Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

They spread the underpayment over the following year

I know it can be spread up to 4 years.

For example if someone owes €4000 it can be spread as €1000 per year. but can you come to a settlement agreement? say offer €3000 up front, can it be wrote off?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

fitzparker wrote: »
    I know it can be spread up to 4 years.

For example if someone owes €4000 it can be spread as €1000 per year. but can you come to a settlement agreement? say offer €3000 up front, can it be wrote off?

Would that not be a bit unfair to all the taxpayers who paid the full amount up front and on time without leaving any underpayment?

It would make it worthwhile for everyone to underpay and then go for a settlement agreement at a nice discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 yalla345

Any yellow dots today ? Nothing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

yalla345 wrote: »
    Any yellow dots today ? Nothing here.
    Nothing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lipbalmpam

Nothing here, on hold to speak to someone at the moment. Wonder what this week's story will be?????

• Advertisement

Well I spoke to a supervisor who told me that because I was made redundant last year and have a job seekers benefit payment for 2019 there is technical issue blocking my sol from being released. The lady I spoke didn't sugar coat it which was refreshing and said IT are working on it, but she can't give me a date!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

PCX wrote: »
    Would that not be a bit unfair to all the taxpayers who paid the full amount up front and on time without leaving any underpayment?

It would make it worthwhile for everyone to underpay and then go for a settlement agreement at a nice discount.

100% unfair, but was asking the question as with most companies (not that its fair) where a settlement can be agreed to clear it off

in fairness 4 years without added interest to pay it is more than enough.

Lipbalmpam wrote: »
    Well I spoke to a supervisor who told me that because I was made redundant last year and have a job seekers benefit payment for 2019 there is technical issue blocking my sol from being released. The lady I spoke didn't sugar coat it which was refreshing and said IT are working on it, but she can't give me a date!!!!

I hope they are evaluating other options. like a workaround or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Put mine in on Friday and got it today, they never processed medical expenses though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nothing here, on hold to speak to someone at the moment. Wonder what this week's story will be?????

You think the poor people on the phone are withholding information from you? They don't know when the SOL will be completed and will tell people when they get an update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Snap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kathc57

Yep filed my Mother's return on 4th January 2020 and heard nothing since. Keeps saying "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly." No reply to my enquiry on 7th Feb 2020 either.

You think the poor people on the phone are withholding information from you? They don't know when the SOL will be completed and will tell people when they get an update

I updated with the outcome of this weeks call. As mentioned before, I've been fed several different excuses each time I call. I haven't lost my cool with anybody on the phone, it's not their fault. Managed to get a supervisor today who was honest and told me she had no idea when it would be fixed. Finally an honest answer and not 'later this week' which is what I've been told 3 times!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

I called yesterday evening and it took about 25 mins but I was put through to a really nice fella. I was told part of my problem is that I resubmitted before my first return/SOL was processed. So the first one still has to be processed and submitting the second didn't help.

I told him that I know some people that got theirs soon after they resubmitted but he said that wouldn't have made a difference. All it did was add to the backlog and there's no way that the second one will be seen to before the first. They looked up both for me and the first one is the priority. So for anyone who got theirs soon after resubmitting it might have just been a coincidence.

They told me the usual we expect to have such and such done by next week but I should call back if I don't get anything by then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I updated with the outcome of this weeks call. As mentioned before, I've been fed several different excuses each time I call. I haven't lost my cool with anybody on the phone, it's not their fault. Managed to get a supervisor today who was honest and told me she had no idea when it would be fixed. Finally an honest answer and not 'later this week' which is what I've been told 3 times!!!!

Supervisor lol

You do know they put you on hold until someone close to them is free from a call and they speak to taxpayer. Same as most call centres

Almost march, still nothing. Yellow dot anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

Apologies about this question but does yellow dot mean refund payment pending or just that case has been assessed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

damemcd wrote: »
    Apologies about this question but does yellow dot mean refund payment pending or just that case has been assessed ?

The Yellow Dot is just a notification in your online account that you have correspondence from Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

damemcd wrote: »
    It just means you have corrspondance from revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Unfortunately I've been told that the front counter at the Revenue offices in Waterford and Cork no longer deal with PAYE and that everyone is to be forwarded to the phone and online services.

Shame, too; I remember claiming a refund for surgery years ago against tax and was handed a cheque right over the counter.

That said; the information I got was second hand - there's no direct phoneline for the offices that I can find. I'm just hoping someone will actually look after this issue as my MyEnquiries has been sitting there for 6+ weeks without a response despite several phone calls and officers reassigning the case to themselves with no outcome. I have an SOL but it's wrong and I'm down as owing a massive sum.

Anyone else any joy? In fairness I know they're up the walls dealing with SOLs.

• Advertisement

Nothing here.

Friend of mine works in a different section in Revenue and was telling me the staff on the phones are under huge pressure. Some are getting awful abuse on the phones with one guy she knows in particular having to come off the phones for a day or two after one quite nasty phone call.

It's a shame Revenue haven't provided some information on their website or twitter as people may not keep ringing then. The phone message hasn't been updated since January

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

rsl1976 wrote: »
    after one quite nasty phone call.

No one has a right to be nasty to people - especially when it's staff who have no say in how the system works.

I have a feeling they're answering phones and manually pushing through the backlog - the least management could do is update the message on the phone system.

Anyone get anything over the weekend?

Nope, crossing fingers for the morning!!!!!

Nothing here. Submitted 2nd January. Called them 4 times. Heard 4 different stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Supervisor lol

You do know they put you on hold until someone close to them is free from a call and they speak to taxpayer. Same as most call centres

Not true. If they put you on hold and say they're putting you on to a supervisor, it will be someone of a higher grade to them who is a supervisor of that section.

Anyone get anything today? Nothing here as expected

Nope, nothing, zip, zilch, nada!!!!

This is getting ridiculous now. :mad:

• Advertisement

nothing for me either. I believe calling them is useless at this point.

Advertisement