Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

listermint wrote: »
    Trump

We won’t weather that storm for another 2 years minimum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,943 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cian_ok wrote: »
    A pinlock insert will usually only last 2-3 years. The seals dry out.

My last lid was nearly ten years old when I replaced it :eek: and the pinlock was fine.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Cian_ok wrote: »
    A pinlock insert will usually only last 2-3 years. The seals dry out.

Remove pinlock and cover seal in washing up liquid leave over night, wash and rinse the next day , the seal will be good as new.
    Just to add visor cleaner is very crosive to pinlock seal never clean visor with this while pinlock is attached

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Sent away for the Full A today after doing the progression module. Mucky day for it but still very enjoyable

Sent away for the Full A today after doing the progression module. Mucky day for it but still very enjoyable

Was it as long as a standard day of IBT? You planning an upgrade?

• Advertisement

Was it as long as a standard day of IBT? You planning an upgrade?

It is 11 hours, I did the car park stuff a few weeks ago and the rest of it today.

Cant think of anything to upgrade to, next step is gsxr 750 but cant get insured on that till I'm 25. Still very happy with the sv650

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

BBC- 1 now....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

BBC- 1 now....

What was on?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    What was on?
    Air ambulance ni and the flying doctor

About dr John Hinds getting the air amulances.

Very good documentary & RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Air ambulance ni and the flying doctor

About dr John Hinds getting the air amulances.

Very good documentary & RIP

I had just taken my son to see his first racing. We were in the medical area with my brother when the news came through that Doc John had died.

First of all despite their grief the team never missed a beat for the entire day. Complete professionals they put off their grieving until after the days racing, as a soldier who has been on service when a friend was killed I was in awe of their professionalism.

Next day my son told me he wanted to buy a motorbike, I nearly crapped myself.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Its a red Fazer, nothing unique about it to be honest. I know it has sentimental value to the person looking for it but unless the tax office are going to tell him where it is then he has zero chance of finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

D3V!L wrote: »
    Its a red Fazer, nothing unique about it to be honest. I know it has sentimental value to the person looking for it but unless the tax office are going to tell him where it is then he has zero chance of finding it.

Are you in a bad mood or something....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Sh1t bike lol

The reg would have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

zubair wrote: »
    Sh1t bike lol

The reg would have helped.

This man gets it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

This is the actual text

"Hi all,

(Hope admins don’t mind me posting this)

I’m looking for a bit of help to find my dads bike pictured below it’s a red Yamaha fzs 600 fazer reg is 01-c-11124 I’ve been in contact with the tax office and they confirmed its still registered in Ireland. I have all his insurance paperwork for the bike at home.

My dad passed away in 2002 after a short battle with lung cancer. Before he died the bike was sold I was only 4 when he passed but I still have memories of being on his bikes with him. Any help would be grateful I’m really looking to get the bike back home. If anyone knows any details of the bikes whereabouts please get in contact with me.
    Thanks."

I doubt if I sold my bike tomorrow and got another one, that my 7 year old would have any memory of the sold bike, just that I had had *A* bike. This is memory retconned into a photograph (sees photo, "oh yeah I remember that"..) but hell if it makes him feel better it'd still be nice if he could track it down - but wouldn't any red Fazer do the trick?

My dad's old Austin 1100 with the carpets that smelled of Rothmans would be a great memory of him but it got scrapped!

Life ain't always empty.

I doubt if I sold my bike tomorrow and got another one, that my 7 year old would have any memory of the sold bike, just that I had had *A* bike. This is memory retconned into a photograph (sees photo, "oh yeah I remember that"..) but hell if it makes him feel better it'd still be nice if he could track it down - but wouldn't any red Fazer do the trick?

My dad's old Austin 1100 with the carpets that smelled of Rothmans would be a great memory of him but it got scrapped!

He’s shared it very heavily across both radio & social media. From posts put up the tax expired on it in 2012 and it’s had a total of 4 owners and is not listed as scrapped or exported.What would someone charge for such a bike in that position? The person who now has it might be retaining it because they now have a sentimental attachment to it.

We had an 81 & 89 Fiesta at home years ago, I’d love both back myself but again they are scrapped.

Just got the confirmation email for my A test.

December 19th at 11:30am in Ballincollig, Cork. Gonna be an absolute balls to get that time booked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I presume because it's something his dad owned and loved.

And he wants that attachment to him

Can completely understand

• Advertisement

I presume because it's something his dad owned and loved.

And he wants that attachment to him

Can completely understand

People are making the point that because the tax is so long out (September 2012) it might not be around any longer, unofficially that is, officially there is still a record of it. The moped I have had no tax since 2011.

I really hope he can find it and the current owner will agree to sell it to him unless they have sentimental attachment themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

People are making the point as to why does he want it...

And wouldn't any red bike do.

Clearly they are losing what is significant to the guy.

D3V!L wrote: »

Tax office can’t legally tell him where it is for data protection reasons. A guard is the next best bet, I think the guy knows someone who knows a guard or something similar.

People are making the point as to why does he want it...

And wouldn't any red bike do.

Clearly they are losing what is significant to the guy.
    I’m guessing his father bought that bike new in 2002 and passed away in 2002. There’s 2 bikes I had before that I’d love to buy back for sentimental reasons, tax expired on 2006 & 2013 respectively, I tried but nothing was forthcoming, I had no pictures though so hopefully young Adam gets to bring it home.

Just got the confirmation email for my A test.

December 19th at 11:30am in Ballincollig, Cork. Gonna be an absolute balls to get that time booked off.

What date did you apply? I’ll be the new year at this stage so.

What date did you apply? I’ll be the new year at this stage so.

The actual test is on the 19th of December

The actual test is on the 19th of December

Yeah but you applied around September was it?

Yeah but you applied around September was it?

4th September I applied. Need to get on to one of the IBT lads in Cork to get a bike for the test.

Would be worth asking for a less inconvenient date. There must be loads of cancellations at that time of year.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

4th September I applied. Need to get on to one of the IBT lads in Cork to get a bike for the test.

Give the guy on the southside next to the dog track a bell, excellent reviews on Facebook.

Advertisement