Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,060 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    I dont honestly know.

I also dont honestly know why you have 118 posts in a thread titled, "FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years" :):o

Probably because I didn't run and hide when my predictions about the election failed to materialise.

Everyone can be 'whinging' or 'giving out' if you want to portray criticism or commentary that way.

It's called spin. FG will 'spin' the next few years in opposition as something other than 'whinging or giving out' and I guess you guys will go along with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Idbatterim wrote: »
    FFG cant have another election , they would lose more seats. They are ****ed both ways, this next few years, for whoever leads, is going to be problematic. the national broadband plan should be pulled in my opinion...

So FFG now lead or lose more seats OR they go into power, things will get worse on all fronts in my prediction and they look at destruction next election. Because they would actually have to change things and hurt their own interests and some of the electorate, which they havent wanted to do thus far. This is a mind blowing time in politics. We are in the middle of a "boom" and you could look at cuts having to be made, who knows if this will even turn into a recession ...

appalling economic mismanagement here, for decades. Its why I wasnt scared voting for SF, FFG talking about the "economy" etc, is comedy!

What legacy have these clowns left after two booms and decades in power? a decent motorway network and world class welfare! Everything else is getting worse!

No offence, dude, but there isn’t a soul on this island reading your shïte. It’s the sort of thing that even the journal would reject. And that’s fairly grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

No offence, dude, but there isn’t a soul on this island reading your shïte. It’s the sort of thing that even the journal would reject. And that’s fairly grim.

He was gonna vote greens, then FG, then FF and settled on SF:)

Darwins law.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

which bit you disagree with of the post I made...

‘I’m all right Jack’ politics has fuelled the rise of Sinn Féin

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/im-all-right-jack-politics-has-fuelled-the-rise-of-sinn-fein/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

FFG cant have another election , they would lose more seats. They are ****ed both ways, this next few years, for whoever leads, is going to be problematic. the national broadband plan should be pulled in my opinion...

So FFG now lead or lose more seats OR they go into power, things will get worse on all fronts in my prediction and they look at destruction next election. Because they would actually have to change things and hurt their own interests and some of the electorate, which they havent wanted to do thus far. This is a mind blowing time in politics. We are in the middle of a "boom" and you could look at cuts having to be made, who knows if this will even turn into a recession ...

appalling economic mismanagement here, for decades. Its why I wasnt scared voting for SF, FFG talking about the "economy" etc, is comedy!

What legacy have these clowns left after two booms and decades in power? a decent motorway network and world class welfare! Everything else is getting worse!

Who is FFG?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

dixiefly wrote: »
    Who is FFG?

The enemy of SFIRA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Everyone can be 'whinging' or 'giving out' if you want to portray criticism or commentary that way.

Ah yes, your thousands upon thousand of posts defending SF against all, is actually constructive. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭satguy

dixiefly wrote: »
    Who is FFG?

Come the next GE,, SF will get so many seats,, FF and FG will have to merge to become FFG.

In the last government, votes for FF, just propped up FG, they are one and the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Or a FF govt with confidence and supply from FG make things a lot better.

SF will lose seats in the next election. They lost the cycle of populism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭PommieBast

How does a €50 euro reduction in the pension and dole sound to people?
    Did you hit the wrong symbol key? :D

which bit you disagree with of the post I made...

Iirc you claim to have a few quid, you are self employed or something earning a decent wedge.

What exactly is getting worse if you consider the welfare world class?

It's a pity the lefties don't acknowledge the decent welfare system is an indicator of a very fair system. I can of course appreciate the taxpayers aren't overly impressed with it but such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

satguy wrote: »
    Come the next GE,, SF will get so many seats,, FF and FG will have to merge to become FFG.

In the last government, votes for FF, just propped up FG, they are one and the same.

SF would be destroyed in 6 months in government.

They have promised way too much.

They have to reverse thousands of thing they opposed.

Give me 5 reforms SF would make that would improve public services.

You can't claim they would cut staff that aren't needed by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Augeo wrote: »
    How's MAry Lou getting on with that left government she was trying to set up? Oh yeah, she didn't actually bother her hole going about it.

Probably still at home sitting in her hole. No different to any other week then. Making videos for the extremely dim to lap up

It’s only a shame the wasters didn’t elect more tinfoil idiots. That way they could be forced into government right now and quickly shown up for what they are

This isn't a political issue. This is a societal issue. Louise O'Reilly might be a better Minister of Health than Simon Harris. We all need to come together at this stage.

Jesus that’s a fairly big might. What has she ever achieved or been in charge of a policy brief on a government front bench? She’s like another they’ve dragged in off a water protest riot

Give me 5 reforms SF would make that would improve public services.

You can't claim they would cut staff that aren't needed by the way.

I agree, they wouldnt cut staff. The SF vote was primarly a backlash against the criminal housing situation FFG are presiding over. Actually throw in insurance, health, infrastructure etc, the black and tans commemoration etc :rolleyes: They need a boot in the h*le to do something about it or dont and deal with the fall out again in a few years...

I cant wait to see this upcoming budget, I keep coming back to welfare because, if like you say, non of them will sort out any of the services, the over pay, the wasters in it, the practices etc. Where does all the money keep coming from, to feed the waste, the black holes etc and then solve the issues here, that need addressing. I'll start with a simple one, a proper and significant site value tax is needed years ago, that is a start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

road_high wrote: »
    It’s only a shame the wasters didn’t elect more tinfoil idiots. That way they could be forced into government right now and quickly shown up for what they are

That's lovely. And you wonder why FG did so poorly? Wait, no youse have a series of insults for all the former FG/FF floaters.
    tobsey wrote: »
    He’s going as Taoiseach, as opposed to going for a fundraiser.

Give over. He's going for a selfie. He knows Trump should be under quarantine right?

MM and LV looking like maybe doing something...but after Sio and Leo come back from their Paddy's Day beano.
    The idea that the lads that over saw the NCH over run, record breaking crises and Cervicheck may be putting their...differences(?) aside because of Corona Virus...after the Paddy's day break, is very reassuring :rolleyes:

Best thing Varadkar can do is keep his mouth shut, cut the posturing and let what serious professional medial adults we have already in place look after things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

FG haven't delivered on any of the promises they made in the last 2 elections.

Not a single one..

Yet they're still here.. (just about)

What makes you think it would be any different for SF ?

• Advertisement

look, this FG thing isnt hard to work out! they claimed to be the party that represented workers. they had an open goal in 2011, bascially do nothing for years. Then you have mostly older people and home owners, who arent screwed by this crisis THEN you have hundreds of thousands, taking massive hits to living standards, due to FG lust for rip off prices. Fg thought they would stick around forever? they gave a worker on 34,000 two budget ago, around a one euro a week in usc reduction. Absolute comedy here if people cant see whats happening.

FG haven't delivered on any of the promises they made in the last 2 elections.

Not a single one..

Yet they're still here.. (just about)

What makes you think it would be any different for SF ?

They have over delivered on job creation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/fine-gael-promises-to-create-100-000-jobs-1.573048?mode=amp

They have gone from 70+ seats down to 35.

SF will get a bigger hammering IMO.

I agree, they wouldnt cut staff. The SF vote was primarly a backlash against the criminal housing situation FFG are presiding over. Actually throw in insurance, health, infrastructure etc, the black and tans commemoration etc :rolleyes: They need a boot in the h*le to do something about it or dont and deal with the fall out again in a few years...

I cant wait to see this upcoming budget, I keep coming back to welfare because, if like you say, non of them will sort out any of the services, the over pay, the wasters in it, the practices etc. Where does all the money keep coming from, to feed the waste, the black holes etc and then solve the issues here, that need addressing. I'll start with a simple one, a proper and significant site value tax is needed years ago, that is a start!

What cuts would you make in welfare?

20.9billon overall.

8.21 billion goes in pensions.
    2.1bilion child benefit
    4.5 billion on illness benefits and carers.

You can see the rest here.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/fine-gael-promises-to-create-100-000-jobs-1.573048%3fmode=amp

SF campaigned to increase all these benefits btw.

To be honest I agree with them that carers should get more. They are saving the country a fortune in reality. We haven't enough places in nursing homes or care homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,060 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

road_high wrote: »

Show them up as being capable of crashing the economy doing generational damage? Capable of sitting back and cheerleading that crash?

Capable of ****ing up health and housing so dramatically that people will vote for almost anybody else instead of them? Capable of sitting back in C&S and watch the other ****ing up health and housing?

Show them up as being capable of crashing the economy doing generational damage? Capable of sitting back and cheerleading that crash?

Capable of ****ing up health and housing so dramatically that people will vote for almost anybody else instead of them? Capable of sitting back in C&S and watch the other ****ing up health and housing?

They tell us how great FG are yet all they can do to defend them is to say 'dem others would be worse' allegedly. That's some C.V.

FG and FF don't have a majority.

SF and the rest have run away from power. They have 87 seats. More than enough.

FG and FF don't have a majority.

SF and the rest have run away from power. They have 87 seats. More than enough.

So FF/FG are helpless and SF by trying but so far failing to get pretty much everyone else to sign up to a coalition, are running away? Do you even swallow your own swill?
    What of FF/FG going to have more talks, after the Paddy's state jaunts, because of the urgency of COVID19?
    Do you think they are sincere and that the virus is why FG are deciding, seemingly, to try form a government? And if so, should they be going on state junkets rather than trying to form this bastard of a government?

Bowie wrote: »
    So FF/FG are helpless and SF by trying but so far failing to get pretty much everyone else to sign up to a coalition, are running away? Do you even swallow your own swill?
    What of FF/FG going to have more talks, after the Paddy's state jaunts, because of the urgency of COVID19?
    Do you think they are sincere and that the virus is why FG are deciding, seemingly, to try form a government? And if so, should they be going on state junkets rather than trying to form this bastard of a government?

FG only have 35 seats.

All the other 125 stood on a platform to get FG out. Yet they can't manage to form a government without FG. Pathetic. Terrified of responsibility.

FG only have 35 seats.

All the other 125 stood on a platform to get FG out. Yet they can't manage to form a government without FG. Pathetic. Terrified of responsibility.

Every party bar FG stood on a platform to get FG out.
    You are not talking sense just FG bluster.
    This thread is about the outgoing governing party relishing going into opposition to watch the sh*t hit the fan with the shinners or whom ever in. FG are hypocrites with bad manners and zero class going by the names some of their followers call the electorate.
    I expect they'll eventually go in with FF after the Paddy's day holliers. It's unfortunate we didn't see more of a swing away from FF/FG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,247 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    They tell us how great FG are yet all they can do to defend them is to say 'dem others would be worse' allegedly. That's some C.V.

There is many a Spurs supporter (voter) out there wondering why they got rid of Pochettino (FG) for Mourinho (SF).

He turned out to be all mouth too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement