Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Dempsey wrote: »
    I thought Aido has rigged the car to explode when he pulled out the keys! :pac:

I though that myself. There seemed to be a slight pause when he is shown pressing the key fob :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel12

To be honest i thought it was Dano's wife when i saw it but that makes no sense. Probably lizzie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I though that myself. There seemed to be a slight pause when he is shown pressing the key fob :cool:

I thought that too and then thought, Aido wouldn't know how to rig a car to explode!

Then it came to me....... Sinead O'Connor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Just watched the ending there again. So sick..never felt so bad..I was truly in shock that Darren was killed. It was as good an ending as you can get. Everyone thought Darren had escaped and then bang....If Darren wanted to go that was a great finish but I think it is wrong to take him out of the show...It just won't be the same..

Remember when Darren was so upset about killing Lizzie's brother...

He spoke to her previously about them having a similar family with 2 boys and 1 girl..Lizzie was only left out of her family with 2 lads gone and I think Darren might have thinking the same aswell. 1 brother gone and maybe another (which did happen)..
    I just knew he was going to do when he killed Lizzie's brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

so was it dano and the other ra lad who told lizzie that darren killed her brother? i thought it might also be fran as we shots of a blue van parked near where dazzler was shot, particularly the last shot of the show, and nidge told him the ra lads wanted an eye for an eye and darren had to go

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

He could have shopped Tommy as he did main damage but only thing holding him back is that Siobhan is Nidge's niece, that gets forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Series 4 to be told from a Garda point of view? Would be good if true, similar to the sort of thing The Wire did with telling the tale from largely different perspectives each season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

KevIRL wrote: »
    Series 4 to be told from a Garda point of view? Would be good if true, similar to the sort of thing The Wire did with telling the tale from largely different perspectives each season

I wonder will the Gards have a rat in the gang. Maybe Aido? The crooked cop may also make a few appearances.

A bit disappointed they didn't tie up the Debbie story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FriedBiscuit

Maybe Lizzie shaved her head to get revenge on both Dano and Darren.

Dano - If he had followed Tony's orders, Paddy wouldn't have been shot, so she shaved her head to blame Darren's death on Dano.

Darren - To get revenge for killing Paddy.

• Advertisement

so was it dano and the other ra lad who told lizzie that darren killed her brother?

I'd say so. It makes the most sense. I don't think Fran would do it considering Nidge was already making moves to kill Darren and he wouldn't have known that she would shoot him once she did know.
    Maybe Lizzie shaved her head to get revenge on both Dano and Darren.

Dano - If he had followed Tony's orders, Paddy wouldn't have been shot, so she shaved her head to blame Darren's death on Dano.

Darren - To get revenge for killing Paddy.

I don't think it's anything to do with Dano. Someone with a shaved head shooting Darren doesn't mean anyone would even blame Dano. Also she wouldn't know that he wouldn't have an airtight alibi.

I think it was pure revenge on Darren and nothing more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think people are reading too much into the geography and the shaved head. Unless they specifically mention areas (like they did with Dundalk, known RA territory, especially with the road sign to Belfast also included), then we're not meant to consider the plausibility of getting from A to B relevant. The only specific location the show is set in is 'Dublin'. Also, I think someone hit the nail on the head in saying that the shaved head was included just to get people talking. It's pretty clear it was Lizzie. I doubt it'll even be brought up again, just accepted as fact as the plot moves into the next series.

Great series. I'm gonna miss it now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

I have a feeling this could take a "The Departed" turn and Nidge is now the informer....just a thought

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anyone have any joy getting the box set today?? I went into 2 HMV's to be told they hadn't arrived yet...

Rumors that Darren is to return is series 4 and not dead. Don't quote me on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

that generalisation is borderline insulting.

Fiesty one you are!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Nidge had set up the murder for the ira . The girl did it off her iwn back . Knew darren was staying in aidos flat and just waited for him there .
    She shaved her head to look like a man . There was geadlines a while ago about a woman hitman in real life .
    Nobody told her who killed her brother Id say from experience she knew the ra and nidge were fighting . Darren was nidges trigger man . She put 2 and 2 together.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

I wonder will the Gards have a rat in the gang. Maybe Aido? The crooked cop may also make a few appearances.

Maybe Nidge's bodyguard? After hearing Nidge hired him after meeting him at the gym my instan reaction was that he's an undercover Guard.

rebel12 wrote: »
    Rumors that Darren is to return is series 4 and not dead. Don't quote me on it though.
    I think that's a load of arse. With the amount of blood loss and everything, I think that's the end of poor ol' Darren.

I think that's a load of arse. With the amount of blood loss and everything, I think that's the end of poor ol' Darren.
    I refuse to believe it :(

• Advertisement

AG2R wrote: »
    rumors that Darren survives, better be false

If that is the case then that's me finished with the show. I doubt it though unless
    he appears in flashbacks

I refuse to believe it :(

I was thinking that it could've been a dream. It shows Nidge in the IRA fella's house and then after the break it suddenly shows him waking up from a sleep back in his hotel without showing what happened in between, but I doubt it was a dream.

Nidge had set up the murder for the ira . The girl did it off her iwn back . Knew darren was staying in aidos flat and just waited for him there .
    She shaved her head to look like a man . There was geadlines a while ago about a woman hitman in real life .
    Nobody told her who killed her brother Id say from experience she knew the ra and nidge were fighting . Darren was nidges trigger man . She put 2 and 2 together.

Woman arrested in connection with the slaying of Eamon Kelly recently. One of the 6 or so arrested in connection with it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I do have to admit that the Dazzler did walk like a fool or had a sore arse! Quite funny to see I wasnt the only one that thought so

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Eh, she blew his head off.. I seriously doubt it..

Rumours?

From where?

There's only a few people who know what season 4 will entail and I doubt they're putting out rumours online. It's more than likely just sh*te talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Deadlocking the car would prevent it being opened from the inside

It just delays someone a second, if he'd not done it at all then Dazzler might not have been tipped off. Also if they'd had their plan together (which, in fairness IS asking too much of Aido and Elmo), Aido should have parked in a better spot, but makes no difference because the story had to have Dazzler get away for the audience.

Nah. I think she was told - they knew it was Darren who killed her brother. The first thing she would have asked was 'who did it?' so I don't think there's anyway that she didn't know 100% that Darren did it - she wouldn't have killed him on a hunch without proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I'd be looking squarely at Siobhan here. The rape, Tommy in hospital, Dazzler being killed, Nidge had a hand in all three. She was forced into keeping quiet about the rape on Nidges say, Nidge put Tommy in hospital after his tantrum, and it was Nidge sent Aido/Elmo braintrust to clip Dazzler and also! it was rescuing Nidge from the ra when Dazzler shot Lizzies brother.

Jaysus, Nidge, yer some scumbag lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, that'd be too ridiculous. Part of the enjoyment of the show is the realism, that nobody is safe. Think about the lead crew at the start of series one:

Nidge
    Tommy
    Darren (dead)
    Johnboy (dead)
    Stumpy (dead)
    Hughie (dead)

Most likely Aido and Elmo will get more exposure in the next season.
    Nidge's time is up at some point, as was already hinted to in the last episode. The RA will take him out eventually. But that could be next season or the one after that, you never know.
    My suspicion is there will be something of a gang war in the next season as Fran will find out what Nidge did with his wife. It'll be Nidge/Aido/Elmo -v- Fran/Tommy/? -v- The RA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement