Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

quad_red wrote: »
    Darren betrayed by everyone he went out on a limb for.

He threw the pipe bomb in revenge for Aido's getting knee capped.

He gave Elmo a chance instead of just killing him.

He saved Nidge from certain doom at the hands of Damo.

And then eventually killed by perhaps his only friend after unknowingly killing her brother (and feeling very bad about it).

He killed an innocent mother and father while their child was
    upstairs. And yet he was the most liked character.

quad_red wrote: »

Absolutely agree.

But what made him an interesting character was that mix of him being a mercilessly cold murderer and on the other hand one of the few scum bags with an ounce of loyalty or compassion in other ways.

I thought it was really interesting the way Darren was portrayed. He was the moral centre of a very corrupt gang and yet he was the one who carried out the most hits and was directly responsible for the deaths of many, including innocent bystanders. This conflict caught up with him in the end. It really shows how you can't operate under a moral code when involved in crime to this level, no matter how distorted that moral code is, as the disjunction will end up killing you.

It's fitting that Darren was shot before he could fully abandon his own morality by killing Nidge. Had he gone on the rampage, he would have lost any integrity he had left. He couldn't be considered good in normal terms, but within that context he was the closest to being essentially good. He remains 'the good one' now and Nidge is shown to be absolutely ruthless and entirely self-serving. Had Darren been more selfish, he might have lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,706 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ella wrote: »
    My friend has only started season 3 and the plonker logged on to facebook tonight. Ruin it for her.

In fairness it's the biggest drama RTE have ever staged, Facebook is the last place you want to be on the night it's aired to avoid spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I just hope the brand Love/Hate dose not take a dive over board like all the actors.

If the cast stuck together it could prove to be an excellent series on an on-going basis and not just 3/4 seasons. I can't understand why the actors are all wanting to leave/be killed off ? Is it cause RTE are making, it not an international brand?

Credit where it is due, excellent production from RTE. They get a lot of stick over the programs they produce but this is right up there with the best. So well done RTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

In fairness it's the biggest drama RTE have ever staged, Facebook is the last place you want to be on the night it's aired to avoid spoilers.
    I know and i told her and got a text "Forgot about your warning and logged on to FB". Should always listen to aunty ella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

youtube! wrote: »
    Dont ya just love bleedein facebook? My missus has just started to watch the first series on the 2nd episode and lovin it....some clown of a friend just blurted out the end to her, she is fuming!

hmmm, a big mouth.. Maybe you need to whack her for the good of the group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

youtube! wrote: »
    Dont ya just love bleedein facebook? My missus has just started to watch the first series on the 2nd episode and lovin it....some clown of a friend just blurted out the end to her, she is fuming!
    My friend has only started season 3 and the plonker logged on to facebook tonight. Ruin it for her.

Don't know how you can expect the whole world to hold its tongue until 2 of your friends decided its time to jump aboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Lizzie the killer fo' shizzie

I thought Dazzler might end up a Michael Corleone type but in fairness his ending worked well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Well, Nidge needn't worry too much about Dano.

Mrs Hot RA will despatch him in episode 1 of season 4 so that will leave Nidge in the clear. That's my prediction anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Ah sure there has to be a progression, the business they're in deals in death, otherwise it turns into Fair City or Home & Away with the same career characters doing the same ould same ould every week, it'd get old quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Don't know how you can expect the whole world to hold its tongue until 2 of your friends decided its time to jump aboard.
    Mind linking me to my post where i said that please? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ah sure there has to be a progression, the business they're in deals in death, otherwise it turns into Fair City or Home & Away with the same career characters doing the same ould same ould every week, it'd get old quick.
    Alf, the flamin' mongrel:)

Leave Fair City out of this! It's turning a corner into something decent..

Hitchens wrote: »
    Alf, the flamin' mongrel:)

Nidge, ya flamin' gallah, sendin that moron Elmo to do a mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnz job!

Doyler92 wrote: »
    His wages were too high and RTE couldn't provide it, so this was how they were to get rid of him.

Yet they can find the absurd cash for Joe Duffy and Pat Kenny :rolleyes: That said though while Sheehan is a good actor i think he didnt fit the part of Darren although he brought some excellent elements to the character i think another actor would have brought more

• Registered Users Posts: 85,595 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe Dazzler can come back through a fridge next season :p

I love to see Sheamus from WWE on this

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maybe Dazzler can come back through a fridge next season :p

Nah, but I reckon that blue hoodie could make an appearance on The Walking Dead in Feb :D

Oh wait, no, he was shot in the noggin!

.....And the gangland style backstabbing continues with the Week in politics currently on RTE 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Godot. wrote: »
    Is Tommy definitely brain damaged? 'Mild traumatic brain trauma' I think it was described as.

Maybe they threw that line in so that we won't be too surprised when he's back on his feet next season.

I've just watched Seasons 1 & 2 back to back recently, and Tommy is a pointless character. I think the reason he has been in the coma for the last 2 weeks is because there is no need for his character in the programme at all. All he does in season 1 is grunt monosyllables and shag women. In season 2 all he does is mess up a couple of jobs he's given, force Siobhan to muel money, and shag women.

I think they should have written Tommy and Darren as one character instead of two different characters. Let's call him 'TomDar'. Tomdar would have been seduced by Siobhan in the first season, and shacked up with her in the second season. Sometimes he gets it right and he's a crack hitman, but sometimes he gets it wrong, like Tommy did at the Bookies shop in season 2. Tomdar would have more screentime than any of the current characters - he'd be the focus of the show. There would have been no need for that Ruth Negga love-interest side-story.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Do you think Lizzie shaved her head so she would look like Danno and he would get the blame for the murder if there were any witnesses and take the heat away from her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I think it was a good way to write him out. Viewers will forgive nidge as in the end it wasn't him who killed of Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Good ending but they just decimated their female audience.

Nah, but I reckon that blue hoodie could make an appearance on The Walking Dead in Feb :D

Oh wait, no, he was shot in the noggin!

Penneys are delighted with the free advertising with Robert Sheehan wearing one of their range on the most watched Irish program the last 6 weeks :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Stone Cold or The Rock , few stunners or rock bottoms be more the part to be honest.

When the budgie died that would have clearly called for a rock bottom..

isn't it great to have the old discussion about it though, and everyone cold sober :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

Skerries wrote: »
    as soon as he escaped I knew it was going to be Lizzie

Really? wow, you are good.

so who snitched on him?, it was accidental, he didn't mean to kill her brother.
    Also, they were close and all.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think it was a good way to write him out. Viewers will forgive nidge as in the end it wasn't him who killed of Darren.

as the judges say ...he showed remorse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Great finale to the series, and I didn't see the Lizzie thing coming.

The only downpoint was the absurd notion that Darren and his single handgun could scare off 3 or 4 of Dano's crew who were armed to the teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Mind linking me to my post where i said that please? :rolleyes:

I apologise Ella, I initially read your post as "some plonker on FB ruined it for her"

Mea culpa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

shrewd wrote: »

Really? wow, you are good.

so who snitched on him?, it was accidental, he didn't mean to kill her brother.
    Also, they were close and all.

dano put the hit out/told lizzie considering he was told to leave their crew alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement