Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yurt! wrote: »
    Did you even read the manifestos of the parties?

FG's was a tax cut bonanza that would undermine our ability to pay for public services. It was a Bertie-style cowboy manifesto.

Fiscally responsible my backside. That's just marketing guff.

It'll take FG/FF a long time to realise the aul' standards are becoming outdated. 'Better the devil you know', 'best of a bad lot' as pathetic as it was did get them over the top. It's just not the case anymore.
    FF relied on people being sick of FG. Any viable third option means FF/FG are judged on their character and quality, which is lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What makes you think any government would refuse to heed the advice of the public health expert committee?

Because Mary-Lou panicked and went into self-isolation against that advice when one of her kids had to stay home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Because Mary-Lou panicked and went into self-isolation against that advice when one of her kids had to stay home.

You are coming off desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Did you even read the manifestos of the parties?

FG's was a tax cut bonanza that would undermine our ability to pay for public services. It was a Bertie-style cowboy manifesto.

Fiscally responsible my backside. That's just marketing guff.

yeah ok Yurt, but they all plan on wasting billions more on welfare too. Fcuking idiocy of the highest order!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This crisis illustrates clearly why you need a sound, grounded government team of leaders alongside a strong economy returning a surplus. The insanity of having SF anywhere near government must be clear as day from anyone thinking logically. Just look at the mixed messages and indecisive dithering from Michelle O’Neill. Replicate that across a whole cabinet and you’d be close to what we’d looking at right now

• Advertisement

Jizique wrote: »
    It’s almost a pity that SF didn’t form a govt and have to face the Covid challenge; that might soften their cough; much easier to sit and snipe

Indeed we’d have the benefit of them crashing and burning which would be a very good thing long term but disasterous for the country. So much better they’re not anywhere near power if MONs musings are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Simon Coveney and Heather Humphreys have played a blinder in the past few days.

This has gone beyond party politics at this stage though. The formation of a national government might be a good idea. An all-party government. There will be extraordinary decisions to be made in the coming weeks, and once this is all over. Small business will be devastated, and there will have to be significant cuts made to social welfare payments to pay for health care and education.

It's time for our public reps to stand together and represent the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Simon Coveney and Heather Humphreys have played a blinder in the past few days.

This has gone beyond party politics at this stage though. The formation of a national government might be a good idea. An all-party government. There will be extraordinary decisions to be made in the coming weeks, and once this is all over. Small business will be devastated, and there will have to be significant cuts made to social welfare payments to pay for health care and education.

It's time for our public reps to stand together and represent the Republic.

If you cared so much perhaps you shouldn't be on the rip in Cheltenham with your horsey Brosephs. There'll be plenty of nasty surprises coming back on your Ryanair flights that will be making the situation here all the more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

If you cared so much perhaps you shouldn't be on the rip in Cheltenham with your horsey Brosephs. There'll be plenty of nasty surprises coming back on your Ryanair flights that will be making the situation here all the more difficult.

Have to agree for once with you here Yurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

road_high wrote: »
    This crisis illustrates clearly why you need a sound, grounded government team of leaders alongside a strong economy returning a surplus. The insanity of having SF anywhere near government must be clear as day from anyone thinking logically. Just look at the mixed messages and indecisive dithering from Michelle O’Neill. Replicate that across a whole cabinet and you’d be close to what we’d looking at right now

Not to mention the unwillingness of the anti-vax wing of the movement to listen to advice from healthcare professionals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,283 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Something like cancelling a match and then allowing plane loads of people to descend on the capital from the infected country?

That kind of decisive leadership?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Jizique wrote: »
    Not to mention the unwillingness of the anti-vax wing of the movement to listen to advice from healthcare professionals

Should be jail terms for those spreading anti Vax message

The country is already riddled with Covid-19. Thousands of cases, and thousands flying in from Britain to Ireland each day. Cheltenham won’t have made a blind bit of difference. That said; I’ve decided to head to Scotland to spend time with my adult son.

Not sure what this has to do with FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The country is already riddled with Covid-19. Thousands of cases, and thousands flying in from Britain to Ireland each day. Cheltenham won’t have made a blind bit of difference. That said; I’ve decided to head to Scotland to spend time with my adult son.

Not sure what this has to do with FG.

Yeah shur why don't we all just fly to Lombardy and start licking people in the face altogether?

You lot should all be brought to Portlaoise in a fleet of paddywagons to do your quarantine there.

Nothing to do with FG, although if I was being cheeky, I'd make a gag that true blues would be over-represented on the flights back into Dublin Airport. Patriots one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Lowest trolley numbers in years.

This has weeded out the drunks and idiots turning up with a cold wanting to be wrapped in cotton wool.

This whole episode makes me realise even more Irish people are self centred morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Something like cancelling a match and then allowing plane loads of people to descend on the capital from the infected country?

That kind of decisive leadership?

Just like banning the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Belfast only after they were banned down South, or only calling to close schools in the North after they were closed in the South.

We are getting a real clear picture of what Sinn Fein in government means - no decisions until someone tells us what to do.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Just like banning the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Belfast only after they were banned down South, or only calling to close schools in the North after they were closed in the South.

We are getting a real clear picture of what Sinn Fein in government means - no decisions until someone tells us what to do.

They weren't 'banned' blanch, they were cancelled. Stop living out your fantasies on boards! ;) And evict them Shinners from your head...at least one metre separation!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Lowest trolley numbers in years.

This has weeded out the drunks and idiots turning up with a cold wanting to be wrapped in cotton wool.

This whole episode makes me realise even more Irish people are self centred morons.

charge them all a hundred euro minimum to visit, would quickly weed out all the time wasters :rolleyes:

It's time for a national Government.

FG cannot be expected to be the only party of leadership during this extraordinary crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

FG cannot be expected to be the only party of leadership during this extraordinary crisis.

And how would that work, J?

FF/FF/Lab/Greens/SocDems all working together with a few independents, of course, while Sinn Fein, with a few other cranks, do what they do best and “criticise” the leadership?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

FF/FF/Lab/Greens/SocDems all working together with a few independents, of course, while Sinn Fein, with a few other cranks, do what they do best and “criticise” the leadership?

I'm debating whether or not to have a spice burger coming home from the local. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I'm debating whether or not to have a spice burger coming home from the local. What do you think?

Honestly, B, I was never a fan of them. Actually thought they were a type of “veggie” burger for years.

I’d be a “quarter pounder” man, myself. No cheese, lots of tomato sauce.

At this time of night, it’s all about the chips really. Loads of salt and vinegar, enough that you catch a fit of coughing if you breathe too close to the bag.

Enjoy your meal, I’ll respect your “choice” whichever way you go.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Seeing the ineptness of FG, one would assume that he is looking at including all parties, so they can share the blame.

Leo off touring America but 'simon and heather have been playing a blinder'.
    To me, that is saying what has been said by many here a load of times already, including me, wtf is the leader doing to that party?
    The attempt to put down or blame SF now, is boring, tiresome and would severely backfire on FG if that was somewhere that they wanted to go.

It is a matter of national crisis at the minute, and a national government may be a good thing for dealing with this. Leo p*ssing off when talks were on and during this now pandemic surely shows, even to the most die-hard FG voters that he needs to step down as leader. Ministers in up North not getting advance notice about his schools closure notice yesterday, expresses it more. We are an Island. Like it or not Leo, if you want something to work, you will need to collaborate.

There is plenty more to be said here, but get this sh*t sorted is the most important.

On a side note Johnny, wasn't it you that said on more than one occasion MLM had a voice like a foghorn, and here you are singing Heather Humphries praises....
    Love truly is blind (apparently it's also very deaf).

Honestly, B, I was never a fan of them. Actually thought they were a type of “veggie” burger for years.

I’d be a “quarter pounder” man, myself. No cheese, lots of tomato sauce.

At this time of night, it’s all about the chips really. Loads of salt and vinegar, enough that you catch a fit of coughing if you breathe too close to the bag.

Enjoy your meal, I’ll respect your “choice” whichever way you go.

Raw or cooked onion is where many men of integrity end up falling out.

You'd have lads swearing about the burgers outside Anfield or Old Trafford with the huge slices of raw onions on the burger.

Then there's the sort that prefer fried onions in their burger. I'd be in that camp. A moderate.

Some lunatics ask for no onions on their burger. I'm not asking for a McCarthy trial for these sorts, but what the suffering Jesus is going on with them?

No way just let them continue. Last thing the country needs is a bunch of dithering amateurs sticking their two cents in at this time. The rest can step back and do nothing as per normal service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Suckit wrote: »
    Seeing the ineptness of FG, one would assume that he is looking at including all parties, so they can share the blame.

Leo off touring America but 'simon and heather have been playing a blinder'.
    To me, that is saying what has been said by many here a load of times already, including me, wtf is the leader doing to that party?
    The attempt to put down or blame SF now, is boring, tiresome and would severely backfire on FG if that was somewhere that they wanted to go.

It is a matter of national crisis at the minute, and a national government may be a good thing for dealing with this. Leo p*ssing off when talks were on and during this now pandemic surely shows, even to the most die-hard FG voters that he needs to step down as leader. Ministers in up North not getting advance notice about his schools closure notice yesterday, expresses it more. We are an Island. Like it or not Leo, if you want something to work, you will need to collaborate.

There is plenty more to be said here, but get this sh*t sorted is the most important.

On a side note Johnny, wasn't it you that said on more than one occasion MLM had a voice like a foghorn, and here you are singing Heather Humphries praises....
    Love truly is blind (apparently it's also very deaf).

Leo and Mary Loo both taking a similar line in this crises. Running a mile. May be they should join forces!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Raw or cooked onion is where many men of integrity end up falling out.

You'd have lads swearing about the burgers outside Anfield or Old Trafford with the huge slices of raw onions on the burger.

Then there's the sort that prefer fried onions in their burger. I'd be in that camp. A moderate.

Some lunatics ask for no onions on their burger. I'm not asking for a McCarthy trial for these sorts, but what the suffering Jesus is going on with them?

Has to be raw onion. No compromise

No way just let them continue. Last thing the country needs is a bunch of dithering amateurs sticking their two cents in at this time. The rest can step back and do nothing as per normal service

Jesus, are you being sarcastic or oblivious to the f**k up after f**k up by this very government while in office?

Jesus, are you being sarcastic or oblivious to the f**k up after f**k up by this very government while in office?

I’m referring as you know to Sinn fein in government in the north with their pathetic flip flopping. Last thing we need is the mirror image of that carry on down South as well.
    Wonder what their considerable anti vaxxer wing think of the whole thing and what would be their response?

• Advertisement

I’m referring as you know to Sinn fein in government in the north with their pathetic flip flopping. Last thing we need is the mirror image of that carry on down South as well.
    Wonder what their considerable anti vaxxer wing think of the whole thing and what would be their response?

They are in a partnership in the north with a party that is diametrically opposed to them.

A bit like if the Greens went into government and were actual Greens and didn't capitulate just for a go of the comfy seats.

'Considerable' anti vaxer'?

You do like to exaggerate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement