Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

It would be crap and TVL is one talented dude but as a gangland boss we'd like to keep the cycle going and see him get whacked. Most of the real villains in soaps and dramas are the most despicable of characters that you want to see getting punished and in gangland there is a continous cycle of leaders being blasted and new boys emerging.

i know that he eventually will have to be killed especially because hes a gangland boss but the thing that im saying is its stupid people wanting nidge to be killed just because they blame him for darren dieing, even though he seemed upset by it. i think it was the first time we've even seen nidge getting emotional about having to get someone killed.

meath12 wrote: »
    i know that he eventually will have to be killed especially because hes a gangland boss but the thing that im saying is its stupid people wanting nidge to be killed just because they blame him for darren dieing, even though he seemed upset by it. i think it was the first time we've even seen nidge getting emotional about having to get someone killed.

Sure Nidge Weasel sent him down the river after he saving his life. Im glad Nidge is staying on cos he is terrific and comes out with some brilliant one liners but i accept in order for the show to keep up with the real life goings on as best as they can they have to bring him to a conclusion at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

I think Fran is a real psycho creep.His treatment of Donna(dimwit) at the party
    and his tonsorial treat :rolleyes: for her,as a threat apart from an acid facial promise, gave me the shivers.
    Not to mention his artistic barrelling of Git, and
    stupid cunning facial expressions coupled with a ravenous appetite for greasy breakfast man grub after pulverising the ra rapist....
    He's a dark dork:pac:

8278841987_c0e6b7f1be_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Don't know how you can expect the whole world to hold its tongue until 2 of your friends decided its time to jump aboard.

Nonsense. By that logic its okay to post the ending to every movie I ever see in the cinema on my FB status.

Love this show. I wonder how long they can keep churning out quality like this? I like that the writers show a bit of balls and kill off key characters. Gives the show great credibility and cant wait to see what happens next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DOK94

I had a huge 'Layer Cake' moment tonight ,when witnessing the climax unfold, the ending of said film and this series is quite similar,.. (Looks suspiciously at writers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Ah, they had it fairly obviously set up from the moment Darren rescued Nidge from the boot of the car that Darren was on the way out.

Ultimately, one of those two were gonna die--it was the set-up of the season, really. As for next season, I presume Lizzie will step up. And Nidge will go proper psycho. After that, I dunno what will happen.

I did think that episode 5 and 6 were a bit weak in places. There were quiet moments dropped in as pure filled--especially episode 5, but it was all entertaining enough all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

AG2R wrote: »
    Nobody else cop on that Darren was getting shot when Nidge handed him the money? His reaction to Darren saying thought you were going to stiff me gave it away tbh

From the moment Nidge said Darrens name to Tony the RA man in the bedroom you knew Darren was going to be shot one way or the other. And the conversation between Fran and Nidge on the way home only confirmed it.

These paintings are like something Rasher would do. Excellent i might add though Nidge wont be happy he is even baldier in his :D

A-B4b9ECMAAlg5r.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭thefa

DOK94 wrote: »
    I had a huge 'Layer Cake' moment tonight ,when witnessing the climax unfold, the ending of said film and this series is quite similar,.. (Looks suspiciously at writers)
    There were fairly different I think. Daniel Craig's character was in control, had it all sussed out and got blind sided. Darren was caught off guard but he had lost the plot.

I was looking at the scene with two minutes to go and thinking how it should have been of him bursting into Nidge's and catching Nidge on the hop but he was there ringing him instead so the writing was on the wall.

He had too many enemies at that stage to survive but (for what it's worth) I was glad Elmo didn't get to it done anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Good episode IMO.

Can't get over Nidge relied on Elmo to get the job done, could of hired someone more reliable and smart as Darren is fairly cunning.

I was never really in fear for Nidge's life to be honest, the show would of really suffered without him IMO while losing Darren is no big deal as I think there is a lot more to do with Nidge's character over Darren's. Nidge will inevitably get clipped though when the time is right.

Season 4 is going to be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So Darren is dead and he never even got a chance to finish growing his little beard.

I wonder will it ever come out about Nidge and Frans wife?

Looks like Fran will be Nidges right hand man next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Well someone was going to get killed to end series 3 and I think Darren was always the favourite considering Robert Sheehan probably has the most other job offers to fall back on like Aidan Gillen after the last series.

Sheehan is on the BBC Show "Me and Mrs Jones", which is possibly not being renewed by the BBC - there was a twitter campaign last week to try and save the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Unreal Rock Shandy slo mo pour in last nights episode. Groundbreaking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I enjoyed the episode I have to say.

I had predicted that Darren would be killed by Lizzie RA bird but thought the motive would have been because of his closeness with Siobhan. Still though great twist in the end.

Wouldnt really have called it a twist......you could see by her reaction after the second brother died that she was fairly fuppin pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Unreal Rock Shandy slo mo pour in last nights episode. Groundbreaking stuff.

Highlighting two things:
    1. That he was still off the drink - hence Nidge and his gang were still on the hook for his aul fellas murder.
    2. The two sides to the story. Love - symbolised by the sweet orange and hate - symbolised by the bitter lemon.

Ah well, if I were an artsy fartsy reviewer that's what I'd say.

Gladly, I am not so they probably used it to kill 20 second or so........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

kippy wrote: »
    Highlighting two things:
    1. That he was still off the drink - hence Nidge and his gang were still on the hook for his aul fellas murder.
    2. The two sides to the story. Love - symbolised by the sweet orange and hate - symbolised by the bitter lemon.

Ah well, if I were an artsy fartsy reviewer that's what I'd say.

Gladly, I am not so they probably used it to kill 20 second or so........

Was my first time watchin it since an episode or two years ago so i wasnt really aware of any back story there. All i seen was this tense scene being built up then all of a sudden slo mo pint of rock shandy. Funniest thing ive seen on telly in a long time. Enjoyed the episode over all though, decent enough drama.

Was my first time watchin it since an episode or two years ago so i wasnt really aware of any back story there. All i seen was this tense scene being built up then all of a sudden slo mo pint of rock shandy. Funniest thing ive seen on telly in a long time. Enjoyed the episode over all though, decent enough drama.

I have to admit, even having watching this series and the last, it was a pretty random shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have to admit, even having watching this series and the last, it was a pretty random shot.

Considering Dano said he wasnt going to drink alcohol until he had his revenge it wasnt a random shot. It was an obvious indicator that he was still out for blood and finding his fathers body and a dressing down by the RA leadership wasnt going to taken onboard that easily.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Considering Dano said he wasnt going to drink alcohol until he had his revenge it wasnt a random shot. It was an obvious indicator that he was still out for blood and finding his fathers body and a dressing down by the RA leadership wasnt going to taken onboard that easily.

Yeah, I know, as I said above.
    Still, a rock shandy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Remember people, RTE don't MAKE the show, they BUY the show. And I have a feeling they'll have to pay more for S4 than S3.

There was a thread in AH about the two lads from the westies who got killed in Spain and everyone was saying how they got what was coming to them, no great loss etc. Then one of their brothers posted saying how his brother was the best brother in world, how he'd been there for him when their father died, when he was getting bullied in school etc. Last nights ep was the reverse of that - we were shocked when Darren got it because we liked him and we liked him because we got to see his human side. If we'd read about his shooting in the paper, we'd have never thought twice about it. Remember nidge saying Darren was decent? And we believed him?

Knew Darren was going to get it, its been obvious from the first ep - he's had a lot less screen time and lines in this series. When he got away from Elmo I thought there's going to be a twist and there was, but not the one I was expecting. Great ep, and great series. I liked the way it focused on a single story this time, made it move a lot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yeah, I know, as I said above.
    Still, a rock shandy?

Whats wrong with a rock shandy?

tbh wrote: »
    Remember people, RTE don't MAKE the show, they BUY the show. And I have a feeling they'll have to pay more for S4 than S3.

There was a thread in AH about the two lads from the westies who got killed in Spain and everyone was saying how they got what was coming to them, no great loss etc. Then one of their brothers posted saying how his brother was the best brother in world, how he'd been there for him when their father died, when he was getting bullied in school etc. Last nights ep was the reverse of that - we were shocked when Darren got it because we liked him and we liked him because we got to see his human side. If we'd read about his shooting in the paper, we'd have never thought twice about it. Remember nidge saying Darren was decent? And we believed him?

Knew Darren was going to get it, its been obvious from the first ep - he's had a lot less screen time and lines in this series. When he got away from Elmo I thought there's going to be a twist and there was, but not the one I was expecting. Great ep, and great series. I liked the way it focused on a single story this time, made it move a lot faster.

Indeed. They have to be given credit for commissioning it.

Just reading the Wikipedia page about the series.
    It is interesting how the newspaper reviewers changed their tune immensely between series one and series two, after gauging the public interest in the show.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love/Hate_%28TV_series%29

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

There was a thread in AH about the two lads from the westies who got killed in Spain and everyone was saying how they got what was coming to them, no great loss etc. Then one of their brothers posted saying how his brother was the best brother in world, how he'd been there for him when their father died, when he was getting bullied in school etc.

Do you have a link to that thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,902 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

hr
    Good episode IMO.

Can't get over Nidge relied on Elmo to get the job done, could of hired someone more reliable and smart as Darren is fairly cunning.

I was never really in fear for Nidge's life to be honest, the show would of really suffered without him IMO while losing Darren is no big deal as I think there is a lot more to do with Nidge's character over Darren's. Nidge will inevitably get clipped though when the time is right.

Season 4 is going to be interesting.

I'm of the view that Nidge didn't want Darren dead, that he knew there was a big chance that Elmo would **** it up. I don't think Elmo would have done it for money so to say, but Nidge had one up on him to be able to convince him to do it in order to bring and end to him having to be on the run.

As someone else has mentioned I think he gave him the money in the hope he would make it away rather than for him to think everything was ok.

Then his reaction on the phone when he heard Lizzie shooting him, unless that was just to act up in front of Thrish, but I think otherwise.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Whats wrong with a rock shandy?

The fcuking price of it!

(I suppose it was HIS pub)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Indeed. They have to be given credit for commissioning it.

Just reading the Wikipedia page about the series.
    It is interesting how the newspaper reviewers changed their tune immensely between series one and series two, after gauging the public interest in the show.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love/Hate_%28TV_series%29

Thats because the first series was borderline laughably crap, the second showed a remarkable and improvement and we all know how good the third series was. Killing off "central" characters seems to be working well for them. Gillen bought nothing to the show bar big name status, Sheehan has looked lost since day one - we're down to the essential nuts and bolts now.

Thats because the first series was borderline laughably crap, the second showed a remarkable and improvement and we all know how good the third series was. Killing off "central" characters seems to be working well for them. Gillen bought nothing to the show bar big name status, Sheehan has looked lost since day one - we're down to the essential nuts and bolts now.

I have to admit I only got into it in the second series. Still haven't seen the first series.

However if you look at the Wikipedia link, a lot was made by these reviewers of how the characters LOOKED, they looked to "handsome" to be gangsters.
    I doubt much changed in their looks between both series?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Knew Darren was going to get it, its been obvious from the first ep - he's had a lot less screen time and lines in this series. When he got away from Elmo I thought there's going to be a twist and there was, but not the one I was expecting.
    I did have a feeling about it alright. They had kind of started to move his character more into a "nasty prick" persona. In the first two series he was always portrayed as a guy who was a bit down on his luck and couldn't get "released" from this lifestyle, constantly doing just one last job so that he could run away and start a new life.

In this series he did more jobs which where his arm didn't seem to be completely twisted on it, he was doing it just because he was asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement