Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mebarrett

Submitted my returns on the 7th and received my SOL this morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

Submitted my SOL on the 2nd and recieved what was owed today into my back acc. No email notifications for what it's worth

I also submitted my tax return as I am due health expenses back after a costly year in that regard. Has anyone heard back on this one? My status online is 'submitted'.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Submitted my SOL on the 2nd and recieved what was owed today into my back acc. No email notifications for what it's worth

I also submitted my tax return as I am due health expenses back after a costly year in that regard. Has anyone heard back on this one? My status online is 'submitted'.

You don't submit a Sol, you receive it.
    Regarding the tax return, you are now in the same boat as the rest of us, waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Waiting since the 2nd/3rd now, it's a bit disappointing as there's been no communication. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

A lot of people aren't receiving email notifications, but did you actually log on and go to your documents on ROS? If you received the refund it should be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I claimed Medical / Dental for 2017-2019 on Wednesday night.
    Got Statement of Liability for 17 and 18 this morning and a nice refund:)

2019 is "processing"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Sent mine in on the 7th. Still not processed.

Sent a query in on the 22nd to find out whats going on. I'll hear back on the query in 20 - 25 business days. Imagine if the private sector could take the attitude the public sector can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Sent mine yesterday received my Statement of Liability this morning. Just waiting on my refund now.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Sent mine yesterday received my Statement of Liability this morning. Just waiting on my refund now.

Lucky You.

michellie wrote: »
    A lot of people aren't receiving email notifications, but did you actually log on and go to your documents on ROS? If you received the refund it should be there

Yes I logged into my account a day prior and there was a note saying x amount will be in my account within 3-5 working days. So that's my balance PAYE overpayment sorted

Now I'm just waiting on my tax return so I can receive my health expenses. Still no movement on that one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Yes I logged into my account a day prior and there was a note saying x amount will be in my account within 3-5 working days. So that's my balance PAYE overpayment sorted

Now I'm just waiting on my tax return so I can receive my health expenses. Still no movement on that one

Did you submit your Health Expenses separately?

If not then your PAYE refund will include any refund from Health Expenses claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bellatrix1

Still nothing today. This is unbelievable. Its a month now since I applied

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Sent in mine on the 1st Jan as me and husband are applying for HTB scheme and nothing. This is now holding up the sale of our house and we are freaking the **** out.

Been told by revenue yesterday that they’ve over a million left to do and it could be another 3 weeks till it’s sorted. Seems to be zero responsibility taken for this, but you can be guaranteed you’d be fined for not paying your tax on time.

I just rang there and got through to a man that was very helpful, he couldn't tell me when I will get it but he did spend ages calculating what he thinks we have overpaid by and he said his calculations are normally 99% right so I'm a lot more relaxed now.

If only we could get it now that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Sent in mine on the 1st Jan as me and husband are applying for HTB scheme and nothing. This is now holding up the sale of our house and we are freaking the **** out.

Been told by revenue yesterday that they’ve over a million left to do and it could be another 3 weeks till it’s sorted. Seems to be zero responsibility taken for this, but you can be guaranteed you’d be fined for not paying your tax on time.

That’s frustrating and very upsetting. Your situation is different to the majority of posters here who are either inconvenienced or temporarily financially challenged by the delay. For you this is a very stressful and worrying situation and you could potentially suffer significant financial consequences.

Here is what I would do in your situation:

Call them three more times today, speaking to a different person each time, explain your situation and the possible consequences, ask them to imaging themselves in your position and appeal to their better nature to assist you in any way they can. There surely must be some manual override they can trigger to get your case sorted out promptly. In my experience, in these situations if you can bring the issue back to its human consequences you will find that people will often rise to the challenge and do their level and creative best to assist you.

If that doesn’t get a positive response, write a short letter explaining your dire situation and the possible consequences, explain that you have been in contact with various staff members and that while they were very understanding they were unfortunately able to resolve the issue and you are writing in desperation in the hope that he might intervene to assist, and address it to Niall Cody, Chairman of the Board of the Revenue Commissioners, Dublin Castle, Dublin 2. Go to a post office and send it by registered post and make sure it goes out this afternoon or tomorrow morning so that it is on his desk by 10am Monday.

Good luck.

Hibernicis wrote: »
    That’s frustrating and very upsetting. Your situation is different to the majority of posters here who are either inconvenienced or temporarily financially challenged by the delay.

To be fair, you do not know what anyone else's situation is.

To be fair, you do not know what anyone else's situation is.

You absolutely politically correct. For some it will be a huge issue with significant impact, for the majority will be an inconvenience or a temporary financial challenge. Knowing that stress that goes with house purchase I suspect that the poster I quoted is in the former category. If my attempt to assist them offended your sensibilities I apologise.

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve called and the guy couldn’t have been nicer - he’s said that the batches due to be released this week haven’t, it’s a systematic error and there is no manual override :(

I’ve no idea what me and my husband are going to do now, this has very real consequences and looks like we are going to have to pull out of our sale as nothing will be done until the week after. We are sorry we decided to come back to Ireland to work, this is a humongous failure on revenues part -why there isn’t more outrage over it is insane

Did you submit your Health Expenses separately?

If not then your PAYE refund will include any refund from Health Expenses claimed.

I did...I think. The more I look at it the more I think I made a mistake somewhere

I requested my balancing statement through the SOL option but didn't include my health expenses as I hadn't my paperwork sorted

Then a few days later, I submitted my tax return for 2019 and added my health expenses. The figures on my rebate that I've received through my SOL don't tally up. Ie I'm short about a grand so I'm assuming/hoping once the income tax return is reviewed, I'll receive my health expenses separately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve called and the guy couldn’t have been nicer - he’s said that the batches due to be released this week haven’t, it’s a systematic error and there is no manual override :(

I’ve no idea what me and my husband are going to do now, this has very real consequences and looks like we are going to have to pull out of our sale as nothing will be done until the week after. We are sorry we decided to come back to Ireland to work, this is a humongous failure on revenues part - why there isn’t more outrage over it is insane

That's awful. I hope you get it sorted.

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve no idea what me and my husband are going to do now, this has very real consequences and looks like we are going to have to pull out of our sale as nothing will be done until the week after. We are sorry we decided to come back to Ireland to work, this is a humongous failure on revenues part -why there isn’t more outrage over it is insane

That's the really terrible for you. Sorry to be pushy but would you just write the letter to Niall Cody and send it by registered post this afternoon. Include exactly what you said in your last post. Do it now and get it posted. Senior people will usually respond to serious situations like this but can only do so if they are aware of them ; Revenue have a lot of power and resources and are quite capable of making quick decisions; I've seen them do so in a number of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭carleigh

Thanks for the advice.

Having worked in Revenue I would advise you to call back and ask for an EO or a HEO to call you regarding your case. Despite what people may think, the representative on the other end of the phone is just as frustrated with these scenarios and don’t have to power to move things along, however a manager may be able to ensure a letter could issue to you explaining the situation to the bank or builder. Hopefully it can get sorted ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

The statement of liability is only a statement as to whether you owe tax or are owed tax. Both you and your husbands earnings for 2019 are available on MyAccount available to send to your bank. Surely that's what your bank are looking for. It's what you earn not what tax you pay drives any lending. Bear in mind this is the first year that P60s are not available. The bank may not actually need a statement of liability. They never had one before. Just double check with the bank.

Thanks for the advice.

Jesus this is so ****ty for you. I hope you get it sorted fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1 helllo757

I just called and got through to a lovely lady - advised i had submitted my SOL on 02/01/2020 and i havent heard anything back - i advise dher i processed my twin sisters on wed morning (she is awful with computers) and she had her SOL back yest morning - the lady said accounts have suspended in error as people had submitted their SOL to early. over the phone said she had just submitted mine and it was processed, i advised her i didn't expect that quick of a resolution and she said it's no problem it only takes 2 seconds - logged back into my account after the call and i have no email or SOL :( not sure does it take awhile or was she full of **** to end the call quick and keep me happy!

helllo757 wrote: »
    I just called and got through to a lovely lady - advised i had submitted my SOL on 02/01/2020 and i havent heard anything back - i advise dher i processed my twin sisters on wed morning (she is awful with computers) and she had her SOL back yest morning - the lady said accounts have suspended in error as people had submitted their SOL to early. over the phone said she had just submitted mine and it was processed, i advised her i didn't expect that quick of a resolution and she said it's no problem it only takes 2 seconds - logged back into my account after the call and i have no email or SOL :( not sure does it take awhile or was she full of **** to end the call quick and keep me happy!

That's strange, I wonder did she resubmit it?

I don't think any 2 people have had a similar experience when they've phoned up. Everyone is told different

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

That's strange, I wonder did she resubmit it?

I don't think any 2 people have had a similar experience when they've phoned up. Everyone is told different

The girl I spoke to yesterday told me not to resubmit as it would only delay it further.
    No sign of anything today although they did said by close of business so not sure what time that is. I wonder will they be working through the backlog over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Done mine on Tuesday.

Wednesday cert issued.

Friday refund in my bank account.

• Advertisement

The statement of liability is only a statement as to whether you owe tax or are owed tax. Both you and your husbands earnings for 2019 are available on MyAccount available to send to your bank. Surely that's what your bank are looking for. It's what you earn not what tax you pay drives any lending. Bear in mind this is the first year that P60s are not available. The bank may not actually need a statement of liability. They never had one before. Just double check with the bank.

It’s for the Help to buy scheme who need the statement - not the bank? No help to buy means we can’t go any further than we are - we are entitled to it and need it so it’s one of them catch 22 situations.

Advertisement