Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Darren won't be back... he's gone to L.A. (in real life!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's definitely her. Who else would it be? Some new character that they've plucked out of nowhere?

Did I say it wasn't her. Have another look at the last 5mins. You'll see that she has a scarf over the bottom of her face.

Why shave the head though?

Ill buy the boxset down the line. TBH, Season 1 is poor in contrast to what followed and while Season 2 was excellent, it was nothing compared to Season 3 but that comes from the show having become more popular and received more money over the last 2 years.

So the audience can have conversations exactly like this one!

Who was it? Was it her? It didn't look like her? Yes it did! No it didn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

How do you know she wasnt trained? The RA Could have been keeping her back out of sexism but kept her to do jobs like pretending to be Darren's girlfriend etc

The impression I got from back when she went with Darren for the hit was the she did have form. And presumably she spent a lot of time in IRA training camps.

• Advertisement

Did I say it wasn't her. Have another look at the last 5mins. You'll see that she has a scarf over the bottom of her face.

One theory i had is that she went insane after hearing news of her brother but another theory is that she could have been trying to frame Dano.

If for example, a skinhead was spotted shooting Darren from the upper floors of someone's house and word could get back to the police and then Tony, Dano could be in the s*it for defying orders a second time. Maybe Lizzie blames Dano for Pat's death

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It was Lizzie - and Git was probably more interested in teaching his little girl to shoot straight than in traditional education. There's a screenshot further back in the thread to confirm.

One theory i had is that she went insane after hearing news of her brother but another theory is that she could have been trying to frame Dano.

If for example, a skinhead was spotted shooting Darren from the upper floors of someone's house and word could get back to the police and then Tony, Dano could be in the s*it for defying orders a second time. Maybe Lizzie blames Dano for Pat's death

Darren shot her brother??????????????! That's all the reason she needs.

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Darren shot her brother??????????????! That's all the reason she needs.

Yes to kill Darren but to shave her head another theory is that she might want to put it on Dano. Only a theory, bit far fetched i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Didnt think of that angle, just assumed Dano put her upto it and she shaved her head just so cops would be looking for a man (maybe he still did but she is trying to get him clipped by the RA for disobeying orders since he cant say that he put Lizzy upto it as he be killed for putting a contract out.

RA/Dano get more flak for gangland shootings, Dano gets clipped, Lizzie avenges her brother by killing his killer and the person who put him in that situation. Very clever!

• Advertisement

It was Lizzie - and Git was probably more interested in teaching his little girl to shoot straight than in traditional education. There's a screenshot further back in the thread to confirm.

Lizzie wasnt Gits daughter.

Her brothers were Paddy (who died in the shootout with Dazzler) and Ray (who snuffed it last week) but to be fair your right id say Lizzie was taught a thing or two about firearms...alot more than Elmo anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

rumors that Darren survives, better be false

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The middle classes upgraded from plasma screens to LCD/LED screens years ago- just before their property portfolios went south! :-)

Going from Plasma to LCD/LED is a downgrade in picture quality.

Going from Plasma to LCD/LED is a downgrade in picture quality.

Sounds like someone got conned into buying plasma :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

The most thing Elmo got right was managing to not shoot himself, in fairness he did hit Dazzler, handguns aren't the most accurate things, plus he was firing while moving. He did start shooting way too soon, and Aido didn't help things by tipping Dazzler off with his fcuk acting with the locks.

Would have been funny to see Dazzler with a gimpy arm chase Aido with a gimpy leg though, epic fight scene right there.

I love the show but the most ridiculous thing was Darren getting shot out at the airport and then a few minutes later arriving back at the gippy flat about 10 minutes later - well, around the same time of day...

...Infrastructure in Dublin city centre is obviously amaze-balls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Eh... and did I say that you said it wasn't? :confused:

Honestly folks get very agro over the slightest thing.

The reason I asked who else would it be was because, even though her face was partially covered it was still obvious it was her. There was no other character going to come out of nowhere and kill him. She's the only person it could be. Even from a story point of view it would only make sense that it was her.

She'd just lost both her brothers and the man she fancied was responsible for killing one of them. She's obviously gone off the rails and was out for revenge. The shaved head could signify that she's turned now from a slightly innocent girl into a hardened killer and she could have done it to avoid detection if there were witnesses to the crime.

She was no relation of Git's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Aido didn't help things by tipping Dazzler off with his fcuk acting with the locks.

Deadlocking the car would prevent it being opened from the inside so he thought he was ensuring Darren wouldn't get out, but he was already suspicous and knew something was up as soon as he did it.
    I love the show but the most ridiculous thing was Darren getting shot out at the airport and then a few minutes later arriving back at the gippy flat about 10 minutes later - well, around the same time of day...

Shows and films would be very long and boring if the characters were showing getting from A to B in their entirety all the time. And it wasn't the airport but the docks which has a Luas going right by Aidos flat. Plus he had a pocketful of money.

I think people are looking for too much meaning into the shaved head too, could have been grief or simply a disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I loved the series, sad it's over. I watched it down the local on a big screen every Sunday, it was like the cinema but with pints. Also, its the pub that John Boy was drinking in after his brother's funeral just before Darran got shot in S1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

He was down at the port, the scene was shot in the Point Village car park. He has €10k in his pocket. He would have no problem getting a cab or even the Luas could be a straight run up, also we don't know how far Aido's flat is from the port, it's not based on real life Dublin layout. In one episode Nidge I think was driving on through Phibsboro next thing he turns onto the Quays. That's what happens in shows all over the world to cover camera angles, shots etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

iPearly wrote: »
    Sorry for slightly getting off track. The box set was supposed to be in hmv and none of them got it. Very disappointing. For weeks now it's been advertised we can buy it there from today.

Didn't see any in HMV today. Saw it in Easons though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The most thing Elmo got right was managing to not shoot himself, in fairness he did hit Dazzler, handguns aren't the most accurate things, plus he was firing while moving. He did start shooting way too soon, and Aido didn't help things by tipping Dazzler off with his fcuk acting with the locks.

Would have been funny to see Dazzler with a gimpy arm chase Aido with a gimpy leg though, epic fight scene right there.

I thought Aido has rigged the car to explode when he pulled out the keys! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Was the two dead ira fellas sister the shooter .

He was down at the port, the scene was shot in the Point Village car park. He has €10k in his pocket. He would have no problem getting a cab or even the Luas could be a straight run up, also we don't know how far Aido's flat is from the port, it's not based on real life Dublin layout. In one episode Nidge I think was driving on through Phibsboro next thing he turns onto the Quays. That's what happens in shows all over the world to cover camera angles, shots etc.

Not to mention Nidges house is in the Castleknock area and he went to do a spot of shopping in Dundrum in S1. Blanch is just up the road, who can afford to go all the way South Side with petrol the price it is?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Not to mention Nidges house is in the Castleknock area and he went to do a spot of shopping in Dundrum in S1. Blanch is just up the road, who can afford to go all the way South Side with petrol the price it is?

The same fella that can pull €100k out of somewhere in the space of 24 hours to meet the RA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Was the two dead ira fellas sister the shooter .

Yes.

The same fella that can pull €100k out of somewhere in the space of 24 hours to meet the RA!

It was a joke, besides I dont think the Nidge Weasel of season 1 had that kinda cash floating around. He was defo still at Blanch level at that stage :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

fruvai wrote: »
    I think you're right - The shot @ 16:50 could be interpreted as Aido symbolically "laying Darren to rest" - implying that he has had a hand in Dazzler's downfall.That connection was actually established earlier in the episode when it cut from Elmo's cousin's body in a casket to Elmo in bed.

Called it in episode 3.
    I knew this shot was foreshadowing :D

vlcsnap71339.png

Basil3 wrote: »
    It was a joke, besides I dont think the Nidge Weasel of season 1 had that kinda cash floating around. He was defo still at Blanch level at that stage :-)

Sorry I meant it as a joke as well!!

He was definitely at the Blanch stage, I remember Trish saying in S1 she didn't want Nidge getting back involved with the gang now Darren was back in the country and Robbie was out of jail.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Deadlocking the car would prevent it being opened from the inside so he thought he was ensuring Darren wouldn't get out, but he was already suspicous and knew something was up as soon as he did it.

Shows and films would be very long and boring if the characters were showing getting from A to B in their entirety all the time. And it wasn't the airport but the docks which has a Luas going right by Aidos flat. Plus he had a pocketful of money.

I think people are looking for too much meaning into the shaved head too, could have been grief or simply a disguise.

Oh. My. God. I wasn't being serious - I work in the film industry... so I know it can't be shot in realtime but I think they could have cheated the time lapse a little bit. Anyway, minor point.

It's drama, not a documentary - people seem to be taking this WAY too seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement