Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,009 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who the f*ck can we ladies fawn over now :( Darren was top totty for us

There's always Fran ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Highest viewing figures ever for any RTE show so a 4th series is a no brainer. I hope the quality is as good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,658 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lapin wrote: »
    How much is the Box Set ?

€25. Xtravision are doing a free copy of Perriers Bounty with it.

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    I really don't think Darren can recover again (remember he was shot at the very end of series 1 by Stumpy) ... and he took 2 headshots as far as I saw, with already a shoulder injury from Elmo. Rip Darren :(

He had one mark under the heart with Stumpy and knowing Stumps he probably missed with the other...another useless assassin.

Dazzler was the most accurate hitman of the lot apart from Lizzie who has a bloody good shot too. Selling Darren to the RA as a pup is the equivalent as Barcelona selling Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lapin wrote: »
    How much is the Box Set ?

24.99 euros, bargain for all 3 seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I enjoyed the episode I have to say.

I had predicted that Darren would be killed by Lizzie RA bird but thought the motive would have been because of his closeness with Siobhan. Still though great twist in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Highest viewing figures ever for any RTE show so a 4th series is a no brainer. I hope the quality is as good though.

Yup I hope so. Next season we'll see them trying to evade the Gardai more often. Tommy could return to kill Nidge.

The first 3 seasons were excellent. Lots of writers and producers are afraid to take a series any longer than 3/4 years but Love/Hate is a very good piece of work and I can see it easily doing another 2 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

I guess we know what americans felt like when jfk was shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,658 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hard to say where it will go, can't see Dano returning he will be too busy in the US. Must be very hard to keep it all together, budget is so low the writers can't really depend on anyone returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

As I said this time last year..
    Blay wrote: »
    Another series over...hope to see ya's all next series:)

I'm going to spend the next year thinking of who will replace Darren as the go- to guy:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

lightspeed wrote: »
    Probably to make a better disguise.

The guards are most likely now going to be looking for a guy with a shaved head as i reckon most hitmen are men.

Amd she took off that stupid waistcoat for the first time. She even wore it to her borther's funeral. That'll throw them off the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Is Tommy definitely brain damaged? 'Mild traumatic brain trauma' I think it was described as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Dano is a pretty weak character IMO. He was made out to be very small time today so I can see him being killed off fairly quickly in the next series as Nidge gets more involved with the Ra

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

acequion wrote: »
    Really gutted.Loved Darren.In fact the original trio of Darren,Nidge and Tommy were my favourite characters so I'm a bit ambivalent about the next series.Bit by bit the cast is changing, as some great characters like Rosie, Mary, John Boy,Hughie and now Darren have come and gone.So, like everything, the show's popularity might wane after multiple series.

I wasn't mad about tonight's episode either. Ok it was edge of seat stuff, no complaints there, but I'd have preferred them all being rounded up and arrested as the truth came out about Git's murder.There were some rumours that Stuart Carolan was interested in exploring the Guards /Mountjoy angle so that's what I was expecting,especially after last week.I thought the focus was a bit narrow tonight,mainly dominated by Nidge.

Brilliant entertainment overall though.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as soon as he escaped I knew it was going to be Lizzie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Godot. wrote: »
    Is Tommy definitely brain damaged? 'Mild traumatic brain trauma' I think it was described as.

Did the doctors actually find a brain?

Hitchens wrote: »
    Fran will be there don't forget

....Ready to screw him over. Fran has many talents tbf. Working diggers, hair dressing, golfing, but after his own sh*t attempt at offing John Boy last series i dont think he should do the clippings(of that sort) either...no his talents are better utilised elsewhere :D....

Looks like Gits finger could make an appearance in Season 4 as Fran tries to seize power :)

Probably to make a better disguise.

The guards are most likely now going to be looking for a guy with a shaved head as i reckon most hitmen are men.

She'll wear a wig to the brother's funeral so...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Godot. wrote: »

Even if he woke up the guy hasn't got an ounce of sense...couldn't even kill Fran last year and he was standing behind a glass door. He's not the replacement for Darren that Nidge needs, none of the people he has right now are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Nidge is such a snake. After Darren saving his life, it seemed strange how he was so easily willing to throw him under the bus like that.

hes a drug dealing coke snorting gangster, what do ya think he'd do to save his skin ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just seen this on facebook.

oxXCL.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

lh_zps24df1f58.jpg

:pac:

mfceiling wrote: »
    :eek:

Found Rosie and John Boy to be severe pains in the face, series got much better without both of them. There's enough pointless cry babys and paranoid narcissists on the box already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Dont ya just love bleedein facebook? My missus has just started to watch the first series on the 2nd episode and lovin it....some clown of a friend just blurted out the end to her, she is fuming!

Did the doctors actually find a brain?

As Father Ted said 'He lost the use of his ears...he used be able to wiggle them' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even if he woke up the guy hasn't got an ounce of sense...couldn't even kill Fran last year and he was standing behind a glass door. He's not the replacement for Darren that Nidge needs, none of the people he has right now are.

Lizzie, her and Nidge can be the baldie baddies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Hitchens

they'll bring someone in, what about the big Russian that Nidge met in the gym? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

My friend has only started season 3 and the plonker logged on to facebook tonight. Ruin it for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Jesus, King Nidge's facebook page is hoppin - with absolutely lunatic posts as if this is all real life!

This is the most lucid one on there:

Shauna Rutherford i hope your chinese is rotten!
    7 minutes ago · Unlike · 7

• Advertisement

I think, to keep the localness of the series they need one or two Dublin, or at least Irish actors. I think branching out too much into Russian mafia blah, blah would be a mistake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement