Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

We submitted on Jan 17 (or 19) and finally got the SOL yesterday. Wish it was a cause for celebration, but instead of an expected overpayment of €1k+ somehow we underpaid by approx. €150. Will look into that at some point in the near future. But anyhow, the good news for everyone left waiting is that they are still working through the old ones obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WEZANGO

Submitted mine on 7th of January. They told through enquiries that everything approved and I should have my SOL in few days, but it's been a week already. They even sent me a message through enquiries asking if I am satisfied by their service or not... What a joke they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 yalla345

WEZANGO wrote: »
    Submitted mine on 7th of January. They told through enquiries that everything approved and I should have my SOL in few days, but it's been a week already. They even sent me a message through enquiries asking if I am satisfied by their service or not... What a joke they are.

This is ridiculous - What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

yalla345 wrote: »
    it looks like I am the only one here still waiting for the SOL. But I lost hope in this useless service long time ago.

Mine came in yesterday. Submitted Jan 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

I called earlier after resubmitting on 25th of Jan, chap on the phone did it for me manually and says refund will be in the bank by monday.

Amazing how it was done so easily today, after 5 phone calls over the last few weeks.

Chap on the phone was really helpful, it really does depend on who you get on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

This is what I was told yesterday through the my enquiries "there is an issue with your claim,the non resident aggregation relief not adding to your statement. This is not issolated to your account. Anyone claiming the same is also awaiting their Statement of Liability."

I doubt calling will make any difference. Although last year it kinda did help. I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

jay1988 wrote: »
    I called earlier after resubmitting on 25th of Jan, chap on the phone did it for me manually and says refund will be in the bank by monday.

Amazing how it was done so easily today, after 5 phone calls over the last few weeks.

Chap on the phone was really helpful, it really does depend on who you get on the phone.

could you please give me the phone number you used, been waiting since the 8th of jan now , thanks Eamonn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Finally got my SOL yesterday... Surprising that a decent refund was due so quite happy. Unacceptable delay after I had originally submitted early Jan and then resubmitted a few weeks later. It would need to very much improve for the next time.

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    could you please give me the phone number you used, been waiting since the 8th of jan now , thanks Eamonn

01 7383636

01 7383636

Thank you very much, much appreciated

• Advertisement

is there anything else we can do here? Does anyone know a journalist?

We should @ them on Twitter as well

twitter.com/RevenueIE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

200 Revenue Staff getting redeployed to DSP to cope with all the people getting laid off.

Could be a while waiting for refunds now

what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

yalla345 wrote:
    what a joke.

Are you actually serious?

about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Revenue staff being redeployed to assist with social welfare payments for thousands upon thousands of newly unemployed people?!

My comment was about the delay. I am really frustrated about this situation. 2 months ago I was told that the issue has been resolved and that the SOL will issue shortly. Heard about 5 different stories and Still no SOL.

and I an unemployed too and the last time I called I was told to expect around 4K.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Revenue staff being redeployed to assist with social welfare payments for thousands upon thousands of newly unemployed people?!

They need be trained for DSP etc..Its not going to be a quick process

Turns out chap on the phone outright lied to me on Friday, called today to see why sol and refund hadn't arrived as advised, girl on the phone said she'd no idea why I was told that and I definitely wasn't due my refund anytime soon, joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Turns out chap on the phone outright lied to me on Friday, called today to see why sol and refund hadn't arrived as advised, girl on the phone said she'd no idea why I was told that and I definitely wasn't due my refund anytime soon, joke.

Yea, i wouldn't expect a refund without the SOL sitting in your documents first.

Seems once the document appears, the funds get wired and takes about 24 hours or so.

I'm still tied up with technicality of waiting for a fixed/amended SOL.

I rang again last week as figured it may have slipped through cracks but wasn't given an ETA...just that someone had been on the case since Jan 23 and was still working away at fixing it.

:|

got mine today after applying on the 8th of jan , nice little lump sum , good luck to all those still waiting , i rang on monday and was told mine was one of the ones for further checking but was being approved within the next few days

lucky you! Still nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I would guess that the 200 staff being redeployed may have been people who were hired for Brexit-related issues?

When the Border 'moved' to the Irish Sea, less trade facilitation work would be required, wouldn't it?

Also, if debt-collection work is halted for the moment, because of Covid, then perhaps staff who work in that area are available to be redeployed - to do quite essential work with DEASP.

That's just my theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Red2029

I phoned today and was told it was being checked and that she would contact the person it had been assigned to and that it would be dealt with as soon as possible.
    I submitted it on 6/1/20 and I have phoned 6 or 7 times now.
    I am told a different thing every time I phone.
    I sent a my Enquiry which was never answered.

Red2029 wrote: »
    I phoned today and was told it was being checked and that she would contact the person it had been assigned to and that it would be dealt with as soon as possible.
    I submitted it on 6/1/20 and I have phoned 6 or 7 times now.
    I am told a different thing every time I phone.
    I sent a my Enquiry which was never answered.

no point phoning them anymore i guess. I am sick and tired of wasting my time with this every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

cnbyz wrote: »
    no point phoning them anymore i guess. I am sick and tired of wasting my time with this every year.

Why / how do you end up wasting time with “this” every year?

Why / how do you end up wasting time with “this” every year?
    long story. i need to claim refund for a certain relief at the end of every year and last year they have issued p21 on may 31st after calling them dozen times. If i hadnt come across with someone who was actually willing to help it probably would have been delayed more. The year before wasnt any better.

last week they've reached out via my enquires to let me know that my SOL is ready to be issued. as the amount to be refunded is high it will go for checking so a delay will occur. However it will issue as soon as possible. I have no idea what that means tbh. Does anybody know anything about that process ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 dominicbrooks

Couple of days at most,just check that your bank a/c details are set up for refund or else you will be issued with a cheque.

Advertisement