Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Now when the numbers come no where near the projections we have the hardest lockdown ever seen in the state?

Comments like this illustrate why we are lucky there are not enough dunces to vote the mathematically challenged into office.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,343 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

First Up wrote: »
    Comments like this illustrate why we are lucky there are not enough dunces to vote the mathematically challenged into office.

Well..it only makes sense as a strategy if they didn't actually believe we were gonna hit 15,000.
    If they did believe it, then it was irresponsible not to lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Well..it only makes sense as a strategy if they didn't actually believe we were gonna hit 15,000.
    If they did believe it, then it was irresponsible not to lockdown.

They did believe we'd hit 15000... if we introduced no restrictions. The restrictions were then implemented step by step, each a bit more extreme then the last. We're now at the one were we more or less have nowhere left to go.

They did believe we'd hit 15000... if we introduced no restrictions. The restrictions were then implemented step by step, each a bit more extreme then the last. We're now at the one were we more or less have nowhere left to go.

So we let it spread first then try and lockdown?

Doesn't make sense no matter which way you spin it. If you think something is going to spin out of control...lock down.

I think Leo was egging the pudding maybe and wanted to scare people into compliance...it didn't fully work out, so now we need law and full lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Doesn't make sense no matter which way you spin it. If you think something is going to spin out of control...lock down.

I think Leo was egging the pudding maybe and wanted to scare people into compliance...it didn't fully work out, so now we need law and full lockdown.

I think your digging and digging trying to get around the point of admitting you where wrong.....its been done to death now and your still wrong, admit it and move on.....cant see another few pages of this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

As I said:
    The restrictions are brought in step by step, as opposed to an immediate and complete lockdown, as they can only be imposed for so long before they become counter productive (so the argument goes). The aim is slow the spread, and each increase in restrictions slows it that bit more.

Here's a quote from Dr. Tony Holohan from 17th March

"We're not recommending lockdown. It would be very easy to recommend every airport, workplace, every part of society to close. That might reduce the spread of the virus, but it would be a disproportionate response" .

If you disagree with Dr. Holohan's expert opinion fair enough. Sure give the HSE a call there and see if they'll let you take over instead. The policy we've implemented has been implemented by virtually all countries in Western Europe affected by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

It didn’t work because quite a few people in this country seem to have some form of mental retardation and think they can do whatever they want whenever they want. These steps might mitigate that but if it continues I’d duly support the use of force to make them understand, be that rubber bullets or tear gas. The time for niceties is well over now, follow the ****ing rules or suffer the consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

So faced with the projections showing 15,000 cases - minor restrictions.

Now when the numbers come no where near the projections we have the hardest lockdown ever seen in the state?

There is no shame in admitting you got something wrong and it is a sign of strength to be able to accept advice or that you may have gotten something wrong.

You're a scientist now?
    Which university?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think your digging and digging trying to get around the point of admitting you where wrong.....its been done to death now and your still wrong, admit it and move on.....cant see another few pages of this

If you believe something is going to go out of control (and 15,000 cases is out of control) do you take action as soon as you realise that or wait?

Take your time answering and think through using 'logic'.

Because it makes no 'logical' sense to me...unless the Taoiseach was trying to scare and projections never really showed that growth.

I suppose if you believe the HSE and our medical pro's(Not to mention the bould FG) have a history of infallibility then you can have faith. I don't believe that, sadly.

If you believe something is going to go out of control (and 15,000 cases is out of control) do you take action as soon as you realise that or wait?

Because it makes no 'logical' sense to me...unless the Taoiseach was trying to scare and projections never really showed that growth.

I suppose if you believe the HSE and our medical pro's(Not to mention the bould FG) have a history of infallibility then you can have faith. I don't believe that, sadly.

Jesus, this is claptrap of the lowest order.

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Jesus, this is claptrap of the lowest order.

Make sense of it so.

You are faced with 15,000 cases in two weeks time...what do you do?

A. Continue allowing the virus spread?

B. Immediately do all in your power to stop the spread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

As I said you have flogged it to death and plenty of other people have discussed.

I'm not entertaining claptrap Sorry for your troubles.

I'm not entertaining claptrap Sorry for your troubles.

:D

:D

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

:rolleyes:

Sure ya got what you deserved really.

I've no issue with Francie, if you are as passionate as he is about something then I'd have some respect for that.
    The problem is the sniping and sarcastic posts from both sides but if we debate the SF situation calmly he's actually fairly ok to chat to.
    It's the way people go about it on the attack all the time.

You didnt cover yourself in glory along the way there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,309 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Runaways wrote: »
    SF were the only party to refuse to take the pay rise. Gets donated to charity afaik

The charity otherwise known as Sinn Fein, or some other friends of Sinn Fein Group?

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Sure ya got what you deserved really.

I've no issue with Francie, if you are as passionate as he is about something then I'd have some respect for that.
    The problem is the sniping and sarcastic posts from both sides but if we debate the SF situation calmly he's actually fairly ok to chat to.
    It's the way people go about it on the attack all the time.

You didnt cover yourself in glory along the way there either.

In fairness, I'm not taking a SF position here. It is just my own point of view.

maccored wrote: »
    SF run the NHS now too? Have you any understanding at all how the north is set up?

Sinn Fein sat on their hands for three years which resulted in nurses in the North not getting a pay increase that every other nurse in the NHS got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    The charity otherwise known as Sinn Fein, or some other friends of Sinn Fein Group?

You mean like DOB and FG? Wonder how much he'll get over donating his hospitals for tackling CV? I'm sure he'll barely scrape a billion out of this crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

In fairness, I'm not taking a SF position here. It is just my own point of view.

Ah here!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinn Fein sat on their hands for three years which resulted in nurses in the North not getting a pay increase that every other nurse in the NHS got.

Still waiting for you to discuss anything regarding the greens the last three months.very strange seems as they've been in the news so much recently.but alas here you are again beating the SF drum. Forgive me for thinking you're another Finnerbot.

Runaways wrote: »

Who is that eejit?

Did you dig him up from some refuse dump?

Quoting a Twitter numbskull on here as evidence is a new one.

smurgen wrote: »
    Still waiting for you to discuss anything regarding the greens the last three months.very strange seems as they've been in the news so much recently.but alas here you are again beating the SF drum. Forgive me for thinking you're another Finnerbot.

Oh, I have spoken about the Greens, you mustn’t be following me closely enough.

Oh, I have spoken about the Greens, you mustn’t be following me closely enough.

Go on gis a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Who is that eejit?

Did you dig him up from some refuse dump?

Quoting a Twitter numbskull on here as evidence is a new one.

Twitter is the new what's app for sources.

Especially with SF and the rabble group.

Just remember, water meters give you cancer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

No they sign a letter to the ceann comhairle I think it is refusing the increase and written amount and whichever dept deals with wages in Dáil dispenses it.
    MLMD and a few of the others and a few independent TDs I think all posted the letter in question refusing the pay rise at the time on their socials.

Oh you were being snarky about Sinn Fein... sorry. I didn’t expect that from you at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Here’s the letter in question

A 7grand pay increase. No wonder every muppet wants to be a TD

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMJxxnfWoAA1qFJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I kind of hope they get into power. They will inherit an economy on its knees and no money
    available to fulfill their promises

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Gael23 wrote: »
    I kind of hope they get into power. They will inherit an economy on its knees and no mindy available to fulfill their promises

They never had the money to fulfill their promises anyway, the magic money tree doesn’t exist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement