Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options
1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    How do we quarantine people from the North?

Again, how do we quarantine people from the North?

Was speaking on Leo's waffle.
    You'll infer something on my behalf and cite it at a later date no doubt.
    Depends on how N.I. treat the U K.. Are they making people quarantine upon arrival?

Yes, because the rest of the world is having a great time of it economically as well.

Listen to yourself, a self-proclaimed Irish Republican licking your lips at the thought of more economic damage and suffering so your 'team' can win some more votes. Pathetic really but not unsurprising.

Do you honestly think we would be in a different place economically if her majesty MLMD would be Taoiseach now? If you think that, then I have some PPE gear to sell you via Bitcoin.

He's rightly pointing out FF/FG won't have the luxury of people leaving to make their numbers improve.
    You are inferring things of your own making and getting irate about them, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

As I told you in another thread a UI isn't economically viable now.

300 billion in debt by 2025.

Deficit of 30 billion for 2020. It will take 10 years to close it.

€30 billion deficit at least for 2020.... and we will have the SF supporters on here decrying the 'harsh' measures of this government, even though that deficit has largely been spent to support people locked of their work and jobs...

I can hear the cavalry coming, sound the horn.
    We can play FG bingo again.

"Dinny"
    "Tory"
    "Quango"
    "Lowery"
    "Nama"
    "West Brit"
    "Thatcherite"

Bonus points if you bring up Leo's sexuality (a weird favourite for some).

Its like soundbite politics for people who lack the intelligence for anything more than ludo and tinnies in the park.
    All in the name of debate of course, but we all know the same half dozen posters continuously argue in bad faith time and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,888 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

And?

Do you think it's better then we imagine or worse or about the same?

Is there something inherently wrong with his statement that the economic figures and forecasts will be worse than originally thought?

Or because its Leo, you just want to argue?

Well, he was at the wheel. I would expect him not to be surprised and on top of what it was costing....that too much to expect?

Is it because it's Leo getting scrutiny on a FG thread that you are getting defensive?

€30 billion deficit at least for 2020.... and we will have the SF supporters on here decrying the 'harsh' measures of this government, even though that deficit has largely been spent to support people locked of their work and jobs...

I can hear the cavalry coming, sound the horn.
    We can play FG bingo again.

"Dinny"
    "Tory"
    "Quango"
    "Lowery"
    "Nama"
    "West Brit"
    "Thatcherite"

Bonus points if you bring up Leo's sexuality (a weird favourite for some).

Its like soundbite politics for people who lack the intelligence for anything more than ludo and tinnies in the park.
    All in the name of debate of course, but we all know the same half dozen posters continuously argue in bad faith time and again.

The only person to draw attention to 'Leo's sexuality' is you...again. Positively weird carry on.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Was speaking on Leo's waffle.
    You'll infer something on my behalf and cite it at a later date no doubt.
    Depends on how N.I. treat the U K.. Are they making people quarantine upon arrival?

NI treat the UK as Cork would treat someone from Kerry.
    So again, how do we quarantine people from the North....
    Oh, we can't? Right, moving on.

*Penny Drops*

Next time you make a simplistic banal statement think it through.

Hint for you there.
    How LV waffles and how we've workers paying tax in Poland and here in meat processing hot spots expected to purchase their own PPE is more current and important on this thread IMO.

Well, he was at the wheel. I would expect him not to be surprised and on top of what it was costing....that too much to expect?

Is it because it's Leo getting scrutiny on a FG thread that you are getting defensive?

You mean he should have forecasted the amount of money spent for 2020 say back in March or April?
    Do you want him to come up with the lottery numbers as well for Wednesday?

Another dishonest debate from you Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Won’t bother those lads Land, if in the unlikely event that they get their way they won’t worry about cost, means nothing to to those lads land.

NI treat the UK as Cork would treat someone from Kerry.
    So again, how do we quarantine people from the North....
    Oh, we can't? Right, moving on.

*Penny Drops*

Next time you make a simplistic banal statement think it through.

Quote me. What statement? I see a question. You continually make stuff up and run away when called out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

So he should have known in March and April how long the pandemic would last and therefore how much it would cost? That’s absurd. Nobody anywhere knew the answer to that, and blaming the government for not knowing it is childish at best.

tobsey wrote: »
    So he should have known in March and April how long the pandemic would last and therefore how much it would cost? That’s absurd. Nobody anywhere knew the answer to that, and blaming the government for not knowing it is childish at best.

Inferring a comment you made up and then railing against it is what, at best?

Quote me. What statement? I see a question. You continually make stuff up and run away when called out.

You have continuously tried to undermine government policies during this pandemic when the advice comes from NPHET which leads one to believe you are actually anti-science as the government is making decisions based on the best scientific advice available.

What is your scientific basis to make those contributions? Willy Wonka?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Again all the parties have failed miserably in my book. Its 2007-2008 all over again. Ok this time it's a pandemic but the problem is the same. We have been spending too much and not planned for the rainy day.

Public spending
    2016-75billion
    2017-77billion
    2018-82billion
    2019-87billion

Yet not one party or TD questioned our rapid increase in spending.
    All opposition parties wanted to spend more.

You mean he should have forecasted the amount of money spent for 2020 say back in March or April?
    Do you want him to come up with the lottery numbers as well for Wednesday?

Another dishonest debate from you Francie.

Curiously, he is claiming that his 'surprise' is because he thought this would last 3 months or a quarter.
    Who advised him of that? I never heard any expert advice saying that. Did you?

Looks like it was Leo and the government who were treating the virus like a lottery.

Same answer as previous...This government claimed it was following 'expert advice'...what expert said the virus was likely to only last for '3 months or a quarter'?

Inferring a comment you made up and then railing against it is what, at best?

Francie said Leo was at the wheel and should have known what it would cost and wouldn’t be surprised by the amounts. As someone else above said does Francis want the lotto numbers from him as well?

What does “inferring a comment you made up” even mean?

Same answer as previous...This government claimed it was following 'expert advice'...what expert said the virus was likely to only last for '3 months or a quarter'?

What expert said it would last longer? They had no idea, and nobody else did either.

Edit: and nobody expected the virus would only 3 months, but they hoped the lockdowns and other measures would have been eased further in 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You have continuously tried to undermine government policies during this pandemic when the advice comes from NPHET which leads one to believe you are actually anti-science as the government is making decisions based on the best scientific advice available.

And he will continue to try to blame FG for everything that happens over the next few months.

No scientific basis, just using an opportunity to have a cut while trying to protect the ‘do nothing brigade’ whose only answer to everything is the ‘magic money tree’

Most sensible people can see through their auld waffle.

I wouldn’t pay too much heed...... uhmmm

Curiously, he is claiming that his 'surprise' is because he thought this would last 3 months or a quarter.
    Who advised him of that? I never heard any expert advice saying that. Did you?

Looks like it was Leo and the government who were treating the virus like a lottery.

Nice try Francie again you miss the boat.

Of course, you know that this is a developing situation all the time, and will probably be with us now until far into 2021.

I am sure the guys in SF HQ in West Belfast had excellent modelling tellings us all exactly how this would play out for the entire world. I guess they swapped their guns and semtex for some supercomputers and a few PHD's.

• Advertisement

Post one example of that. Just one.

You are arguing with you own imagination.

What expert said it would last longer? They had no idea, and nobody else did either.

Edit: and nobody expected the virus would only 3 months, but they hoped the lockdowns and other measures would have been eased further in 3 months.

The WHO chief 'expert' enough for you?

He was saying in April that:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/12/who-says-coronavirus-will-stalk-the-human-race-for-a-long-time-to-come.html

Post one example of that. Just one.

You are arguing with you own imagination.

You 'questioning' why pubs are closed but schools are re-opening...
    You raised that beauty quite a few times, but you still persisted down the Alex Jones rabbit hole.

You 'questioning' why pubs are closed but schools are re-opening...
    You raised that beauty quite a few times, but you still persisted down the Alex Jones rabbit hole.

Completely made up.
    I asked a question because I see issues with social distancing with both.
    You are telling lies. Quote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

And he will continue to try to blame FG for everything that happens over the next few months.

No scientific basis, just using an opportunity to have a cut while trying to protect the ‘do nothing brigade’ whose only answer to everything is the ‘magic money tree’

Most sensible people can see through their auld waffle.

I wouldn’t pay too much heed...... uhmmm

We'll need the magic money tree alright with the like of FG pal Larry Goodman. Workers not even paying PAYE in this country.

https://twitter.com/nwl88444048/status/1292715366595153922?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    We'll need the magic money tree alright with the like of FG pal Larry Goodman. Workers not even paying PAYE in this country.

https://twitter.com/nwl88444048/status/1292715366595153922?s=19

People on welfare getting an extra fiver at Christmas is why we've no money for anything don't ya know.
    It's odd the way not one of the fiscally conservative are giving out about this, or is it?

People on welfare getting an extra fiver at Christmas is why we've no money for anything don't ya know.
    It's odd the way not one of the fiscally conservative are giving out about this, or is it?
    Wonder what the briefing will be on this one: 'We can't be asking them to pay tax here, they'd just take all the cows and slaughter them in another country'?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,485 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Any chance you would post genuinely?

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/christmas_bonus.html

"The Christmas Bonus is 100% of your normal weekly social welfare payment"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wonder what the briefing will be on this one: 'We can't be asking them to pay tax here, they'd just take all the cows and slaughter them in another country'?

"The fields will be left empty and fall into disrepair!" In all seriousness is there any advantage at all for this set up in Ireland? Costing us untold amounts through pollution and now spreading the pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement