Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

anyone ever compare shoei x spirit 3 with arai rx7v?

I have tried on rx7v but not an xspirit 3, arai is only 20 quid more, anyone know which is better if any?

moving up from a agv K5 so want something a good bit more premium feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 33,943 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Whichever one fits you better.

Shoeis fit me, Arais don't.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

That story about the lad looking for his dad's old bike resonates with me.

I'm currently riding an 1150GS that my dad ( who died last year) bought brand new when I was 9 and rode til he was knocked off it 7 years later and it was written off. His mechanic bought it from the insurance company and spent lots of years slowly putting it back together. I've had it since August and it means so much to me. Even the fact it's still got his keyring on it is cool!

Hope he finds the Fazer!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭blade1

anyone ever compare shoei x spirit 3 with arai rx7v?

I have tried on rx7v but not an xspirit 3, arai is only 20 quid more, anyone know which is better if any?

moving up from a agv K5 so want something a good bit more premium feeling
    I use Arai ff but besides them and shoei there are others to maybe check out out as well.
    You can get an X-lite carbon fibre for a lot less than an Arai and they are a lovely lid to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I had been using hjc for a few years myself but the last one I bought I was very disappointed with ,there quality seemed to have dropped a bit.
    I am currently using a shoie the quality comfort and reduced noise is worth the extra money spent, never had an arai myself,but never heard any bad reports about them

• Advertisement

Whichever one fits you better.

Shoeis fit me, Arais don't.
    True enough whatever fits best. I've not got an extreme head, nothing doesn't really fit me
    blade1 wrote: »
    I use Arai ff but besides them and shoei there are others to maybe check out out as well.
    You can get an X-lite carbon fibre for a lot less than an Arai and they are a lovely lid to wear.
    I am looking at the shoei for 490 euro or arai for about 20 more. I have seen the x lites very nice and cheap but they get reports of being very loud, trade off of being so light I'd say. I was nearly going to buy one till I read about the noise
    ZX7R wrote: »
    I had been using hjc for a few years myself but the last one I bought I was very disappointed with ,there quality seemed to have dropped a bit.
    I am currently using a shoie the quality comfort and reduced noise is worth the extra money spent, never had an arai myself,but never heard any bad reports about them
    I don't know anyone who has a shoei so will have to try one on in a shop somewhere, they get very good reviews. A lot of people I know have hjc and like them too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The Arai wont be the quietest either.
    Do you wear earplugs?

blade1 wrote: »
    The Arai wont be the quietest either.
    Do you wear earplugs?

I do yeah but I have to wear them, if I dont even for 10 mins my ears are ringing for the day

Had a go on a 2016 Honda cbr 650 while doing the progression ibt, and it was very quiet, think it's just my windscreen is at absolutely the worst level and puts air straight into my face

Be cheaper to get a double bubble first to see would that be more quiet

Helmetcity have those x lite carbon helmets very cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Would any of you guys know the cause of the following to be either a faulty brake light switch or faulty wiring?

When i press the foot brake the brake light has a tendency to stay on, i have to either press it repeatedly or move it back up very slightly with my foot for it to go off, no issues at all with the front brake.

From a google search it can be the switch, just said i'd ask here as well in case any of you have ever experienced something similar.

Would any of you guys know the cause of the following to be either a faulty brake light switch or faulty wiring?

When i press the foot brake the brake light has a tendency to stay on, i have to either press it repeatedly or move it back up very slightly with my foot for it to go off, no issues at all with the front brake.

From a google search it can be the switch, just said i'd ask here as well in case any of you have ever experienced something similar.

Switch connected to your break leaver for foot break is sticking , spray with w d 40,and pull the spring a few times should do the trick,it may need to be adjusted also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Spray the switch with electric cleaner spray then grease it with Silicone spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It probably just needs a slight turn in the adjuster screw. Normally found behind the lever itself.

ZX7R wrote: »
    Switch connected to your break leaver for foot break is sticking , spray with w d 40,and pull the spring a few times should do the trick,it may need to be adjusted also
    listermint wrote: »
    Spray the switch with electric cleaner spray then grease it with Silicone spray.
    zubair wrote: »
    It probably just needs a slight turn in the adjuster screw. Normally found behind the lever itself.

Thanks guys,appreciate that, it's sticking alright.

Will give it a shot of WD40 tomorrow.

Excellent bike weather yesterday, bit cold but still got away with my perforated gloves

Arrived in tullamore and we were treated strangely, guided to a certain place to park by men in hi vis, went into a hotel for lunch and were told there was an area reserved for us, turns out we arrived 30 mins before a charity ride out was due!

As we were leaving they were all arriving in, oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Will give it a shot of WD40 tomorrow.

It's a fairly common problem on a lot of bikes, esp this time of the year when the switch is getting all sorts of crap thrown up onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I find GT85 much better than WD40 personally, WD doesn't actually do much apart from wash dirt out, but as far as lubrication goes GT85 is much better.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I find GT85 much better than WD40 personally, WD doesn't actually do much apart from wash dirt out, but as far as lubrication goes GT85 is much better.

smells nicer too

Has anyone got one of these on their bike? i wouldn't intend on having a tank bag merely using it to cover the tank from scratches.

https://www.xlmoto.ie/bagster-tank-protector-suzuki-v-strom-6501000

Has anyone got one of these on their bike? i wouldn't intend on having a tank bag merely using it to cover the tank from scratches.

i have one simaular, on my varadero cant fault them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Have Them on both my bikes. No fault here either.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

We've discussed electric bikes a bit around here, and for the most part I really like the idea of them. Mileage (so far) appears to be better, much lighter and cheaper to run.

With that said though, something about Harley Davidson making electric bikes really bothers me. A Harley needs to be loud and obnoxious. It's literally the main reason people buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Sonics2k wrote: »
    We've discussed electric bikes a bit around here, and for the most part I really like the idea of them. Mileage (so far) appears to be better, much lighter and cheaper to run.

With that said though, something about Harley Davidson making electric bikes really bothers me. A Harley needs to be loud and obnoxious. It's literally the main reason people buy them.

Totally agree ! The one thing I love about the bigger HD's is the sheer lack of rider aids and the raw feeling you get from a big V-Twin.

Sonics2k wrote: »

Did they stop making Petrol Bikes ?

When!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Pet peeve as it happened on the way home to Monaghan from Galway and on the way back up. Pull up to the toll booth, get the gloves off and fidget through the wallet to get the Euro out in what seemed to take an eternity.. put it in the basket, "remaining 90 cent - wut??" turn around to notice a car practically on my back wheel.

Pet peeve as it happened on the way home to Monaghan from Galway and on the way back up. Pull up to the toll booth, get the gloves off and fidget through the wallet to get the Euro out in what seemed to take an eternity.. put it in the basket, "remaining 90 cent - wut??" turn around to notice a car practically on my back wheel.

69495.JPG

Clipped around the throttle cable, stick a euro in, no messing at the toll booth

The car was trying to get through on your toll but the system was wise to it.

That exact **** happened to me a few weeks ago. Had my €1 all ready to go, threw it in and then noticed the remaining 0.90c requirement. Turned around and some wan was right up my arse and had the audacity to honk at me like it was my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

What do you do in that situation?

• Advertisement

Thankfully I had another €1 in fairly easy access, but it involved taking off one glove. I left the ****e sitting their for a few minutes while I got it sorted.

Advertisement