wouldn't be too hard on people expressing dismay at his likely absence seemingly ahead of concern for his wellbeing. You can be disappointed at the blow to our chances this summer and still put his health ahead of any amount of poxy matches. It's not an either/or choice. Get well soon, Pauric.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement