Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Runaways wrote: »
    Here’s the letter in question

A 7grand pay increase. No wonder every muppet wants to be a TD

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMJxxnfWoAA1qFJ.jpg

So it wasn’t charity, it was the State.

Well, excuse me if I don’t believe that it was anything other than a publicity stunt and that the millions from the US don’t make up the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

blanch152 wrote: »

Well, excuse me if I don’t believe that it was anything other than a publicity stunt and that the millions from the US don’t make up the difference.

Lol charity!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

I’m more concerned about TDs getting a 7 grand pay increase twice a year tbh

The same year FG refused pay increase for nurses an threatened them with fines if the went on strike.

But yeah you’re a afraid of some imaginary money SF get From America.

You deal in fiction blanch. Unless you can provide a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,337 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A donation is a charitable act, is it not?

RE: US money - should you not be providing your evidence of that to Revenue?

The same year FG refused pay increase for nurses an threatened them with fines if the went on strike.

Hang on, please link to the 14k pay increase in one year.

TD salaries are linked to the civil service principal officer scale and that certainly didn’t go up by 14K in one year.

I think you make things up as you go along.

• Advertisement

A donation is a charitable act, is it not?

RE: US money - should you not be providing your evidence of that to Revenue?

Nah, the money goes into the North, don’t you remember Brexit and how all the Russian money went through the DUP because of the lax regulations in the North. I am certain you told us all about that, maybe I am wrong.

Well, the same happens with the American money for SF. After that it’s easy to get it to those who need it.

Hang on, please link to the 14k pay increase in one year.

TD salaries are linked to the civil service principal officer scale and that certainly didn’t go up by 14K in one year.

I think you make things up as you go along.

Like you made up your SF getting money from US?

Weak deflection there blanch.

Meanwhile.

SF have never been in government.
    And
    https://twitter.com/michael_o_regan/status/1243988875531489280?s=21

Meanwhile.

And

Who the hell is Michael ó Regan???

Interesting reply from someone on the tweet you posted.

"Seems all the people at A+E departments and waiting on trollies which Minister Harris was crucified for in the past Dail term , have had miraculous recoveries since the Covid-19 epidemic started. Amazing coincidence"

Nah, the money goes into the North, don’t you remember Brexit and how all the Russian money went through the DUP because of the lax regulations in the North. I am certain you told us all about that, maybe I am wrong.

Well, the same happens with the American money for SF. After that it’s easy to get it to those who need it.

Much much more money geos to SF (and dissident organisations) from oz and nz than people are aware of....their entire demographic was forced to emigrate 10 years ago (hence.why it took so long for them to rise)

Quite where this is routed i dunno,but fair play to em for keeping an connection alive with our emigrants there.....imo we should stop.the paddys day to america and concentrate on our emigrants in oz/nz instead?

‘TDs' wages have jumped to over €96,000 a year following a pay rise over the weekend.

They will receive a 1.75 per cent pay increase that boosts their wages by over €1,600 a year in their next pay check.

And their salaries are set to rise even closer to the €100,000 mark next year.

Another increase that is also due under the Public Service Stability Agreement will bring their €96, 89 wages up to €98,113 on October 1 2020.’

• Advertisement

"Seems all the people at A+E departments and waiting on trollies which Minister Harris was crucified for in the past Dail term , have had miraculous recoveries since the Covid-19 epidemic started. Amazing coincidence"

He’s been an Irish times journalist for around 30 years.

Do they not teach you anything before doing this?

You are certain...gwan and show us where then.

So you have evidence then. Have you told the Revenue as is your duty?

Meanwhile.

And

So journalist praising Simon Harris while criticising all who have gone before is somehow an indictment of the current FG government. You have a talent for picking out twitter quotes that destroy your argument.

He’s been an Irish times journalist for around 30 years.

Do they not teach you anything before doing this?

And?

An I meant to be in awe or something?

You are certain...gwan and show us where then.

So you have evidence then. Have you told the Revenue as is your duty?

Ha ha, we are not a single country yet. Payments into the North are not covered by Revenue in the South.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I suggest you try to read this, now try to read the whole article. I know it’s proved problematic before

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tds-wages-jump-to-over-96000-after-pay-hike-heres-what-the-political-parties-have-said-about-it-so-far-38456577.html

PS SF did not say they wouldn’t accept it, onky the PBP party did, SF just said each TD could do what they wanted. Unless you have confirmation of something elsev

Ha ha, we are not a single country yet. Payments into the North are not covered by Revenue in the South.

But you know od southern SF members getting extra unaccounted for money...you just claimed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Yeah I’ve been wondering about that myself - where are all the medical card lads with sore fingers now clogging up a&e facilities?? If anything comes of this, I hope criteria for waiting or being seen in a & e is severely tightened from now on. We don’t have a trolley crisis, we have hypochondriac wasters with too much time on their hands and a free pass clogging the system up

‘TDs' wages have jumped to over €96,000 a year following a pay rise over the weekend.

They will receive a 1.75 per cent pay increase that boosts their wages by over €1,600 a year in their next pay check.

And their salaries are set to rise even closer to the €100,000 mark next year.

Another increase that is also due under the Public Service Stability Agreement will bring their €96, 89 wages up to €98,113 on October 1 2020.’

7k twice a year has now gone to €1,600. Wow, I am amazed that you continue to post on here after those barefaced lies.

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Yeah I’ve been wondering about that myself - where are all the medical card lads with sore fingers now clogging up a&e facilities?? If anything comes of this, I hope criteria for waiting or being seen in a & e is severely tightened from now on. We don’t have a trolley crisis, we have hypochondriac wasters with too much time on their hands and a free pass clogging the system up

The " homeless" crisis keeps popping into my head.

A myth. Maggie Cash.

I've been saying it for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

7k twice a year has now gone to €1,600. Wow, I am amazed that you continue to post on here after those barefaced lies.

Notice the cut and paste job, I posted the actual article, the other lie was SF rejected the increase which is bulks**t....no surprise

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Notice the cut and paste job, I posted the actual article, the other lie was SF rejected the increase which is bulks**t....no surprise

I don't think anyone is taking said comrade seriously anymore.

Report back to HQ for debriefing.

The " homeless" crisis keeps popping into my head.

A myth. Maggie Cash.

I've been saying it for years.

Totally agree with you. Safe to say sorting people like that out with “foreva homes” isn’t even in the list on the foreseeable future.

So journalist praising Simon Harris while criticising all who have gone before is somehow an indictment of the current FG government. You have a talent for picking out twitter quotes that destroy your argument.

I’m come to the conclusion you just aren’t capable of basic comprehension

At least 30 years of FFG incompetence and ignorance dealing with health leading the HSE to be in the ****hole it currently is Harris is doing a good job with this pandemic. That was his point.

Totally agree with you. Safe to say sorting people like that out with “foreva homes” isn’t even in the list on the foreseeable future.

After this everyone knows we all need to contribute to the pot.

If you are too lazy then out on the streets with ya.

...and successive governments that allowed it all happen, if that is the case...surely? Or is that SF's fault too?

...and successive governments that allowed it all happen, if that is the case...surely? Or is that SF's fault too?

Didn’t mention SF - took a pandemic for people to wake the **** up and realise not every minor ache or pain needs a trip to A & E

Shefwedfan wrote: »

You’re laughable.

Page one of google search has multiple stories of them rejecting the pay increase
    Horses mouth
    https://twitter.com/eobroin/status/1207652751842381824?s=21

I’m come to the conclusion you just aren’t capable of basic comprehension

At least 30 years of FFG incompetence and ignorance dealing with health leading the HSE to be in the ****hole it currently is Harris is doing a good job with this pandemic. That was his point.

Well if you want to judge FG on what happened in the past, I am happy to judge SF on what Gerry Adams, Martin Ferris and Dessie Ellis did in the past.

By any measure of a reasonable person, SF come off worse in that comparison.

So the logical conclusion from the tweet you posted is that you will be voting FG next time out, since you are quoting someone who says Simon Harris is currently doing a good job.

As a Green voter I am disappointed that the logic of your posts points to you voting FG, but maybe you will consider giving the Greens a decent preference.

• Advertisement

Didn’t mention SF - took a pandemic for people to wake the **** up and realise not every minor ache or pain needs a trip to A & E

It has woken up the management of the HSE...of that we can be sure.
    Can FG keep them 'woke' is the question. Not on their past record they can't...but who knows.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement