Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

On RTÉ Player now for anyone interested

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aciiiiiiiiiiid

I have a theory on why they made nidge change into mechanics overalls in the garage. They were going to recruit him into a trial of offering services to motorists in code for specific drugs. E.g. need my clutch fixed = cocaine, new tyres = weed, oil changed = pills, etc. this would also explain why they didn't kill him. They would have to show him the basics though to make it believable to the cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

heffo500 wrote: »
    Do you think Lizzie shaved her head so she would look like Danno and he would get the blame for the murder if there were any witnesses and take the heat away from her?

Only if the guards mistake 6ft 2 for 5ft 2 in the description... (which could happen in fairness)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭Hitchens

lovehate-3-630x419.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Aido’s budgie was leaving the series anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

VERY SAD, But Sheehan never fitted the role of ruthless killer / emotional reck for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

shrewd wrote: »
    Really? wow, you are good.

so who snitched on him?, it was accidental, he didn't mean to kill her brother.
    Also, they were close and all.

They hadn't seen each other since it happened,

Nidge had told the head IRA fella it was Darren who had shot him, would have never mentioned him not knowing,

Lizzie could have easily found this out, and got enough tips from following Darren around on his escapades.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

Talk about a load of b**lks - woeful final episode, and 60 minutes I won't get back. I had a feeling they were out of ideas after last week's poor showing, but this really sucked. I hope they don't make a fourth series as they have milked it as far as they can go. It was obvious Darren was going to get it, as Robert Sheehan is quite an established actor in England, and is making serious inroads into Hollywood, so he wouldn't have the time or interest to do a fourth series. Rubbish, OTT ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

VERY SAD, But Sheehan never fitted the role of ruthless killer / emotional reck for me.

+1 on this, I just didn't find him as convincing as the other actors playing their parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Talk about a load of b**lks - woeful final episode, and 60 miutes I won't get back. I had a feeling they were out of ideas after last week's poor showing, but this really sucked. I hope they don't make a fourth series as they have milked it as far as they can go. It was obvious Darren was going to get it, as Robert Sheehan is quite an established actor in England, and is making serious inroads into Hollywood, so he wouldn't have the time or interest to do a fourth series. Rubbish, OTT ending.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

Talk about a load of b**lks - woeful final episode, and 60 minutes I won't get back. I had a feeling they were out of ideas after last week's poor showing, but this really sucked. I hope they don't make a fourth series as they have milked it as far as they can go. It was obvious Darren was going to get it, as Robert Sheehan is quite an established actor in England, and is making serious inroads into Hollywood, so he wouldn't have the time or interest to do a fourth series. Rubbish, OTT ending.

well that escalated quickly....

I think, to keep the localness of the series they need one or two Dublin, or at least Irish actors. I think branching out too much into Russian mafia blah, blah would be a mistake.

I think they could do a Limerick series and they could explore the whole area of gangland crime spreading to the small towns. i.e Clonmel has a serious problem and was in the news today.

Ha ha nearly pissed myself laughing when Aido said he needs to 'get back down the gym' :D

:rolleyes:

Another Paolo Tulio i see licking the plate clean and then complaining about the grub

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

It's coola boola lads Darren's superpower is that he can't die. He's immortal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

You didn't like it so you hope they don't make another series:confused::confused: What about the rest of us who thought it was great and can't wait to buy the box set and watch it all again. As they say "its not compulsory ya know":confused:

As a female we need some totty for series 4 - maybe Nidge could expand his contact with foreigners he meets at the Gym - a nice sexy brooding Eastern european hit man to replace Darren ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Good ending but they just decimated their female audience.

Noooo, we've still got the gorgeous Tommy...albeit he's in a coma.

I hate to see Darren go. He was a cold blooded murderer/dog killer etc, but he did it with such charm. Siobhan even called him a sweetheart tonight.

Next season, Fran needs a major role. Coola boola. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

kinkygirl wrote: »

I hate to see Darren go. He was a cold blooded murderer/dog killer etc, but he did it with such charm. Siobhan even called him a sweetheart tonight.

He has the haircut of a total knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

I have a theory on why they made nidge change into mechanics overalls in the garage. They were going to recruit him into a trial of offering services to motorists in code for specific drugs. E.g. need my clutch fixed = cocaine, new tyres = weed, oil changed = pills, etc. this would also explain why they didn't kill him. They would have to show him the basics though to make it believable to the cops.

RA made it very clear this series that they weren't interested in drugs. He was told to change clothes in case he was wearing a wire or carrying anything. The gear he changed into had no pockets and the wellies prevented him from concealing anything in his runners.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A non trained person shooting someone in the head at 20 yards..

Come on rte!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

only love/hate can finish a series with Mozart’s music.

kinkygirl wrote: »

Godot. wrote: »
    He has the haircut of a total knacker.

His hair didnt seem to grow and his bruises seemed to have become more purple i notice

A non trained person shooting someone in the head at 20 yards..

Come on rte!!

How do you know she wasnt trained? The RA Could have been keeping her back out of sexism but kept her to do jobs like pretending to be Darren's girlfriend etc

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

When he was with the IRA man being 'questioned' why didn't Nidge blame Tommy for the pipebomb, Dano's dad being killed etc? Darren did do the final blow it was really Tommy who'd done the damage anyway. Most of all though he's in a coma anyway so not much they can do to him. And why give Darren the 10k he owed with a hit on him at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

When he was with the IRA man being 'questioned' why didn't Nidge blame Tommy for the pipebomb, Dano's dad being killed etc? Darren did do the final blow it was really Tommy who'd done the damage anyway. Most of all though he's in a coma anyway so not much they can do to him. And why give Darren the 10k he owed with a hit on him at the same time.

Blaming it on the vegetable would be seen as a bit convenient though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

....And why give Darren the 10k he owed with a hit on him at the same time.

Good point. Maybe it was so that Darren would not have his guard up, and then Aido and Elmo were to take the 10k from the body as payment for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Nidge's guilty conscience is the answer.

He foolishly though Aido and Elmo could carry out the clipping and then take the money off him. He got some fright when he seen Dazzlers name popping up on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

And why give Darren the 10k he owed with a hit on him at the same time.

That money was given to Darren, but was probably meant for Aido and Elmo to take from his body once they whacked him.

Also, giving the money to Darren rebuilt some of the trust and kinship lost between the two in previous episodes and in Nidge's eyes made Darren more likely to get in the car with Aido.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

I reckon to lull him into a false sense of security and trust as to not arouse suspicion...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement