Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Every party bar FG stood on a platform to get FG out.

At last we agree on something. Now will those 125 TDs get on with the business of forming a government - this country needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Every party bar FG stood on a platform to get FG out.
    You are not talking sense just FG bluster.
    This thread is about the outgoing governing party relishing going into opposition to watch the sh*t hit the fan with the shinners or whom ever in. FG are hypocrites with bad manners and zero class going by the names some of their followers call the electorate.
    I expect they'll eventually go in with FF after the Paddy's day holliers. It's unfortunate we didn't see more of a swing away from FF/FG.

FF said they wanted FG out. Lab SF Greens PBP Sol as well.

Its just a fact.

Now 125 TDs have **** the bed and cant form a government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The only viable government is either FG/FF a.n.other. FG/SF a.n.other or FF/SF a.n.other.
    The bs posted by the usual crew here about the 125 TDs forming a government is just what I said BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The only viable government is either FG/FF a.n.other. FG/SF a.n.other or FF/SF a.n.other.
    The bs posted by the usual crew here about the 125 TDs forming a government is just what I said BS.

And that third option is the one that 125 TDs campaigned for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blanch152 wrote: »
    There is many a Spurs supporter (voter) out there wondering why they got rid of Pochettino (FG) for Mourinho (SF).

He turned out to be all mouth too.

For the love of....

eek7.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Funny I don't remember the Healy Rae's or Lowry making that their platform, have you links or spouting your usual BS as the resident Green supporter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

FF said they wanted FG out. Lab SF Greens PBP Sol as well.

Its just a fact.

Now 125 TDs have **** the bed and cant form a government.

Do you think wanting to win a seat is all any coalition partners need have in common? I know you don't, just giving you the paint and showing you the corner.
    FG are the only party relishing opposition. It's the political equivalent of 'taking your ball and going home' ffs :)

Do you think wanting to win a seat is all any coalition partners need have in common? I know you don't, just wanting to see the flavour of you chatter.
    FG are the only party relishing opposition. It's the political equivalent of 'taking your ball and going home' ffs :)

They all wanted FG out. They all said so during the campaign.

FF FG is off the table now. SD wont back it.

Today the Greens said they wont back it. They want a national government.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Do you think wanting to win a seat is all any coalition partners need have in common? I know you don't, just giving you the paint and showing you the corner.

Labour have also stated they will go into opposition.

The SDs refuse to go in with with FF or FG and the numbers aren't there for anything else so they are essentially relishing opposition

PBP etc likewise

The SDs refuse to go in with with FF or FG and the numbers aren't there for anything else so they are essentially relishing opposition

PBP etc likewise

Dont worry. If FG somehow end up back in government they will be accused of clinging to power by the same people who now say they are desperate to go info opposition.

• Advertisement

PBP etc likewise

There's a big difference between the numbers not working out, political differences and FG relishing opposition from the get go.
    Dont worry. If FG somehow end up back in government they will be accused of clinging to power by the same people who now say they are desperate to go info opposition.

Leo Varadkar. That's who I heard it off.

There's a big difference between the numbers not working out, political differences and FG relishing opposition from the get go.

Leo Varadkar. That's who I heard it off.

He also said they would go into government if the other 125 TDs continue to run away.

He also said they would go into government if the other 125 TDs continue to run away.

Link?

And by runaway you mean try form a coalition and continue to do so?

FG are the only party to run away.

Link?

And by runaway you mean try form a coalition and continue to do so?

FG are the only party to run away.

FG haven't run away. They have started talks with FF as a last resort.

Sinn Fein gave up after two days trying to form a government of the left.

Leo Varadkar openly stated that he relished going into opposition from day one. Even after initial talks with FF he reaffirmed FG were looking forward to opposition.
    .......now FG are talking to FF under the guise of the COVID19 being the reason.
    If their, (FF/FG) tenure over our current crises is any gauge, no ta.

That's not true of SF nor any other party.

Leo Varadkar openly stated that he relished going into opposition from day one. Even after initial talks with FF he reaffirmed FG were looking forward to opposition.
    .......now FG are talking to FF under the guise of the COVID19 being the reason.
    If their, (FF/FG) tenure over our current crises is any gauge, no ta.

That's not true of SF nor any other party.

FG said all along they would go into government as a last resort.

After the election:

https://www.newstalk.com/news/varadkar-fine-gael-will-enter-government-last-resort-968448

But it looks like even FF FG don't have the numbers.

SD won't deal with them.
    Greens won't deal with them.
    Obviously PBP Sol or whatever they call themselves these days won't deal either.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1237787823752740870

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

FG only have 35 seats.

All the other 125 stood on a platform to get FG out. Yet they can't manage to form a government without FG. Pathetic. Terrified of responsibility.

It’s gone beyond a joke now. FG or FF could be cut down to 20’seats and the useless good-for-nothing’s in SF and co would still be behind their megaphones expecting them to form a government. If we had any sort of critical media they’d be tearing MLM apart for sheer utter laziness and ineptitude at not forming a government out of the majority change that they all got into the Dáil on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The WHO have declared a global pandemic today. All this **** assing needs to stop. Varadkar needs to immediately come back from the USA, a government needs to be put together by the end of this week at the latest, the Dail needs to meet and pass emergency legislation to invoke emergency powers before it`s too late.

FG said all along they would go into government as a last resort.

After the election:

https://www.newstalk.com/news/varadkar-fine-gael-will-enter-government-last-resort-968448

But it looks like even FF FG don't have the numbers.

SD won't deal with them.
    Greens won't deal with them.
    Obviously PBP Sol or whatever they call themselves these days won't deal either.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1237787823752740870

Even if true, how does it feel to vote for a party were the leader says he's relishing being in opposition, a hurler from the ditch, but might go in as a last resort? I'd be pretty pissed.

The only possible good outcome from a FF/FG coalition of sorts could be more of a swing away from them in the following election. Ideally some grand coalition not involving either of them would be preferable.
    I'd say there's enough might be bribed to take a role off FF/FG.

WHO have declard a global pandemic today. All this **** assing needs to stop A government needs to be put together by the end of this week the Dail to meet and pass emegencylegislat befoe it

We have the mechanics in place for any such moves. No point in getting a pair of corporate arsehats in just to stamp it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Even if true, how does it feel to vote for a party were the leader says he's relishing being in opposition, a hurler from the ditch, but might go in as a last resort? I'd be pretty pissed

Bullsh1t. You are a SF supporter. They have never been in power and have no intention of ever going in. By your logic you must be absolutely raging at the fish wife and her cronies

An illustration of the useless negotiator MLM is. She’s very lazy, lacks any sense of political responsibility or humility, and if her carry on post election has been any measure, she’d easily be one of the worst taoisigh this state would have ever witnessed. The fact she folds like cheap tinfoil before she even got started (government formation talks which she more or less self isolated herself from) should be all anyone needs to know about what she’d be like as Taoiseach

Even if true, how does it feel to vote for a party were the leader says he's relishing being in opposition, a hurler from the ditch, but might go in as a last resort? I'd be pretty pissed.

The only possible good outcome from a FF/FG coalition of sorts could be more of a swing away from them in the following election. Ideally some grand coalition not involving either of them would be preferable.
    I'd say there's enough might be bribed to take a role off FF/FG.

I don't support Fine Gael. They have increased public spending by 13 billion since 2016 when it should have been left at the same level or reduced.

SF have said on numerous occasions they wanted to stay in opposition.

The WHO have declared a global pandemic today. All this **** assing needs to stop. Varadkar needs to immediately come back from the USA, a government needs to be put together by the end of this week at the latest, the Dail needs to meet and pass emergency legislation to invoke emergency powers before it`s too late.

Leo hasn't the numbers.

The Greens pulled the plug today on that option.
    SD and the others have already said they won't back FG FF.

There is no obvious government any time soon.

Too much like hard work. They’re delighted FG and FF are talking. Gets them off the hook and they can all resume normal service attacking and whinging about them for another blast and hide away from the voters that elected them to “change”

Leo hasn't the numbers.

The Greens pulled the plug today on that option.
    SD and the others have already said they won't back FG FF.

There is no obvious government any time soon.

It’s beyond me so what all these TDs outside of FG or FF are actually doing in Dáil Éireann? Is it to oppose a non existent government for the next 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

road_high wrote: »
    It’s beyond me so what all these TDs outside of FG or FF are actually doing in Dáil Éireann? Is it to oppose a non existent government for the next 5 years?

To collect a pay check and some seriously tasty expenses

I don't support Fine Gael. They have increased public spending by 13 billion since 2016 when it should have been left at the same level or reduced.

FG were far too left wing in the past few terms, pandering to the welfare free money brigade who never ever vote for them but gladly lap up the extra public spending we could afford thanks to a stronger economy. Basic Welfare should have been held at current levels and frivolous wasteful non sense like Xmas bonuses abolished for all bar OAPs and Disability allowance. Funding targets towards tangible infrastructure that we badly need

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Are the Greens out or are they sniffing for more?

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    An illustration of the useless negotiator MLM is. She’s very lazy, lacks any sense of political responsibility or humility, and if her carry on post election has been any measure, she’d easily be one of the worst taoisigh this state would have ever witnessed. The fact she folds like cheap tinfoil before she even got started (government formation talks which she more or less self isolated herself from) should be all anyone needs to know about what she’d be like as Taoiseach

Beat Varadkar in the election though.
    The only well worn tinfoil hat is firmly fixed on FG's head were anyone didn't vote for them is a 'waster' as you put it. These are the same 'wasters' likely voted FG or FF in the past.

You keep bring up SF, I'm just responding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement