Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

GM228 wrote: »
    Without having to read back over 42 pages of posts, can someone summarise exactly what the issue is and likely timeframe for backlog clearance? No doubt an "issue" with the new system.

To summarise,

Statements of liabilities are 21 days late for some people.
    You are now up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Guys

Fort those that are still waiting and in need, I recommend speaking to a supervisor, and suggest that you will be making conatct with the ombudsman, summarise any call you have had with them and type it in enquires. It is important to have something written down, even if is is just a surmmary of your most recent phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

I received my SOL today. I submitted on 15 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bellatrix1

Submitted the 1st of January. Resubmitted last Thursday and still NOTHING. so I am waiting 38 bloody days and still no joy.

I rang Wednesday told its an IT problem. How bloody long does it take to solve an IT problem. This is pure incompetence at this stage. There is no excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I resubmitted a week ago for a tax credit I forgot to include.
    Heard nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Submitted 2nd January, received it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I submitted mine on the 10th.

I FINALLY got it this morning. The exact amount the really nice guy in revenue calculated it at. Finally. I hope people start getting theirs soon.

Never so happy to see that yellow dot in my documents.

€1050 overpayment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Received SOL today. I owe 400 euros!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Submitted Wednesday and received SOL yesterday. €278 overpayment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I got mine this morning too, €60 overpayed. I'm useless when it comes to this, but, is the SoL separate to claiming back the BIK for medical insurance paid for by an employer? There was an amount entered in my tax relief for medical insurance field but it wasn't at 1000 (my policy being over 1000).

I did try and call revenue last Friday but couldn't get through, maybe I'll have better luck next week when the lines have gotten quieter ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Still no sign of mine but glad to see there seems to be a lot getting them now. At least it's moving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

cefh17 wrote: »
    I got mine this morning too, €60 overpayed. I'm useless when it comes to this, but, is the SoL separate to claiming back the BIK for medical insurance paid for by an employer? There was an amount entered in my tax relief for medical insurance field but it wasn't at 1000 (my policy being over 1000).

I did try and call revenue last Friday but couldn't get through, maybe I'll have better luck next week when the lines have gotten quieter ðŸ˜

The statement of liability should include tax relief for any additional credits/reliefs you have chosen. You can amend the tax return you filed to claim correct amount of of tax relief on your medical insurance. You just need to enter the gross figure of 1000 euro which will allow a max refund figure of 200 euro. Please note this is not you claiming "the BIK back". All you are doing is claiming the tax relief on a medical insurance premium which everyone who pays for themselves get at source.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Swings and roundabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

I resubmitted last week and got a notification today. Another account I know was resubmitted last week as well but no email yet. It's all random I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

One question that some people here may know.

I had an underpayment during the year (which I was aware of and prepared for). It says that this will be claimed by adjusting my tax credits. Am I right in assuming this is automatic and I don't have to do anything further?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Risteard wrote: »
    One question that some people here may know.

I had an underpayment during the year (which I was aware of and prepared for). It says that this will be claimed by adjusting my tax credits. Am I right in assuming this is automatic and I don't have to do anything further?

Thanks

If you had a u/p in a year then they usually adjust credits down in the following year. However sometimes depending on when the u/p comes to light E.g. late in the following year. it could be the year after that. Check MyAccount and see what your tax cert shows. Also the SOL (previously p21) should say something like “this will be collected in the year(s) xyz”

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

The statement of liability should include tax relief for any additional credits/reliefs you have chosen. You can amend the tax return you filed to claim correct amount of of tax relief on your medical insurance. You just need to enter the gross figure of 1000 euro which will allow a max refund figure of 200 euro. Please note this is not you claiming "the BIK back". All you are doing is claiming the tax relief on a medical insurance premium which everyone who pays for themselves get at source.

Thanks for that, it's just weird that there was an amount entered already (not by me) but not the full 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

cefh17 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, it's just weird that there was an amount entered already (not by me) but not the full 1000.

They may be dividing it over more than one year.

Stratvs wrote: »
    If you had a u/p in a year then they usually adjust credits down in the following year. However sometimes depending on when the u/p comes to light E.g. late in the following year. it could be the year after that. Check MyAccount and see what your tax cert shows. Also the SOL (previously p21) should say something like “this will be collected in the year(s) xyz”

Thanks. Appears it's 2021. It said will be adjusted in future years. 2021 was written on its own after the amount of the underpayment.

I submitted medical receipt of 120 euros but SOL doesn't show this. I was hoping to get 20% back.
    Should I wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

I submitted medical receipt of 120 euros but SOL doesn't show this. I was hoping to get 20% back.
    Should I wait?

Did you pay any tax last year? If no tax was paid, then it won’t show on the SOL, and there will be no refund.

If you did pay tax, then check the Health Expenses are definitely on the income tax return you submitted. You can view the submitted return online, and edit and resubmit if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Should I wait?

Did the 20% you were expecting back reduce the underpayment you received instead?

Yes, worked and paid taxes for the whole 2019.
    Medical receipt from December 2019.

I will check again on my online account now.
    Did you pay any tax last year? If no tax was paid, then it won’t show on the SOL, and there will be no refund.

If you did pay tax, then check the Health Expenses are definitely on the income tax return you submitted. You can view the submitted return online, and edit and resubmit if necessary.

It's not mentioned anywhere on the SOL.
    So i doubt it.
    Did the 20% you were expecting back reduce the underpayment you received instead?

Should I wait?

Did you just upload the receipts or insert the amount of medical expenses in the submission.

Inserted the amount manually.
    But now I have resubmitted with receipt upload feature.
    Risteard wrote: »
    Did you just upload the receipts or insert the amount of medical expenses in the submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SnowFlakes2019

Nothing this morning for me either. Any luck anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 17 adoodle

Nothing either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

still nothing here, its been a month since I submitted my return.

Advertisement