Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

smurgen wrote: »
    English comprehension failure. Facepalm.

you got that right:
    smurgen wrote: »
    Just as cheap isn't the same.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭J_1980

https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/covid-19-finances-we-can-afford-it-but-doubts-would-begin-to-emerge-after-six-months-990153.html

15bn deficit in 2020
    15bn again in 2021??

That’s basically all the free gaffs, welfare spending etc in the SF manifesto.
    And I think these estimates are VERY conservative. The narrow tax base will really bite this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

=
    TheCitizen wrote: »
    But But But it wasn't popular to call for non essential Construction sites to be closed a few days like SF were calling for. No one in the construction sector according to FFG fanboys on here wanted it and SF were being hammered on here for calling for Building site closures. So how does that fit in with your narrative?

March 17th, Leo is expecting 15,000 cases by today = no extra restrictions

Today...nowhere near the amount forecast = extra special restrictions/lockdown.

I think SF and the opposition are being easy on them because it is a crisis.

But it sounds to me that they are playing this by ear and have no real idea what way it is going or have a plan for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

But it sounds to me that they are playing this by ear and have no real idea what way it is going or have a plan for it.
    so very much like all other governments in the world then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

so very much like all other governments in the world then?

How dare they not know how to prevent the spread of a virus no one globally understands.

Typical FG looking after the virus class

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

=

The first set of restrictions saw a slow down. The 30% day on day increase seen elsewhere did not happen after 3 days.

We still have lots of cases but they worked, and they'd have worked better if people actually had some cop.

This was always on the cards, but it is a staged process. If you just shut everything down it brings chaos.

Dessie might have to resort to his old school ways to keep the feral sctotes in around finglas, poppintree etc

If love to see Mary Lou or Pearse try to disagree with the advice of Tony Holohan as they'd be spit out and rightly told to f off

Weepsie wrote: »

If love to see Mary Lou or Pearse try to disagree with the advice of Tony Holohan as they'd be spit out and rightly told to f off

The FG style arrogance again. 'It is our way or no way. We cannot be wrong.'

Never gets old!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

:pac: Way to miss the point. Great deflection.

Where's that video of MM that someone put up on here where he said time and time and time again that he would not go into government with FG?

This video

Here’s Micheál Martin commenting before the election on a coalition between Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael and what he said today (@JoeEDwyer on Twitter)

This is just embarrassing 😳

https://www.facebook.com/158539504310135/posts/1531997106964361/?vh=e&d=n

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭orchard farm

Never gets old!

Its not arrogance its just the truth and its been proven time and time again but convince a fool againest there will....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Runaways wrote: »
    This video

Here’s Micheál Martin commenting before the election on a coalition between Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael and what he said today (@JoeEDwyer on Twitter)

This is just embarrassing ��

https://www.facebook.com/158539504310135/posts/1531997106964361/?vh=e&d=n

:pac: That's the one. Bookmarked.

Micheál actually softened his stance towards a potential coalition involving SF when the figures started coming out and the projections were that FF would be about 7 seats ahead of SF.

Things changed dramatically a day or two later when it turned out there was only one seat between the two and SF had a greater overall share of the vote, that's when Jack Chambers and Jim O'Callaghan came back on the media with the hardline "no deal with SF" spiel. Micheál also returned to his "no deal with SF stance" but u turned on his "No Deal with FG stance". They are so transparent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

=

You're a complete chancer.

The 15000 forecast was if we did not implement restrictions.
    The reduction we are now seeing is a result of the restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

:pac: That's the one. Bookmarked.

Micheál actually softened his stance towards a potential coalition involving SF when the figures started coming out and the projections were that FF would be about 7 seats ahead of SF.

Things changed dramatically a day or two later when it turned out there was only one seat between the two and SF had a greater overall share of the vote, that's when Jack Chambers and Jim O'Callaghan came back on the media with the hardline "no deal with SF" spiel. Micheál also returned to his "no deal with SF stance" but u turned on his "No Deal with FG stance". They are so transparent.

Things changed then Mary Lou went around shooting her mouth off to anyone and everyone that would listen to her

Even when SF had a 5 min call with FF Mary Lou ran out the door and started shooting her mouth off to RTE.....

Look at that and then look at the carry on up the North, nobody in their right mind would touch them.....After that every party made a run for it. FG came out and said they wanted to go into opposition etc etc....

=

Are you dizzy yet? :pac::pac::pac:

Phoebas wrote: »

Ahh you are using correct numbers, reason and comprehension. Something you will find is very rare on here.....especially in a certain group:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Things changed then Mary Lou went around shooting her mouth off to anyone and everyone that would listen to her

Even when SF had a 5 min call with FF Mary Lou ran out the door and started shooting her mouth off to RTE.....

Look at that and then look at the carry on up the North, nobody in their right mind would touch them.....After that every party made a run for it. FG came out and said they wanted to go into opposition etc etc....

Nope. Things changed when the numbers became finalised and the numbers were such that MM would have to probably share the role of Taoiseach with Mary Lou. That is when things changed dramatically.

Now we'll see how things pan out with FG but FF would have been prepared to go into government with SF if SF were a junior partner, when they finished almost neck and neck in terms of seats MM and FF binned the notion of a coalition involving SF.

Phoebas wrote: »

No it wasn't...what a lie.

Varadkar and Holohan agreed that the figures would be 15,000 by month's end and Varadkar clearly said the rise 'could not be stopped'
    Mr Varadkar earlier said the rise in numbers of cases “cannot be stopped” and the Government had moved to secure extra ventilators to preserve life.

Read the article here. You are bull****ting to protect

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-54-new-cases-confirmed-in-ireland-15-000-forecast-by-end-of-march-1.4203961

Varadkar and Holohan agreed that the figures would be 15,000 by month's end and Varadkar clearly said the rise 'could not be stopped'

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-54-new-cases-confirmed-in-ireland-15-000-forecast-by-end-of-march-1.4203961

Did you read the article?

The link and even the heading says “Forcast”

^^^^^

You posting an Irish Republican From Donegal, who is on Twitter

The local village idiot springs to mind looking at that clown

^^^^^

You posting an Irish Republican From Donegal, who is on Twitter

The local village idiot springs to mind looking at that clown

Thought you had left us?
    Again with nothing to say of any substance only pathetic attacks on people you don’t agree with.

Would you ever act your age and not your IQ

• Advertisement

Thought you had left us?
    Again with nothing to say of any substance only pathetic attacks on people you don’t agree with.

Would you ever act your age and not your IQ

Wrong thread, I know you spurting you’re rubbish on all thread in here so it must be confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

The 15000 forecast was based on a 30% day on day increase.
    That was the forecast without preventive measures.

The purpose of the preventive measures was to slow the rise; we all know that we cannot prevent a rise in the numbers getting infected. Varakdar was absolutely not saying that the 15k number by the end of the month was unavoidable - the entire strategy is to avoid it.

You are displaying such a wanton lack of understanding about the basics of this that it must be deliberate.

Wrong thread, I know you spurting you’re rubbish on all thread in here so it must be confusing

Say something useful. Just the once.

It’s clear you’re incapable of being of any use in any discussion.

Petty empty little ****head

Did you read the article?

The link and even the heading says “Forcast”

Of course it was a 'forecast'. A 'rise in figures that couldn't be stopped'.

Yet faced with that rise...no major restrictions.

Numbers go nowhere near the forecast = lockdown.
    14 hours after locking odwn all but essential workers...still no list of who is deemed essential. Senior Minister asking for time to come up with such a list. :eek:

Confused? Tune in next week for more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Never gets old!

Keep accusing me of supportin fg all you want, I don't. Never have, never will Or FF.

I don't agree with an awful lot of their policies (or SFs proposals), however I think the handling of all this is being done as well as anyone could have done.

If be for a proper left alternative, not some make up version that SF have adopted because it suits them at present.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but SF wouldn't have been shutting down flights, borders etc, and may have done things exactly the same bit we don't know.

They'll say in a few months time they were calling for all the toughest measures but they weren't.

I think them staying quiet at first was a little acknowledgement that this thing take precedence over all else and just let it be dealt with. Then that moron in Blanch shot his mouth off and the ludicrous spiel started spilling out from SF.

They were better off saying nothing, and should've made a statement along the lines of

"No time for party politics etc, all in this together, anyway we can help and advise , we are more than happy to do so"

Leo and Simon Harris have no choice but to carry on in their positions. The election arguably couldn't have come at a worse time.

mehole trying to scramble together a government whole this was being dealt with too just smacked of misplaced opportunism

People can talk about the fg spin machine, but the SF one is as much in play and at present, given the current, unprecedented crisis we are all in, is a dangerous and needless one to be running.

SF ultimately want a united Ireland. That's their end game. But theyre very much at odds with what about 70% of people actually support.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Keep accusing me of supportin fg all you want, I don't. Never have, never will Or FF.

I don't agree with an awful lot of their policies (or SFs proposals), however I think the handling of all this is being done as well as anyone could have done.

If be for a proper left alternative, not some make up version that SF have adopted because it suits them at present.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but SF wouldn't have been shutting down flights, borders etc, and may have done things exactly the same bit we don't know.

They'll say in a few months time they were calling for all the toughest measures but they weren't.

I think them staying quiet at first was a little acknowledgement that this thing take precedence over all else and just let it be dealt with. Then that moron in Blanch shot his mouth off and the ludicrous spiel started spilling out from SF.

They were better off saying nothing, and should've made a statement along the lines of

"No time for party politics etc, all in this together, anyway we can help and advise , we are more than happy to do so"

Leo and Simon Harris have no choice but to carry on in their positions. The election arguably couldn't have come at a worse time.

mehole trying to scramble together a government whole this was being dealt with too just smacked of misplaced opportunism

People can talk about the fg spin machine, but the SF one is as much in play and at present, given the current, unprecedented crisis we are all in, is a dangerous and needless one to be running.

SF ultimately want a united Ireland. That's their end game. But theyre very much at odds with what about 70% of people actually support.

Incoherent.

All in the last 12 months. Would any of the usual care to defend any of this?
    How anyone can continue to vote for this party is beyond me

Simon Harris: we’re considering imposing financial penalties on nurses who went on strike

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar :wouldn’t be fair on taxpayers for government to give nurses pay increases.

Weeks later :TDs receive second pay rise of the year bringing salary to €94,535

Simon Harris: we’re considering imposing financial penalties on nurses who went on strike

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar :wouldn’t be fair on taxpayers for government to give nurses pay increases.

FG TDs gave themselves a rise and no one else? How did they pull that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Don't worry, they're looking after the health care workers well now!

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1243888703958892547?s=19

• Advertisement

FG TDs gave themselves a rise and no one else? How did they pull that one?

SF were the only party to refuse to take the pay rise. Gets donated to charity afaik

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement