Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Was it Switzerland where the 44Teeth lads got a 4 grand speeding fine?
    It was. Apparently, they are ruthless with speeding and there are speed cameras everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

It was. Apparently, they are ruthless with speeding and there are speed cameras everywhere.

Can confirm speed cameras. It doesn't seem to hold some people back... 50 means 50 in town though.

Went hiking in the Jura today. The drive back down was like Mulholland Drive with all the bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Would anyone be interested in a thread for dash cam motorcycle on Irish roads only. It helps us to know what mistakes we riders make and what terrible drivers are out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭blade1

horse7 wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in a thread for dash cam motorcycle on Irish roads only. It helps us to know what mistakes we riders make and what terrible drivers are out there.

Brave boy :pac:
    Wouldn't be long before boards dash cam committee scrutinises your every move.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is it the 800 or 900cc, what's the story with vibration at high revs, I've just read some reviews about it,

Having owned a 1st gen Hinckley triple and a 3rd gen, I don't know why anyone would think vibration would be an issue (litre twin is another story, but that's "character" :) )

They have a balancer shaft, and you tend to ride them on the torque anyway.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

There have been a few attempts to start one here. I think the only reason they haven't stuck is just lack of regular posts and they quickly disappeared in to page 4 and beyond. Given the motors thread doesn't allow motorbike cams there should be somewhere dedicated to post motorbike cam footage. I'm not commuting much at the moment but before lockdown I would have some forum worthy clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Breezin

zubair wrote: »
    the motors thread doesn't allow motorbike cams

Purely as a matter of interest, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Breezin wrote: »

Seems to just that too less wheels. Mods prerogative.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Recently sold my FZ1. Have a pack of FA380HH sintered brake pads here. Free to whoever wants?

According to Ebay they go into FZ1, R6, R1, MT-10 among others.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=fa380hh&_sacat=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭H_Lime

GBX wrote: »
    Recently sold my FZ1. Have a pack of FA380HH sintered brake pads here. Free to whoever wants?

According to Ebay they go into FZ1, R6, R1, MT-10 among others.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=fa380hh&_sacat=0

Thats fierce good of ya fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Very good of you. If nobody takes them here maybe stick them on adverts and ask for a donation to charity. (Only a suggestion)

I've listed a load of stuff for sale and am asking people to give the asking to Harold's X hospice. A lot of fundraising events didn't happen this year for many charities

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

zubair wrote: »
    There have been a few attempts to start one here. I think the only reason they haven't stuck is just lack of regular posts and they quickly disappeared in to page 4 and beyond.

How about a general video thread (not just on board video) and have the mods make it a sticky thread.

If that makes it too many sticky threads, the planning a trip abroad one can probably go, no posts on it since 2015.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

How about a general video thread (not just on board video) and have the mods make it a sticky thread.

If that makes it too many sticky threads, the planning a trip abroad one can probably go, no posts on it since 2015.

That and the starting out guide thread started in 2013 until recently the last post was Oct 2019, it's just doubling up with the fairly active newbies thread. whether housekeeping is done or not a video sticky thread would be good and hopefully people will also post their own cams too.

Breezin wrote: »

I'll let you come to your own conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Can't stand stickies, wasted real estate, maybe I should post this in the trivial annoyances thread :) Seriously, who fúcking reads them? Theres a search function.

This was here when I came home for lunch yesterday

IMG-20201117-112744.jpg

IMG-20201118-130224.jpg

IMG-20201118-141518.jpg

blade1 wrote: »
    This was here when I came home for lunch yesterday

IMG-20201117-112744.jpg

IMG-20201118-130224.jpg

IMG-20201118-141518.jpg

Ah lovely, well wear. How is it?

H_Lime wrote: »
    Ah lovely, well wear. How is it?
    Solid anyway.
    Pump is a bit noisy but I suppose its only on for about 15 seconds or so so no biggie.it can also be lifted by foot.
    Very stable.
    It was advertised as 700mm wide but is only 680 so makes my abba stand too awkward to use :mad:

So I must make up something to hold the abba stand.

Sounds worse in video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

2 bikes in such a small box. I'm impressed. I wouldn't be happy about it being on it's side though.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    2 bikes in such a small box. I'm impressed. I wouldn't be happy about it being on it's side though.

It's the latest collection from Panini :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭goblin59

has anyone imported a non running bike before?

Got given a frame and the V5c for a bike and going to spend the next while rebuilding it to learn more about bikes.
    And also have another bike

Solid anyway.
    Pump is a bit noisy but I suppose its only on for about 15 seconds or so so no biggie.it can also be lifted by foot.
    Very stable.
    It was advertised as 700mm wide but is only 680 so makes my abba stand too awkward to use :mad:

So I must make up something to hold the abba stand.

Sounds worse in video

Looks squared away, I like it. Must get one some day!
    Could you weld in some lengths of box section across it width ways which are the correct width and bridge them with same thickness bed? It would be a half hrs work to a fella with a mig and some offcuts. Deffo do it as you seem well impressed with the ABBA and it'd be a shame not to have yer cake n eat it after going to the trouble.

Looks squared away, I like it. Must get one some day!
    Could you weld in some lengths of box section across it width ways which are the correct width and bridge them with same thickness bed? It would be a half hrs work to a fella with a mig and some offcuts. Deffo do it as you seem well impressed with the ABBA and it'd be a shame not to have yer cake n eat it after going to the trouble.

Yeah a piece 20mm high so it's level with the lip on the two sides.
    And if I could add an inch to the width on either side.
    It wouldn't even need to be a ft front to back.

Yeah a piece 20mm high so it's level with the lip on the two sides.
    And if I could add an inch to the width on either side.
    It wouldn't even need to be a ft front to back.
    The lad who welded the exhaust perhaps? Be a nice wee nixer, or foxer as ye lagers like to say:)

The lad who welded the exhaust perhaps? Be a nice wee nixer, or foxer as ye lagers like to say:)

I'm not a Langer :p
    A Bollox maybe but not a Langer! :pac:

Saved 9 foot of steel shelving from a skip. All straight and old school sturdy, will be mega when bolted down to the floor/wall and given a lick of paint, chuffed
    IMG-20201111-184409.jpg

Pure steptoe and son!!:)
    https://ibb.co/CQtLRdG
    https://ibb.co/87wF8ZZ
    The above over my bike bench and I hung another one over the work bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Thats feckin class

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

The LED ones look great, much light from them? wouldn't have ever thought of using that.

• Advertisement

"Made" them a few yrs back, four sets of self adhesive 5 meter white led strip stuck to lengths of wood hung from the ceiling. They're actually way brighter as I've unplugged a set of them to plug in the halogen tubes in between.
    I did the same over the work bench https://ibb.co/BBfwQ3L
    Tis lovely and bright in there now.

Advertisement