Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sailing

Submitted my 2019 on Jan 15th. Still processing.

Submitted my 2018 yesterday and SOL received today. Less than 24 hour turnaround.

Maybe resubmitting is the best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I wanted to resubmit, and attempted to log into ROS and it seems the site is down. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I wanted to resubmit, and attempted to log into ROS and it seems the site is down. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Often goes down from 6-7ish for maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

It’s for the Help to buy scheme who need the statement - not the bank? No help to buy means we can’t go any further than we are - we are entitled to it and need it so it’s one of them catch 22 situations.

I think the question from the poster is why they want to see your p21 as opposed to p60.

It’s for the Help to buy scheme who need the statement - not the bank? No help to buy means we can’t go any further than we are - we are entitled to it and need it so it’s one of them catch 22 situations.

Did you see that you can do this :

Create a Summary of Your Pay and Tax Details: Create a secure document (PDF) with your pay and tax details to share with a third party e.g. a financial institution.

I wonder would that work? It's right on the front screen when you log into Ros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jake2

DankeyKang wrote: »
    I was married in 2019 (refund due as married couple, not as singles) so had to send my refund request through MyEnquiries instead of doing a SOL, is that the only way for me? I'm not holding out hope of getting this any time soon considering it won't be automated.

I did the same waiting since the 1st Jan for a response . Is the only way to do this though my enquiries ? Any point calling them ? I've already called them about another issue on my 2020 tax cert found it a waste of time and a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

rsl1976 wrote: »
    The girl I spoke to yesterday told me not to resubmit as it would only delay it further.

I'm not in any particular hurry for mine but I had to resubmit it today because I copped a minor miscalculation in my health expenses.

I had originally submitted the 2nd January. The message on the site after I resubmitted said it would be 5 days until my SOL would be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

I recieved mine yesterday morning, I submitted mine on the 7th January. I did have to make a few phone calls, and speak to supervisors. The last phone call I had with them I summarised in the enquiries section... which was Revenue do not know what the problem is they don't know how to fix it and they don't know when it will be resolved... I stated that if they felt that it wasn't an accurate summary then i stand corrected. Low and behold I got it following morning... I'm not sure if I was going to get it or did my calls and my enquiry helped... but by the sounds of things alot of people still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Still waiting, submitted on the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Submitted for the first time on the 5th Jan, had disappeared into the black hole along with the other early birds it seemed. Got annoyed waiting so resubmitted yesterday morning and it was in my documents when I checked this evening, money to follow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Submitted on 3rd January for 5 family members and refunds received yesterday. Statement of Liability is not suitable title as most claimants won't have a liability , but a surplus instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

Submitted on 3rd January for 5 family members and refunds received yesterday. Statement of Liability is not suitable title as most claimants won't have a liability , but a surplus instead.

That's a very good point. I wonder is it designed to be intimidating?! (that's the sceptic in me). Yes, balance of tax or something would be more neutral.

Just re-submitted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Elysium1 wrote: »
    That's a very good point. I wonder is it designed to be intimidating?! (that's the sceptic in me). Yes, balance of tax or something would be more neutral.

The title will scare people away from submitting a claim , but maybe that is what the Department want .
    Its well known that out of the million tax payers , only about 10% submit a claim for balancing statement . This suits the Government and they get to keep the amounts not claimed after 4 years .

It should have been left alone and remain as a P21 .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Elysium1 wrote: »

In fairness to Revenue every year they send a SEO out stating that people aren't claiming all they are entitled to. They do interviews on all of the mainstream news stations and they fully explain all of the procedures. Follow on from that you have Charlie Weston, Sinead Ryan and Conor Pope doing the exact same in all of the newspapers.

If people can't be arsed to fill out a few online forms, and in fairness, it couldn't be easier now, they've no one to blame but themselves.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Fann Linn wrote: »
    In fairness to Revenue every year they send a SEO out stating that people aren't claiming all they are entitled to. They do interviews on all of the mainstream news stations and they fully explain all of the procedures. Follow on from that you have Charlie Weston, Sinead Ryan and Conor Pope doing the exact same in all of the newspapers.

If people can't be arsed to fill out a few online forms, and in fairness, it couldn't be easier now, they've no one to blame but themselves.

Ya, they are very open in telling people they might be due money back. People are lazy about these things. Revenue couldn't have made it easier for people yet you still see people on the taxback.com Facebook page asking how to do simple things like claim medical expenses. Madness giving taxback some of your refund when you can do it yourself in a few clicks for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 linsha

How are you guys resubmitting you’re health expenses ? I tried to amend mine in the hope of speeding the process up but won’t allow me as “it’s processing” since 1st January 😡 ? Is there something I’m missing?

The title will scare people away from submitting a claim , but maybe that is what the Department want .
    Its well known that out of the million tax payers , only about 10% submit a claim for balancing statement . This suits the Government and they get to keep the amounts not claimed after 4 years .

It should have been left alone and remain as a P21 .

That’s such a load of rubbish. Revenue are at pains to tell people year after year to claim back tax that is due to them . As another poster said they are on ALL media channels, all newspapers, doing interviews and articles telling people to claim what is due to them . They have made it incredibly easy ! In a few clicks of a button it’s done, you don’t even have to scan in your invoices or expenses (you just hold on to them yourself). 5 days after I submitted my SOL I had over €800 back. A 10 year old could do it . Honestly do not try and day this is the government trying to hold on to your money :rolleyes::rolleyes: !!!

(Yes there seems to be a delay in the early January applications but you WILL get your money if it’s due, just the same way as you get emergency tax back, people need to stop venting and have patience for a few weeks, it they have already spent the money up front more fool them! )

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

People are more annoyed about the response from Revenue as opposed to the actual delay. No one in Revenue seems to know what the actual issue is. My SOL has been showing as available the last 2 weeks yet when I click in to view it it's still processing.
    Frustrating when people who submitted after have got theirs and revenue cannot tell us why.

linsha wrote: »
    How are you guys resubmitting you’re health expenses ? I tried to amend mine in the hope of speeding the process up but won’t allow me as “it’s processing” since 1st January 😡 ? Is there something I’m missing?

My SOL said processing but my tax return underneath it had the option to view or to amend so I amended it and it went through, SOL 24ish hours later

Mine originally went through the 10th, resubmitted it on the 28th and still nothing :)

• Advertisement

That’s such a load of rubbish. Revenue are at pains to tell people year after year to claim back tax that is due to them . As another poster said they are on ALL media channels, all newspapers, doing interviews and articles telling people to claim what is due to them . They have made it incredibly easy ! In a few clicks of a button it’s done, you don’t even have to scan in your invoices or expenses (you just hold on to them yourself). 5 days after I submitted my SOL I had over €800 back. A 10 year old could do it . Honestly do not try and day this is the government trying to hold on to your money :rolleyes::rolleyes: !!!

(Yes there seems to be a delay in the early January applications but you WILL get your money if it’s due, just the same way as you get emergency tax back, people need to stop venting and have patience for a few weeks, it they have already spent the money up front more fool them! )

Yes there was a delay in the early January to no fault of the general public... Revenue were supposed to prevent people carrying out submissions before the 15th, they didn't even say anywhere that you weren't allowed to submit... and yes people probably did spend it before they got it... because as with previous years it was easier and the refund came a few days not 1 month later. I think the Fools here is Revenue not the people waiting for a few pound to pay a bill

thesphinx wrote: »
    Yes there was a delay in the early January to no fault of the general public... Revenue were supposed to prevent people carrying out submissions before the 15th, they didn't even say anywhere that you weren't allowed to submit... and yes people probably did spend it before they got it... because as with previous years it was easier and the refund came a few days not 1 month later. I think the Fools here is Revenue not the people waiting for a few pound to pay a bill

The above may be the case but for posters to claim the term “Statement of Liability” is a scare tactic to scare people from claiming is simply ludicrous! To also say this is done so the Government can hold on to unclaimed monies laughable. People have 4 years to claim a refund.
    If people are waiting on a tax refund to pay bills they’re not very good at budgeting . A tax refund is not income, its not part of a budget, more like a bonus.

I work in an extremely busy area of the Civil Service (not Revenue and not public facing )and staff where I work are pushed to their pin of their collars to meet deadlines . There is often not enough time to update websites and answer calls as customer requests are being processed non stop and that’s the priority.

Revenue are one of the most approachable and helpful government departments of all. It’s full of hard working staff, most of whom are not on huge salaries, certainly not Fools. This is just an incredibly busy time and obviously there has been a glitch in the early January claims being processed, but they are 100% aware of this and people will get their money. Maybe people should submit later in January next year and avoid the madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

At what point can we start charging them interest? They're quick enough to hound you for an underpayment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 linsha

My SOL said processing but my tax return underneath it had the option to view or to amend so I amended it and it went through, SOL 24ish hours later
    Mine won’t let me amend just says it’s in process wait until issued to amend ... thanks for reply though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Lundstram wrote: »
    At what point can we start charging them interest? They're quick enough to hound you for an underpayment.

93 days.

The above may be the case but for posters to claim the term “Statement of Liability” is a scare tactic to scare people from claiming is simply ludicrous! To also say this is done so the Government can hold on to unclaimed monies laughable. People have 4 years to claim a refund.
    If people are waiting on a tax refund to pay bills they’re not very good at budgeting . A tax refund is not income, its not part of a budget, more like a bonus.

I work in an extremely busy area of the Civil Service (not Revenue and not public facing )and staff where I work are pushed to their pin of their collars to meet deadlines . There is often not enough time to update websites and answer calls as customer requests are being processed non stop and that’s the priority.

Revenue are one of the most approachable and helpful government departments of all. It’s full of hard working staff, most of whom are not on huge salaries, certainly not Fools. This is just an incredibly busy time and obviously there has been a glitch in the early January claims being processed, but they are 100% aware of this and people will get their money. Maybe people should submit later in January next year and avoid the madness.

Why should you have to wait... remember this is your money, money you already paid as a tax in the previous year... I also work in the public sector...we have busy periods but we plan for busy periods and they are managed correctly.. Proper planning and communication is key.. It was never a doubt that people weren't going to get their money, it's how it was handled was terrible. For example if you went into a private shop purchased an item and decided to return it... shop says yeah no problem but you won't get your refund today... maybe in a few days or maybe a month...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Revenue tried something new. Good on them. There was bound to be teething problems. I made a claim for myself and some family members. Mine came through in a few days. My families took a few weeks. I never bothered to make contact with Revenue over them. I was happy once they were in progress. Pestering them about these things just makes more work for them. Hopefully next year the process will be more streamlined.

As a side note people shouldn't rely on getting Revenue refunds. You could just as easily owe them money.

As a side note people shouldn't rely on getting Revenue refunds. You could just as easily owe them money.

Only if you don’t understand how your tax liability is calculated and do an estimate beforehand which is quite simple

Only if you don’t understand how your tax liability is calculated and do an estimate beforehand which is quite simple

It is but a lot of people don't seem to be able to work it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Another day and still nothing. Was told last week i would have it by Friday close of business

Advertisement