Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

H_Lime wrote: »
    "Made" them a few yrs back, four sets of self adhesive 5 meter white led strip stuck to lengths of wood hung from the ceiling. They're actually way brighter as I've unplugged a set of them to plug in the halogen tubes in between.
    I did the same over the work bench https://ibb.co/BBfwQ3L
    Tis lovely and bright in there now.

Gotta have a go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

These are inexpensive and superbly bright have them in the garage, its like daylight in there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FG86FZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

goblin59 wrote: »
    has anyone imported a non running bike before?

Got given a frame and the V5c for a bike and going to spend the next while rebuilding it to learn more about bikes.
    And also have another bike

Well I've two to sort out eventually, they're both over 30 years old, so they can't raise a late VRT payment change even if they wanted to as 0.1% per day of zero is well...zero.

The end of the Transition Agreement though might throw a spanner in the works though. I haven't got a straight answer out of Revenue about boxes of bits that were in the State beforehand. I can't take either down to the NCTS as they wouldn't currently qualify as "mechanically propelled vehicles" to even start the registration ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cut a piece of 18mm ply to fit tight inside the lip on the sides of the lift and screwed a wider piece on top just to give me an idea how to get my abba superbike stand to work with the bench.
    It works anyway and it's solid as a rock with both wheels off the ground.

IMG-20201119-183112.jpg

IMG-20201119-183217.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

20% sale in Lee Motorcycles, Cork. Can't see any mention online about it, but applies to helmets, gear, probably only applies to the store so will need to call in, not sure for how long, maybe more details will follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Nice simple solution Blade! Yer sorted so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

blade1 wrote: »
    I'm not a Langer :p
    A Bollox maybe but not a Langer! :pac:

You not from Cork though? :D

You not from Cork though? :D

@#*!*$*! :mad: :pac:

Anyone got one of these?
    Lovely looking bike.
    Wonder what they are like?

Mash 650 xride

mash-xride-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Looks like they are making a repro of the RFVC 650 in the Honda NX/SLR/FMX/XRL even the frame looks quite similar.
    Pity they didn't make this sooner, could have saved a heap of Dommie's from the Cafe Racer /Scrambler cult members..

• Advertisement

Anyone got one of these?
    Lovely looking bike.
    Wonder what they are like?

Mash 650 xride

mash-xride-01.jpg

I do like looking at this:) What is it?

H_Lime wrote: »
    I do like looking at this:) What is it?

They are being sold in Ireland.
    I see it priced at €5595 in some countries.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/amp/news/new-bikes/mash-x-ride-classic-650/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

They are being sold in Ireland.
    I see it priced at €5595 in some countries.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/amp/news/new-bikes/mash-x-ride-classic-650/

Who's selling them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I see the baron has picked up what I think is a 2002 milleR.
    Screenshot-20201122-182931.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Solid anyway.
    Pump is a bit noisy but I suppose its only on for about 15 seconds or so so no biggie.it can also be lifted by foot.
    Very stable.
    It was advertised as 700mm wide but is only 680 so makes my abba stand too awkward to use :mad:

So I must make up something to hold the abba stand.

Sounds worse in video

What size is your shed blade1, if you don't mind me asking? Nice lift. Am considering one myself but just dunno if I want to "spend" the space on it.

Fabio wrote: »
    What size is your shed blade1, if you don't mind me asking? Nice lift. Am considering one myself but just dunno if I want to "spend" the space on it.

My shed is 7m X 4m.

All I'll say about the lift is I'm sorry I didn't get one long ago.
    Did a little light maintenance on a bike yesterday and felt so good to not have to bend down once.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My shed is 7m X 4m.

Did a little light maintenance on a bike yesterday and felt so good to not have to bend down once.

Oooooooo Matron....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

ZIJ0YXE.png?1

listermint wrote: »
    Oooooooo Matron....

Easy Tiger! :eek:

97485473-sexy-young-female-model-in-bikini-washing-motorcycle.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Sponge? Sack her, microfiber mutt, two buckets and snowfoam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

My shed is 7m X 4m.

That's the thing, they really do save yer back.

My shed is 5m x 3m, so a good deal smaller than your one but, having measured it out, I'd easily fit a bench. Door is actually on the "side" so the bike has to turn 90 degrees onto the bench [if I had one]. In that case I'd move the bench to an angle conducive to getting the bike on it and then wheel bike and bench back straight again.

I'm assuming they are wheeled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

Easy Tiger! :eek:

97485473-sexy-young-female-model-in-bikini-washing-motorcycle.jpg

she missed a bit on the bike in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Lads any of you familiar with the KTM shift levers where it's one bolt holding the lever on and you gotta take the lever off and reposition to adjust the height? my old bike had a completely different way of adjustment.

My question is have you had any difficulty getting the lever off the splines when you remove the bolt? my one is not budging at all and I need to lower the position just a bit.

Going to take a heat gun tomorrow to see if that helps to loosen it up maybe there's some lock thread stuff in it.

Hold off on the heat. Give her a lashh with some wd or rost off or whatever ya like yourself.
    Remove the bolt altogether and (if it is like I imagine) use a flat blade screwdriver to g e n t l y pry apart the two camping sides the bolt squeezes together. Give it a wiggle as you do this and she will give.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

If its similar to the BMW lever, WD40 and light tapping to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I spent the last week scratching my head because of the fuel gauge on my new to me KTM 990SM :confused:

It had a mind of its own. I'd fill it up and nothing would change. Then occasionally during my ride it would creep up and then drop down. Couldn't work it out.

536966.png

I was bulling when I just about coasted into a service station in the cold dark night last night on the way home from work. Ready to get on to the shop I bought it from.

"Read the f**king manual" says my missus. OK, but I'm doing this in protest :rolleyes:

ITS A F*CKING COOLING TEMP GAUGE !! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Breezin

That reminds me of the day I picked up my new Interceptor 650. I rode about three miles and saw that the odomoter was reading 30. Not happy -- what was it going to show when I'd done 3,000?

Straight back to the shop, to have the tiny decimal point patiently pointed out to me. Doh! :o

The only consolation was that when I got its first service the workshop made exactly the same mistake -- and actually wrote it into the service record. I felt much better then about my stupidity, but not much better about my confidence in the mechanic. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

D3V!L wrote: »

ITS A F*CKING COOLING TEMP GAUGE !! :o

Now to figure out where the fuel gauge is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

zubair wrote: »
    Now to figure out where the fuel gauge is.

Is it the bars to the left of the funnel? Genuinely can't figure it.

Advertisement