Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Submitted on 3.1. Me nothing..resubbed twice...

Submitted forna friend on 15.1. He got all +wee refund 3 days later....

So i guess i can just wait.... but untill when?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Not very clued in on all this.

I don't believe I filled out any forms previous years and the SOL was available (automatically?) in or around the 17th Jan each year. Have sent them a query via myAccount and have heard nothing back (since 27th Jan).
    Have tried to folow the instruction to go to myAccount >> Review Tax 2016-2019 >>SOL "Request" >> Preliminary End of Year result not available (You cannot proceed as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for Income Tax during the year.)

Can anyone advise me what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

jim salter wrote: »
    Not very clued in on all this.

I don't believe I filled out any forms previous years and the SOL was available (automatically?) in or around the 17th Jan each year. Have sent them a query via myAccount and have heard nothing back (since 27th Jan).
    Have tried to folow the instruction to go to myAccount >> Review Tax 2016-2019 >>SOL "Request" >> Preliminary End of Year result not available (You cannot proceed as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for Income Tax during the year.)

Can anyone advise me what's going on?

You need to file a form 11 income tax return via ROS as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for Income Tax during the year.)

https://www.ros.ie/ros-registration-web/ros-registration;rjsessionid=AA4C24874F8E677239B6E894B249BE6F?execution=e1s1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Oh my god its there. Its over. Thank god. Until next year folks. Hopefully comes for ye soon

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

tfeldi wrote: »
    I received my SOL this morning but no sign of the health expenses being acknowledged.

How was yours resolved?

Same for myself - got the statement yesterday with not a mention of health expenses. Just about to call them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Iang87 wrote: »
    Oh my god its there. Its over. Thank god. Until next year folks. Hopefully comes for ye soon

Brilliant. When did you submit

Smurphette wrote: »
    Same for myself - got the statement yesterday with not a mention of health expenses. Just about to call them now.

Let us know what they have said.... its a joke...they knew this transition will happen years before... its a shame they aint ready...and most of us overpaid -including me cca 1 grand. They are basically holding the money for free... no bank or any institution will borrow you money without interest.

Hint i am paying 1400 a month in taxes...just saying....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Still none for me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hells Belles

Still waiting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cutielaide

I did my friends tax return for 2019 yesterday afternoon and she got it this morning... I have applied since 8th of January and I am still waiting. Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

That slight delay after you press 'view' and think, maybe today is my day.
    Then your hopes are dashed... Maybe tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Bojill wrote: »
    That slight delay after you press 'view' and think, maybe today is my day.
    Then your hopes are dashed... Maybe tomorrow.

I know that feeling - had it for a month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cutielaide wrote: »
    I did my friends tax return for 2019 yesterday afternoon and she got it this morning... I have applied since 8th of January and I am still waiting. Ridiculous

Further enhances my last in, first out theory. Something went wrong at the start of January which they won't comment on but it has affected everyone that did their statement early

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭champchamp

Colemania wrote: »
    Further enhances my last in, first out theory. Something went wrong at the start of January which they won't comment on but it has affected everyone that did their statement early

You're probably right. I submitted mine the first week of January and nothing there yet. I wouldn't mind only I'm brone since Christmas and could do with my refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lipbalmpam

I submitted mine on 20th Jan, heard nothing. My son sent his in last Thursday, money in his account on Monday morning!!!!! I just called, they are hoping to get them resolved this week..... I won't hold my breath!!!!

Lipbalmpam wrote: »
    I submitted mine on 20th Jan, heard nothing. My son sent his in last Thursday, money in his account on Monday morning!!!!! I just called, they are hoping to get them resolved this week..... I won't hold my breath!!!!

Well i am on for few weeks....i dont think that they will resolve all within thisnweek.... but do they have any time frame? Could this last for another few weeks perhaps months?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Let us know what they have said.... its a joke...they knew this transition will happen years before... its a shame they aint ready...and most of us overpaid -including me cca 1 grand. They are basically holding the money for free... no bank or any institution will borrow you money without interest.

Hint i am paying 1400 a month in taxes...just saying....

I shouldn't have received an SOL apparently, have to submit my receipts etc through My Enquiries which I could have done a month ago if I had been advised.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Still waiting here since 5th January.. resubmitted last week and still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Sweet Baby Jesus and all the lambs, it's axtually there this morning... :-o

I didn't receive an email (yet?) but it was listed under "My Documents", a little yellow dot showing a new document was available. I applied around the 5th of Jan, IIRC.

WetDaddy wrote: »

I didn't receive an email (yet?) but it was listed under "My Documents", a little yellow dot showing a new document was available. I applied around the 5th of Jan, IIRC.

Good on you....nothing here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I did one for myself and my father at same time. Mine was processed and paid into my bank in about 4 to 5 days and my father's is still pending, it's going on a month now.

Mine was circa 1300 of a refund, my father's will be approx 2000...no idea why one went straight away and the other didn't

Does ringing them speed things up or do you just get the party line from them? He's not stuck for it but nice to get it sorted all the same

I did one for myself and my father at same time. Mine was processed and paid into my bank in about 4 to 5 days and my father's is still pending, it's going on a month now.

Mine was circa 1300 of a refund, my father's will be approx 2000...no idea why one went straight away and the other didn't

Does ringing them speed things up or do you just get the party line from them? He's not stuck for it but nice to get it sorted all the same

Yup but imagine if you are stucked for it and waiting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Yup but imagine if you are stucked for it and waiting....

Yep, I agree, revenue have no clue whether he needs it or not but still a massive delay

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

WetDaddy wrote: »

Same here Happy days a grand just what I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Still nothing here either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Mine arrived today, submitted on Jan 20th. Underpaid USC by 1 cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Still nothing here. Day 43 and counting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I got mine yesterday, didn't acknowledge education expenses or reassess us a married couple so nothing returned. Really poor system this year, looks like anyone who submitted early Jan has had issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Got mine this morning, applied 10th Jan, refund as expected, thank God that's over :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Sol finally dropped this morning 6 weeks exactly since i submitted close to a grand due back to me, best of luck to the rest of you waiting, catch up with you next January

Advertisement