Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Godot. wrote: »
    He has the haircut of a total knacker.

Have you looked into those eyes? C'mon.

And, for those of you who didn't see Darren as a hard boy, that was his best trait. He could be so full of charm and had those teddy bear eyes that could melt a stone, yet belied everything he was.

We'll miss ya' Dazzler.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Oscorp wrote: »
    Also, giving the money to Darren rebuilt some of the trust and kinship lost between the two in previous episodes and in Nidge's eyes made Darren more likely to get in the car with Aido.
    I think this is it. "I'm gonna screw you out your money but here's your getaway driver" would sound a bit suss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Nobody else cop on that Darren was getting shot when Nidge handed him the money? His reaction to Darren saying thought you were going to stiff me gave it away tbh

Yep Tommy to make a serious comeback. He won't be right in the head either.

Hadn't thought about that...a changed Tommy, as dumb as he was yet as aggressive as Dano. He is probably suffering memory loss but regains it the vital moment Nidge needs him....

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Good ending but they just decimated their female audience.

that generalisation is borderline insulting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

AG2R wrote: »
    Nobody else cop on that Darren was getting shot when Nidge handed him the money? His reaction to Darren saying thought you were going to stiff me gave it away tbh

Sure we knew before that didn't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Exclusive! Picture of Nidge's new blundering hitman Elmo from the set of season 4

l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭8mv

Great ending to a great season. You can pick holes in the plot and continuity but who's bothered? Sorry to see Robert Sheehan bow out, but it looks like Hollywood calls. He has a part in something called The Mortal Instruments that seems to be part one of a series of films along with other movie work. I thought Darren was a good character and like an earlier post, I expected a Michael Corleone or I, Claudius plot line. Well done Octogon and Stuart Carrolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I think it would have been great if when Nige was just about to finger gits killer to the ra man in the room in Dundalk, Darren walked in.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

I think he gave him the money cos he half hoped he would get away. Pointless picking out possible plot holes in shows like this though, to be entertaining they have to take liberties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Did the chances of Fran The Man finding out about Nidge's affair with Linda MK I die with Darren, or does anyone else know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Did the chances of Fran The Man finding out about Nidge's affair with Linda MK I die with Darren, or does anyone else know?

Tommy knows as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Predalien wrote: »
    I think he gave him the money cos he half hoped he would get away. Pointless picking out possible plot holes in shows like this though, to be entertaining they have to take liberties.
    This, his reaction when he was on the phone after being shot made this seem true

I think Fran might know somehow but is biding his time :) Either way Nidge is fúcked next series

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

8mv wrote: »
    Great ending to a great season. You can pick holes in the plot and continuity but who's bothered? Sorry to see Robert Sheehan bow out, but it looks like Hollywood calls. He has a part in something called The Mortal Instruments that seems to be part one of a series of films along with other movie work. I thought Darren was a good character and like an earlier post, I expected a Michael Corleone or I, Claudius plot line. Well done Octogon and Stuart Carrolan.

+ 100

It is the best thing RTE have done in years, it's kept us on the edge of our seats week after week and had an excellent season ending. And for those of you who wish to find silly faults with the show...try Fair City! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Am I really losing it? ,all along I thought Lizzie was in love with Darren? Why did she have his photo on her phone and gaze at it longingly .....Even if he accidentally killed her brother, she would surely have asked him was it true,and her psyco ra psyche might have let him live 'cos she loved him? She's a
    mentaller anyway with her dysfunctional family background but seemed to
    have a loopy soft spot for Darren.
    Or maybe I'm on the wrong road altogether:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

dcmm wrote: »
    Am I really losing it? ,all along I thought Lizzie was in love with Darren? Why did she have his photo on her phone and gaze at it longingly .....Even if he accidentally killed her brother, she would surely have asked him was it true,and her psyco ra psyche might have let him live 'cos she loved him? She's a

Maybe in the next series we will find out Darren told her and she reluctantly accepted because she said she loved him, but Darren rejected her as she's a munter, hence she killed him because he broke her heart?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cora Mahoney

Darren didn't really have time to tell her, but I kept hoping he would. I hoped something might even develop romantically for them.

The ending was like a trip....keep me just dazed for a good few minutes after.

Is Love/Hate really the same show without Darren? For me, maybe not. But I am still looking forward to seeing Darren's funeral, and get a good look at who attends it, in Season 4. ;)

To paraphrase Morgan Freeman's Shawshank character, "Id like to tell you that Dazzler fought the good fight....but gangland aint no fairytale!" :D

Word obviously got back to Lizzy from Dano that Darren killed her brother. Two brothers dead in the week and given the fact Dazzler was showing so much sympathy and after Ray having the decency to give him heads up he killed her other brother. Would drive anyone over the edge let alone a girl who has an unhealthy obsession with the lad who killed her brother

Next series will probably see Lizzie be the conscientious sort visiting Mary to sympathise with her for her loss

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure Tommy won't have a brain injury. With Mary to come back, Dano's wife, and the prostitute as loose ends to tie up there's just to much potential to throw away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cora Mahoney

To paraphrase Morgan Freeman's Shawshank character, "Id like to tell you that Dazzler fought the good fight....but gangland aint no fairytale!" :D

Word obviously got back to Lizzy from Dano that Darren killed her brother. Two brothers dead in the week and given the fact Dazzler was showing so much sympathy and after Ray having the decency to give him heads up he killed her other brother. Would drive anyone over the edge let alone a girl who has an unhealthy obsession with the lad who killed her brother

Next series will probably see Lizzie be the conscientious sort visiting Mary to sympathise with her for her loss

I disagree. In fact, I think we may see the rise of some tough women next season, characters like Darren's sister Mary possibly returning via his funeral, Lizzie now transformed into a real 'hard woman' , a stone cold killer now with nothing to lose. Curious too how Siobhan is going to take it when she hears of Darren's murder, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 chuck_g

Why was nidge engrossed in his laptop at the end?maybe the e mail he got sent about john boy had something to do with it?

Facebook.............he loves a good ol creep. No lie! ;)

I think everyone is forgetting Lizzie was the ra's top gun!! There was reference to this early on in the series. So who knows, was she told to kill him, did it out of revenge or bitterness. Either was he's dead, and not a moment too soon......he was starting to smell!

msg11 wrote: »
    I just hope the brand Love/Hate dose not take a dive over board like all the actors.

If the cast stuck together it could prove to be an excellent series on an on-going basis and not just 3/4 seasons. I can't understand why the actors are all wanting to leave/be killed off ? Is it cause RTE are making, it not an international brand?

Credit where it is due, excellent production from RTE. They get a lot of stick over the programs they produce but this is right up there with the best. So well done RTE!

:rolleyes:
    Because its based on Gangland. People are as disposable as a dirty nappy. What did you think would happen? Did you think Nidge would present Darren with a silver watch and a purple heart for Bravery? :D It wouldnt be much of a gangland drama if none of the cast were killed now would it?

Darren couldnt walk away from gangland despite his brother being killed, despite losing the love of his life, despite an attempt on his own life, despite alienating himself from his sister, despite having to murder people, despite having realised Nidge is a violent pr*ck, despite having to kill Luke last series.... He still didnt walk away and he was sucked in and chewed up by the system.

I disagree. In fact, I think we may see the rise of some tough women next season, characters like Darren's sister Mary possibly returning via his funeral, Lizzie now transformed into a real 'hard woman' , a stone cold killer now with nothing to lose. Curious too how Siobhan is going to take it when she hears of Darren's murder, etc.

She could be a female version of Darren perhaps? A cold hard killer carrying guilt and an inability to walk away?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

alot of people seem to want nidge killed in the next series but i think these people dont realise the show really would be crap without nidge. from series 1 he was always the main character and even though hes a snake, hes probably the most real because the viewers know exactly what he is like. it wont be the same without darren but it was always going to be better having darren killed than nidge. darren was always made out as the innocent one even though hes killed alot more people than the rest of them. i felt sorry for nidge because he really seemed like he didnt want to have darren shot and when he rang him, i think he seemed almost happy that he was still alive. and when darren got shot while on the phone, nidge wouldnt have known who shot him, for all he knew it couldve been elmo or aido but he still was genuinely upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

I don't think the ra will even feature in next series.

Dazzler's character ran out of places to go I guess.
    Was a bit careless that he completely dispatched with the Dublin accent altogether after the first series anyway.

I'd have been disappointed if they killed off Nidge instead of Darren.Nidge is the show really. The fact that he's so hated a character by now is a testament to how credible his acting is.

Not totally convinced by Fran in this show at all.

But it's brilliant show.

meath12 wrote: »
    alot of people seem to want nidge killed in the next series but i think these people dont realise the show really would be crap without nidge. from series 1 he was always the main character and even though hes a snake, hes probably the most real because the viewers know exactly what he is like. it wont be the same without darren but it was always going to be better having darren killed than nidge. darren was always made out as the innocent one even though hes killed alot more people than the rest of them. i felt sorry for nidge because he really seemed like he didnt want to have darren shot and when he rang him, i think he seemed almost happy that he was still alive. and when darren got shot while on the phone, nidge wouldnt have known who shot him, for all he knew it couldve been elmo or aido but he still was genuinely upset.

It would be crap and TVL is one talented dude but as a gangland boss we'd like to keep the cycle going and see him get whacked. Most of the real villains in soaps and dramas are the most despicable of characters that you want to see getting punished and in gangland there is a continous cycle of leaders being blasted and new boys emerging.

Intelligence was never Dano's strong point.............anyone else see whats wrong here?? Republic of telly will have a field day :)

167458_10152343339540650_676497673_n_zpse9b6e9c0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Maybe he's calling Australia

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement