Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Incoherent.

That's a typical answer there. When you can't engage you say some ah!the like that.

ye all must have amazing arms to be able to move the goalposts so much and deflect even morem

Incoherent.

That's a typical answer there. When you can't engage you say some ah!the like that.

ye all must have amazing arms to be able to move the goalposts so much and deflect even morem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Weepsie wrote: »

I guess you already got the finbot accusation? That’s the normal response the first 10-20 times, anything to deflect from answering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

Runaways wrote: »
    All in the last 12 months. Would any of the usual care to defend any of this?
    How anyone can continue to vote for this party is beyond me

Simon Harris: we’re considering imposing financial penalties on nurses who went on strike

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar :wouldn’t be fair on taxpayers for government to give nurses pay increases.

Weeks later :TDs receive second pay rise of the year bringing salary to €94,535

Wasn't there the first nursing strike in Northern Ireland in over 100 years under SFs watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wasn't there the first nursing strike in Northern Ireland in over 100 years under SFs watch?

Whataboutary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

SF run the NHS now too? Have you any understanding at all how the north is set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

As a matter of interest, who is the current Health/NHS minister in the Northern Ireland assembly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Of course it was a 'forecast'. A 'rise in figures that couldn't be stopped'.

Yet faced with that rise...no major restrictions.

Numbers go nowhere near the forecast = lockdown.
    14 hours after locking odwn all but essential workers...still no list of who is deemed essential. Senior Minister asking for time to come up with such a list. :eek:

Confused? Tune in next week for more.

The 15000 number was forecast if we intoduced no restrictions. We did introduce restrictions and as such won't hit the 15000 figure. Varadker said that "rises cannot be stopped" which is correct. He never said "rises up to 15000 cannot be stopped no matter what we do".
    Keep accusing me of supportin fg all you want, I don't. Never have, never will Or FF.

Shinner heads can't realise that just because you may point out the facts it automatically assumes you support whoever it is you are "defending". It's always an all or nothing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

As a matter of interest, who is the current Health/NHS minister in the Northern Ireland assembly?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/who-are-the-new-ministers-in-the-northern-ireland-executive-1.4137271
    The UUP with sixth choice appointed North Antrim MLA Robin Swann as Minister of Health.

doesnt matter who the minister is - Westminster runs the NHS

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

smurgen wrote: »
    Don't worry, they're looking after the health care workers well now!

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1243888703958892547?s=19

Paddy should stick to party planning and wearing jumpers.

Here's the thing any epidemiologist will tell you......comparing stats and curves across countries is pointless unless the countries are comparable in their demographic and socio-economic factors.

If you think he has anything useful to say, you are sadly mistaken.

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1236234782796910592?s=21

• Advertisement

Yeah, anyone using an opinion of Paddy Cosgrave to support their argument should have given up long ago.

He's still grinding his axe because people didn't bend over backwards to give him a load of stuff for free for his nonsense gathering of the self interested.

He's not missed, Web Summit is not missed and he knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

The NHS in NI IS a devolved power
    Nurses were on strike because Stormont didnt give them their pay rises because it didnt sit for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 67,081 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I made a simple statement about how FG are managing the crisis - quite well but with some lapses and mistakes - and I get along winded reply about your political stance and a bit of a rant about SF, that has nothing in it for me to reply to tbh..

The 15000 number was forecast if we intoduced no restrictions.

I disagree.

but let's say that is what he said. Where is the sense of it?

'We look like we will hit 15,000 lads...lets introduce minor restrictions'.

but, we don't go anywhere near 15,000 and it's:...'lets lock the country down as it has never been locked down before'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yeah, anyone using an opinion of Paddy Cosgrave to support their argument should have given up long ago.

He's still grinding his axe because people didn't bend over backwards to give him a load of stuff for free for his nonsense gathering of the self interested.

So he's lying? Our healthcare workers are not taking a particular hammering? More so than other countries? Stick you finger in your ears.toe the party line.the number will speak the truth.

https://twitter.com/Castletonian/status/1243697698722787329?s=19

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1243961951224463361?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

but, we don't go anywhere near 15,000 and it's:...'lets lock the country down as it has never been locked down before'.

I think you should leave it to people who know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

First Up wrote: »
    I think you should leave it to people who know what they are talking about.
    This site would be empty if we applied that rule. The boozers are closed so where else can people spout ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I made a simple statement about how FG are managing the crisis - quite well but with some lapses and mistakes - and I get along winded reply about your political stance and a bit of a rant about SF, that has nothing in it for me to reply to tbh..

They're not able to handle the least bit of criticism, good at dishing it out though. Still hurting since the election result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Bah, I had a gander but couldn't find it. What post number was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

smurgen wrote: »
    So he's lying? Our healthcare workers are not taking a particular hammering? More so than other countries? Stick you finger in your ears.toe the party line.the number will speak the truth.

https://twitter.com/Castletonian/status/1243697698722787329?s=19

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1243961951224463361?s=19

Basic stats......what are the testing regimes? If you are testing randomly and without a plan those figures are worrying......if testing is focused, following a pre-screening and screening then a high hit rate means tests are not being wasted.

So, if you are going to throw figures around, provide the context for them or else there just so much useless noise.....and there's already too much of that around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Gathering of the self Interested? Is this the web Summit you're referring to? That's still a successful annual event since it's move to Portugal.

Or are you referring to The Gathering when you're talking about the Gathering of the self interested? Leo's spin doctor John Concannon is one of those to thank for The Gathering.

No you didn't, you stated this. And to this I replied.
    The FG style arrogance again. 'It is our way or no way. We cannot be wrong.'

Never gets old!

You opened the door about political stances and have several times accused me of having one that I don't. I'm well within my rights to correct you on that.

You're bluster and deflection, nothing more.

No you didn't, you stated this. And to this I replied.

You opened the door about political stances and have several times accused me of having one that I don't. I'm well within my rights to correct you on that.

You're bluster and deflection, nothing more.

If it smells like a duck...etc etc.

I have no interest who you support or don't support. I saw an arrogant position redolent of FG arrogance and called it out. Happy to withdraw the FG bit if it upset you.

I disagree.

but let's say that is what he said. Where is the sense of it?

'We look like we will hit 15,000 lads...lets introduce minor restrictions'.

Disagree all you want my point is backed up by the article you posted.

The restrictions are brought in step by step, as opposed to an immediate and complete lockdown, as they can only be imposed for so long before they become counter productive (so the argument goes). The aim is slow the spread, and each increase in restrictions slows it that bit more.

Here's a quote from Dr. Tony Holohan from 17th March

"We're not recommending lockdown. It would be very easy to recommend every airport, workplace, every part of society to close. That might reduce the spread of the virus, but it would be a disproportionate response" .

Here's a quote from Dr. Tony Holohan from 17th March

"We're not recommending lockdown. It would be very easy to recommend every airport, workplace, every part of society to close. That might reduce the spread of the virus, but it would be a disproportionate response" .

So faced with the projections showing 15,000 cases - minor restrictions.

Now when the numbers come no where near the projections we have the hardest lockdown ever seen in the state?

There is no shame in admitting you got something wrong and it is a sign of strength to be able to accept advice or that you may have gotten something wrong.

So faced with the projections showing 15,000 cases - minor restrictions.

Now when the numbers come no where near the projections we have the hardest lockdown ever seen in the state?

There is no shame in admitting you got something wrong and it is a sign of strength to be able to accept advice or that you may have gotten something wrong.

I didn't get anything wrong, we still have an increase in cases. We are slowing that even more. I don't think you quite get how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Anyone any information about supplies of Helmet CPAP available to the Irish Hospital system, and whether their use forms any part of the treatment strategy.

Big advantage of CPAP is that it does not require intubation of the cases for which it is inititaily suitable.

It is relatively simple technology so it may be possible to produce and assemble here.

20160524-respiratory.jpg?itok=zo6Bw2lC&timestamp=1464030316

Italians have been adapting French diving masks with 3-D printed fittings.

ISINNOVAjpg-780x470.jpg

One study from Italy showed 30% of admissions needed respiratory support which was met with Helmet CPAP (not face mask CPAP*).
    https://rebelem.com/covid-19-a-powerful-message-from-italy/

Few days ago I read a report somewhere that Italians had found that with CPAP usage a significant number of the hospitalised did not deteriorate to the expected extent and so did not need ICU beds. (didn't link it unfortunately).

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/helmet-based-ventilation-eases-respiratory-distress
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Exhaled+air+dispersion+during+non-invasive+ventilation+via+helmet+masks

Bekker, your post is better suited to the main cornoavirus thread then it is here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058064876&page=499

I didn't get anything wrong,

I was talking about FG.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think there isn't a plan. This is a one day at a time situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Bekker, your post is better suited to the main cornoavirus thread then it is here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058064876&page=499

:eek: Thanks, yes of course it is, was checking something in this one forum 'fore I got called away and didn't check open forum before posting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement