Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

Couple of days at most,just check that your bank a/c details are set up for refund or else you will be issued with a cheque.
    Its been a week already and i dont see my SOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

cnbyz wrote: »
    last week they've reached out via my enquires to let me know that my SOL is ready to be issued. as the amount to be refunded is high it will go for checking so a delay will occur. However it will issue as soon as possible. I have no idea what that means tbh. Does anybody know anything about that process ?

Yep, I finally got an enquiries response saying they fixed the issue and that i'd have my amended one soon..that was on 25th, nothing today.

I think the batch jobs run over night, so I just login in the morning, check my documents and then sign out.

If it appears in My Documents, I think it means refund has been issued and should have it within ~48 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Shlippery wrote:
    If it appears in My Documents, I think it means refund has been issued and should have it within ~48 hours!

Money landed in my bank before I got the my documents file

kilburn wrote: »
    Money landed in my bank before I got the my documents file

I have neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pinkpotato

After applying in Jan 2nd. Got the SOL today. Owe them 75e but they're not collecting it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Pinkpotato wrote: »
    After applying in Jan 2nd. Got the SOL today. Owe them 75e but they're not collecting it?

That's the normal outcome when an underpayment is a low amount. (Though perhaps after COvid, they may have to rethink that).

However, I would expect that any future overpayment would be offset against the underpayment - so if you were due a refund of €200 for 2020, for example, you'd only receive €125. That would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Your tax credits will be reduced by 75 euro in next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

wonski wrote: »
    Your tax credits will be reduced by 75 euro in next year.

what's the rationale behind this? they want to minimize low-value transactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

pasquale83 wrote: »
    what's the rationale behind this? they want to minimize low-value transactions?

You owe them €75 for last year. They may ( and I say may as I find small u/p are often not collected) reduce your tax credits in a future year to collect that. So the system ultimately balances. It’s the easiest way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I presume everything has stopped at this stage. I rang mid march and was told a couple of days, I called over a week later and told last person didnt request it proper that it was sent and would be a few days. That was the Thursday before everything shut down.

So I presume it's not automated and iv to wait till they are back open, which is unfortunate as I was advised by advisor im owed over €1500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

fitzparker wrote: »
    I presume everything has stopped at this stage. I rang mid march and was told a couple of days, I called over a week later and told last person didnt request it proper that it was sent and would be a few days. That was the Thursday before everything shut down.

So I presume it's not automated and iv to wait till they are back open, which is unfortunate as I was advised by advisor im owed over €1500

I requested SOL online on behalf of someone last Thursday for 16 17 and 18. I’ll look first thing on Tuesday and see if they’ve been done and I’ll come back here and tell you

Yea, my latest update is phone lines are now gone, which is fine. Two conflicting my enquiries responses.

1st message - your SOL is fine and it's on the way

(two weeks later)...I chased it again..

2nd message your SOL is not fine, we can't process your Foreign Earnings Deduction credit due to an ongoing tech issue - we still have no ETA!

So frustrating!

i have finally received my SOL on Thursday. Amount due is half of what it was last year and nothing has changed. (non resident aggregation relief). It was either incorrect last year or this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

Still waiting on mine, even thought I was told on March 27th it would be processed in the next few days. Now not taking phone calls anymore. I've sent an enquiry in but presumably won't hear for ages if at all. I'm owed a lot of money. I'll be going to the ombudsman I reckon. The way it's been handled (far before any pandemic) has been shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Smurphette wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine, even thought I was told on March 27th it would be processed in the next few days. Now not taking phone calls anymore. I've sent an enquiry in but presumably won't hear for ages if at all. I'm owed a lot of money. I'll be going to the ombudsman I reckon. The way it's been handled (far before any pandemic) has been shocking.

What's driving the refund? Is it something unusual or is it just standard overpayment?

cnbyz wrote: »
    i have finally received my SOL on Thursday. Amount due is half of what it was last year and nothing has changed. (non resident aggregation relief). It was either incorrect last year or this year.
    Turns out I was right. They issued an extra SOL with additional 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

fitzparker wrote: »

Are the Revenue Commissioners (P.A.Y.E.) working as normal, skeleton staff, not at all?

Are P21's being issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

What's driving the refund? Is it something unusual or is it just standard overpayment?

Health expenses! Submitted on january 15th, heard nothing, got my SOL issued with no mention of the expenses, rang them, told they needed receipts (I could have submitted them with the claim if I'd known) submitted receipts (this was early feb), heard nothing, rang about a month ago and told it was going through and nothing. I know they're under pressure now but this issue predates it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Smurphette wrote: »
    Health expenses! Submitted on january 15th, heard nothing, got my SOL issued with no mention of the expenses, rang them, told they needed receipts (I could have submitted them with the claim if I'd known) submitted receipts (this was early feb), heard nothing, rang about a month ago and told it was going through and nothing. I know they're under pressure now but this issue predates it!

If it's just bog standard health expenses that should be dealt with by now. A certain percentage of claims always get checked. That's standard all the time regardless of the issues at the start of the year. Have Revenue acknowledged the receipts you sent? Send another My enquiry to check the status of your claim.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yea, my latest update is phone lines are now gone, which is fine. Two conflicting my enquiries responses.

1st message - your SOL is fine and it's on the way

(two weeks later)...I chased it again..

2nd message your SOL is not fine, we can't process your Foreign Earnings Deduction credit due to an ongoing tech issue - we still have no ETA!

So frustrating!

Finally, it's over. (and looks like I got a bit more due back than expected!)

SoL 1 -23/01/2020 (wrong)
    SoL 2- 27/04/2020 (fixed!)

What a trip.

Best of luck to everyone else!

• Advertisement

Finally, it's over. (and looks like I got a bit more due back than expected!)

SoL 1 -23/01/2020 (wrong)
    SoL 2- 27/04/2020 (fixed!)

What a trip.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Did it just come through automatically or did you email ( I understand you cant ring) I was told twice before the lockdown it will be ready in a "couple" of days

I'd received a vague my enquiries about a week ago with no expected ETA.
    I wrote back a bit pissed off as it had been drawn out so long (in a nice way) but didnt' receive any follow up correspondence aside from the my docs file this morning..

I'd received a vague my enquiries about a week ago with no expected ETA.
    I wrote back a bit pissed off as it had been drawn out so long (in a nice way) but didnt' receive any follow up correspondence aside from the my docs file this morning..

Thanks, when you say wrote back, is this through My Enquiries online?

Yea, a lot of communication through My Enquiries - it's only option available these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

Finally got my SOL this morning - after submitting in January and resubmitting in February. I also opened a MyEnquiries once the phone lines closed, no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Finally got mine this morning also. I had foreign income from US dividends so I think this is what held it up. I had slight underpayment of €17 but they didn't request it at this time.

Then shortly after received notification of my help to buy application being approved.

Yea, a lot of communication through My Enquiries - it's only option available these days!

Great, i didn't know they were still answering, guess im 6 weeks behind. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ktryan4444

Hi, wondering if anyone is still waiting on their statement of liability since January

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

Ktryan4444 wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if anyone is still waiting on their statement of liability since January

I am. Submitted on January 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ktryan4444

zepman wrote: »
    I am. Submitted on January 1st.

Thanks, fingers crossed won't be too much longer

Advertisement