Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

smurgen wrote: »
    Show us where they went against the advice of the expert's?

Are you just playing dumb now?

If it was the advise of NPHET that we should have had a lockdown last week, we would have had a lockdown last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,347 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Phoebas wrote: »
    It is, because it is very clear to all that the timing and the longevity of any lockdown is key to its success.
    If you do it a week early then the sustainability of it is at risk.

We need clear consistent messaging from everyone in leadership positions, including SF, but they went off on a politically motivated tangent.

But it wasn't clear and consistent...that is why the place is awash with evidence of people ignoring it.

Now we have the Gardai patrolling the streets with powers to enforce. i.e. Locking the gate after horses (that could have been controlled) have bolted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

But it wasn't clear and consistent...that is why the place is awash with evidence of people ignoring it.

Now we have the Gardai patrolling the streets with powers to enforce. i.e. Locking the gate after horses (that could have been controlled) have bolted.

I said we need clear and consistent messaging, and of course there will be gaps in that during a crisis.

But those gaps are by error not by design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

Some 'medical professionals'.

Why have you put medical professionals in quotes?

Why have you put medical professionals in quotes?

Eh...I was quoting the previous poster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Did you provide the link yet where Greece and Ireland are borrowing at the same rate?
    Never said that.are you just out and out lying now?

Liar
    Same with Greece . In fact they're borrowing at interest charges just as cheap as Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

SF supporters now denying that SF opposed government & HSE strategy by calling for lockdown a week ago.

TIMING is the most important factor in this crisis. But Sinn Fein always know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Liar

Just as cheap isn't the same. A 1% increase isn't setting the world alright especially given the austerity levels. Lot of good it's doing us too now that our mortgages are twice the EU average, more expensive than Greece's and the most expensive in Europe.

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/mortgage-rates-here-highest-in-eurozone-39044021.html

Ballso wrote: »
    SF supporters now denying that SF opposed government & HSE strategy by calling for lockdown a week ago.

TIMING is the most important factor in this crisis. But Sinn Fein always know better.

Go review rheir social media. They fully endorsed every measure.

If they were saying a week later I'd be concerned.they were being conservative.

• Advertisement

Christ will those SF lads stop spreading misinformation!!!!

https://twitter.com/EOBroin/status/1243850605334061057?s=19

Timing on the Government's part has been excellent. Panic can cause so many problems and they have almost completely avoided it. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

This supposed working class party are leading the charge to put 150,000 construction workers on the dole

And two days later the caretaker government come to the same conclusion, didn't stop you bitching stupidly about SF though. A lot of childish nonsense spouted on here and none of it does any damage to SF whatsoever. Such moaning and bitching in the MSM re SF has proven beneficial to them in actual fact. Keep it up bitches.:pac:

Just as cheap isn't the same.

Stop digging. Caught out on an outright lie :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sliabh 1956

To be fair to Sinn Fein the reason they have gone quite is the fact that nobody wants to talk to them. They must be gutted just when it seemed as if there moment had come Covid 19 arrives on the scene . I think the Green party are showing a complete lack of leadership they are wanted by FG/FF but so far are not talking in any serious way

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

If they were saying a week later I'd be concerned.they were being conservative.

Why don't they just say nothing? McDonald was calling for lockdown on the 23rd, against government and HSE strategy.

We do not need to hear from Sinn Fein, they have nothing to offer other than opportunist populist politics.

Why don't they just say nothing? McDonald was calling for lockdown on the 23rd, against government and HSE strategy.

We do not need to hear from Sinn Fein, they have nothing to offer other than opportunist populist politics.

Look at the title of the thread you're posting in.25% of the results in the last election went to them no amount of spin will undo that.

Again show the lie? Did you figure out that long term financing yet buddy?

Any comment on the rest of my post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

SF and others also said trolley numbers were fixable.
    As we can see they were right.

Whose fault was it that there were people on trolleys?
    If it was a kneecap injury we knew whose fault it was

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Aaaaaand if they said nothing you’d be complaining that they’re vanished.

I’ll refer you to the thread title.

Also they’re the biggest party on the island and have the largest share of votes in the country.

That really really really boils your piss doesn’t it? :)

To be fair to Sinn Fein the reason they have gone quite is the fact that nobody wants to talk to them. They must be gutted just when it seemed as if there moment had come Covid 19 arrives on the scene . I think the Green party are showing a complete lack of leadership they are wanted by FG/FF but so far are not talking in any serious way

Covid 19 had nothing to do with SF not getting onto government. When the results became finalised Michael Martin realised that a deal with SF would not mean a senior partner/junior partner type deal so instead Mehole decided to go in with FG instead even though he said he wouldn't go into government with them either pre election.

Look at the title of the thread you're posting in.25% of the results in the last election went to them no amount of spin will undo that.

100% - 75% = 25 %. Dammit I still cant get that sum to make 25% a majority.
    Perhaps Pearse could jig the figures a bit like Dessie Ellis does with having the average industrial wage around 90,000

Again show the lie?

There you go:
    Did you provide the link yet where Greece and Ireland are borrowing at the same rate?
    Never said that.are you just out and out lying now?
    Same with Greece . In fact they're borrowing at interest charges just as cheap as Ireland.

Now stop digging

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Covid 19 had nothing to do with SF not getting onto government. When the results became finalised Michael Martin realised that a deal with SF would not mean a senior partner/junior partner type deal so instead Mehole decided to go in with FG instead even though he said he wouldn't go into government with them either pre election.
    "Mehole" ? I hope the Covid doesnt stop you moving class next September. Three years in third class must be boring

Edgware wrote: »
    If it was a kneecap injury we knew whose fault it was

Ha ha ha. Alwsys nice to see someone realise the depth of their knowledge

Edgware wrote: »
    "Mehole" ? I hope the Covid doesnt stop you moving class next September. Three years in third class must be boring

:pac: Way to miss the point. Great deflection.

Where's that video of MM that someone put up on here where he said time and time and time again that he would not go into government with FG?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

An awful lot of running a country relies on judging the mood...for me, the majority mood was to lockdown long ago. But FG dithered on schools and pubs etc...so much so that pubs started closing despite them and FG very much so..caught up with the public.

Where would we be exactly without a decent opposition keeping the government on track and honest.

That's a terrible way to run a country, and the way SF probably would do it. Whats.popular, what sounds good, no long term planning etc etc.

Judging the mood for elections yes, and for certain referenda, but not for running the country.

There you go:

Now stop digging

English comprehension failure. Facepalm.

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    That's a terrible way to run a country, and the way SF probably would do it. Whats.popular, what sounds good, no long term planning etc etc.

Judging the mood for elections yes, and for certain referenda, but not for running the country.

But But But it wasn't popular to call for non essential Construction sites to be closed a few days like SF were calling for. No one in the construction sector according to FFG fanboys on here wanted it and SF were being hammered on here for calling for Building site closures. So how does that fit in with your narrative?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement