Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

road_high wrote: »
    FG were far too left wing in the past few terms, pandering to the welfare free money brigade who never ever vote for them but gladly lap up the extra public spending we could afford thanks to a stronger economy. Basic Welfare should have been held at current levels and frivolous wasteful non sense like Xmas bonuses abolished for all bar OAPs and Disability allowance. Funding targets towards tangible infrastructure that we badly need

How many are in this brigade?
    By pandering do you mean having people like yourself distracted with welfare fraud propaganda while FG uses tax payer money for 25 year leases off vulture funds, hotel bills and allows the NCH overrun?
    You need check your priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Bowie wrote: »
    Beat Varadkar in the election though.
    The only well worn tinfoil hat is firmly fixed on FG's head were anyone didn't vote for them is a 'waster' as you put it. These are the same 'wasters' likely voted FG or FF in the past.

You keep bring up SF, I'm just responding.

Bertie won 3 elections.

Popularity has absolutely no link to ability to govern.

Hope this helps.

Bertie won 3 elections.

Popularity has absolutely no link to ability to govern.

Hope this helps.

More distraction. The poster was commenting on how poor a politician/person he/she feels ML is. I remarked she was good enough to trounce FG.

As borne out by successive FF/FG governments.

That should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

More distraction. The poster was commenting on how poor a politician/person he/she feels ML is. I remarked she was good enough to trounce FG.
    That should help.

Doesn’t matter how many seats SF got. They won’t form a government so they are f@ck all use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Doesn’t matter how many seats SF got. They won’t form a government so they are f@ck all use.

Just on a point of literacy, the word you were looking for is 'can't' won't implies the numbers are there, they're not. Everyone with an ounce of cop on has stated this.

• Advertisement

That should help.

Nope

Im just pointing out that the number of votes you get doesn't reflect you ability to govern. It reflects your popularity.

It's pretty simple really.

Nope

Im just pointing out that the number of votes you get doesn't reflect you ability to govern. It reflects your popularity.

It's pretty simple really.

You would think, right? It actually reflects your support from people who think you are best suited to govern. It's not a Craggy Island Lovely Girls competition.

The sheer arrogance of the FG inclined. If you vote FG, the electorate saw quality and wanted a firm hand. If they vote anyone else it's some protest or wasters being wasters.

You would think, right? It actually reflects your support from people who think you are best suited to govern. It's not a Craggy Island Lovely Girls competition.

The sheer arrogance of the FG inclined. If you vote FG, the electorate saw quality and wanted a firm hand. If they vote anyone else it's some protest or wasters being wasters.

Yet the 125 TDs non FG are terrified of government.

Why is that?

Where FG right with the protest thing?

Seems to me they are proving FG correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That should help.

No, she didn’t “trounce” anyone. Figures and stats are never a SF strength I appreciate that , but She got more or less the same vote and seat tally. In SF land all it takes to be a “good” politician it seems is to stand in front of a megaphone spewing populist slurry but in the real world is the management if the economy and all those things that are a real measure. SF are strangely reticent however to give us that vital opportunity to judge on- I wonder why that must be?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Even if did they form a government (highly unlikely I know, that would involve work) then you would really see “fcuk all” use in action. Like all useless people they know their limitations and are terrified of being found out. We’ve all worked with these types. SF are the political equivalent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ireland getting praised for its response to covid 19 by WHO.

Probably annoying a few of the usual rabble posters here.

Lad in work brother was in same ward with a confirmed case over the weekend in ardkeen.....still hasnt been tested

How the fcuk.can the WHO think this is good?

Lad in work brother was in same ward with a confirmed case over the weekend in ardkeen.....still hasnt been tested

How the fcuk.can the WHO think this is good?

Yeah same story with my budgies mates dog.

Yeah same story with my budgies mates dog.

No hassle yeah,il say to lad in the office tomorrow its ok to not test the obvious cases,

He was in to visit his brother over the weekend,ive sick relatives who i help out with at weekend.....do i help them.or not this weekend???do i get tested before then???....or are yous going to blow pure and utter boll1x about budgies

No hassle yeah,il say to lad in the office tomorrow its ok to not test the obvious cases,

He was in to visit his brother over the weekend,ive sick relatives who i help out with at weekend.....do i help them.or not this weekend???do i get tested before then???....or are yous going to blow pure and utter boll1x about budgies

Ring your gp or go to HSE.ie

Like everyone else is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

FG haven't run away. They have started talks with FF as a last resort.

Sinn Fein gave up after two days trying to form a government of the left.
    It's not a last resort though, is it? By the definition of the sentence.

Meanwhile Varadkar is over in the states wandering around, probably hoping to meet Beyonce. Our very own incompetent Dr. Nick.
    When he should be over here emphasising how serious the coronavirus is.
    Using the 'expertise' of both his chosen professions, anyone would expect at the very least that the current leader of the country, caretaker or otherwise should be here, attending the talks to form a government with other parties, and using his authority to actually get something done, and again, emphasise to people that this is not just another flu.
    But not the incompetent Leo. He put more effort into devising an Irish form of his name than he has into dealing with this on any level.

Never has a more incompetent bunch been at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

Even if did they form a government (highly unlikely I know, that would involve work) then you would really see “fcuk all” use in action. Like all useless people they know their limitations and are terrified of being found out. We’ve all worked with these types. SF are the political equivalent

It’s almost a pity that SF didn’t form a govt and have to face the Covid challenge; that might soften their cough; much easier to sit and snipe

Hilarious to hear somebody quip about a possible future government requiring work involved, considering the current bunch of keystone cops couldn't put together one single attempt at any of their plans without f**king it up royally.
    Bunch of amateurs at best.

They wouldn't know what work was if it bit them in their incompetent lazy asses, let alone hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Thank god Lieo and Sulky Harris were bullied into action.

smurgen wrote: »
    Thank god Lieo and Sulky Harris were bullied into action.

Taking the advice of the experts all along.

Been clear about that.

Yeah bullied alright.

Ughhh the nonsense that is posted here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Quote:
    Originally Posted by road_high View Post
    FG were far too left wing in the past few terms, pandering to the welfare free money brigade who never ever vote for them but gladly lap up the extra public spending we could afford thanks to a stronger economy. Basic Welfare should have been held at current levels and frivolous wasteful non sense like Xmas bonuses abolished for all bar OAPs and Disability allowance. Funding targets towards tangible infrastructure that we badly need

Bowie:
    How many are in this brigade?
    By pandering do you mean having people like yourself distracted with welfare fraud propaganda while FG uses tax payer money for 25 year leases off vulture funds, hotel bills and allows the NCH overrun?
    You need check your priorities.

you are both right and I have said it endlessly, the piss taking here, goes on and the top and the bottom.

Jizique wrote: »
    It’s almost a pity that SF didn’t form a govt and have to face the Covid challenge; that might soften their cough; much easier to sit and snipe

What makes you think any government would refuse to heed the advice of the public health expert committee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

What makes you think any government would refuse to heed the advice of the public health expert committee?

That’s not the change that the average SF voter wants

Jizique wrote: »
    That’s not the change that the average SF voter wants

Try and answer the question and leave aside the stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Suckit wrote: »
    It's not a last resort though, is it? By the definition of the sentence.

Meanwhile Varadkar is over in the states wandering around, probably hoping to meet Beyonce. Our very own incompetent Dr. Nick.
    When he should be over here emphasising how serious the coronavirus is.
    Using the 'expertise' of both his chosen professions, anyone would expect at the very least that the current leader of the country, caretaker or otherwise should be here, attending the talks to form a government with other parties, and using his authority to actually get something done, and again, emphasise to people that this is not just another flu.
    But not the incompetent Leo. He put more effort into devising an Irish form of his name than he has into dealing with this on any level.

Never has a more incompetent bunch been at the helm.

Yet as bad as they are, SF still can’t get it together. It’s hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Its funny seeing the SF types getting so angry at FG still.
    There is a full blown world pandemic declared and the same ol fighting the same ol tired battles as if it actually means something.

Politically, when this blows over in 6 months time and the world is left counting the economic and social cost, id wagger the SF magic money tree economics wont wash with many.

markodaly wrote: »
    There is a full blown world pandemic declared and the same ol fighting the same ol tired battles as if it actually means something.

Politically, when this blows over in 6 months time and the world is left counting the economic and social cost, id wagger the SF magic money tree economics wont wash with many.
    Read over the thread.

It's not just the 'SF types' getting angry. If you read through it properly you will see there are remarks made by probably a few different 'types'.
    Voters of different parties, people that don't like/trust any of them, and the big ass bunch of the incompetent party followers, that whinge every chance they get.
    On and on and on about wanting to see SF in government so that they will fail. Well, they may all have that opportunity. If there is another election called, or even next election, feel free to vote SF, or not vote at all. That way the spaces the incompotent party are taking up, may be filled by people with willingness and ability to do something.
    Any party would be better than the bunch in there at the minute.

Edited to add, it's funny that people keep mentioning the money and the impossibilities to get it, when the reality of it is that the reason many voted change is because the last party couldn't get their heads around the the basic accounts of anything. Not what something should cost, not what it does cost and not how to finish deals on an agreed price, and so much more.
    It seems that they really struggle with every aspect of everything, from the cost of basic living, right up to the more expensive things like government contracts. So they really aren't in any position to be mentioning anything about costs or prices. Maybe that's why Leo mentions bullying so much, and whinges about intimidation when somebody says that they will be organising rallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Odds narrow on Jim O'Callaghan replacing Micheal Martin as Fianna Fail leader.
    Deputy O’Callaghan questioned Mr Martin’s total refusal to enter coalition talks with Sinn Féin.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/odds-narrow-jim-ocallaghan-replacing-21669194

MM has kept Leo in power for 3 years now with that confidence and supply agreement.

Now he is in talks to make it more permanent, and let Leo stay on for a few more years.

What a leader this guy is,, FF must be so proud of him, and FF voters must be happy as Larry and over the moon that their votes are keeping the country safe, and in Leo's safe hands.

P.S. ,, What odds will Paddy Power lay, for MM never to be Taoiseach, and the only FF leader never to make Taoiseach.

Yet the 125 TDs non FG are terrified of government.

Why is that?

Where FG right with the protest thing?

Seems to me they are proving FG correct.

Can you cut the FG spin for 5 minutes? Hard to take you serious.
    Seems to me you are either taking the piss or woefully unfamiliar with politics.
    No, she didn’t “trounce” anyone. Figures and stats are never a SF strength I appreciate that , but She got more or less the same vote and seat tally. In SF land all it takes to be a “good” politician it seems is to stand in front of a megaphone spewing populist slurry but in the real world is the management if the economy and all those things that are a real measure. SF are strangely reticent however to give us that vital opportunity to judge on- I wonder why that must be?

You were talking on how poor she was. Simply pointing out she beat FG/Varadkar.

The truth lads is SF aren't that big a deal. If they disappeared tomorrow it would be the SD's or Labour or someone. Attacking SF is a waste of your time. Look inward lads. Youse won't win this one by insulting the public, it's not Irish Water..oh wait youse tried that there too. Really need revisit the snotty brat tactic boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

markodaly wrote: »

Did you even read the manifestos of the parties?

FG's was a tax cut bonanza that would undermine our ability to pay for public services. It was a Bertie-style cowboy manifesto.

Fiscally responsible my backside. That's just marketing guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement