Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

DM_Punk wrote: »
    Is this likely to sell out fast?
    Sold out 6 months ago in 24 hours mate

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Burty330 wrote:
    Got re-directed to seat wave which looks like a legal ticket touting service. wtf is going on here?

Free market!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Burty330 wrote: »
    I didn't think Slane sold out. Went to get a few tickets and found out they sold out in 24 hour.
    More accurate to say tickets were no longer available for sale rather than sold out.

More tickets will likely be released, if not you should be able to get them easily enough on the likes of toutless, possibly for below face value. You can check old threads to see what really happens. Eminem also was a slane gig that sold out but plenty were going below face in the days coming up to it.

Several already being sold on toutless
    https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26742

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Sold out 6 months ago in 24 hours mate

Tickets went on general sale 9th December, 3 months ago and he posted that on the 6th December, before they went on sale :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Anybody know if there are any buses going from Waterford City or Kilkenny city e.g. Bus Eireann or other??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

Plenty of tickets currently on toutless:

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26742&start=45

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Plenty of tickets currently on toutless:

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26742&start=45

€312 for 2 printed tickets currently sure sure :o

They'll be back on ticketmaster soon too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

€312 for 2 printed tickets currently sure sure :o

They'll be back on ticketmaster soon too :D

That's Gold Circle. There's plenty of general admission ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

sabrewulf wrote: »
    That's Gold Circle. There's plenty of general admission ones too.

I know I was more about the format they are in, personally would'nt go with print offs certainly not €300 ones. Have found when selling tickets in the past it seems to be a regular question if they are hardcopy or not so it isn't just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I won't buy tickets unless they are hard copy.... even then i'd be skeptical

• Advertisement

Not 100% about this so someone please correct me and/or add info.

I believe card/hard tickets with no names on them are safest, i.e. bought in cash at kiosks/outlets. If there are names on them and the full 6.85 fee then they will have been bought online, these can be cancelled by the seller and they are either sent new ones in the post, or collect them on the day at the box office. Who arrives first on the day is irrelevant, the barcode is changed and the original ones are detected as lost/stolen/cancelled.

I am not sure about paying by card at kiosks/outlets, years ago they would put your name on them, and I am not sure if there is any comeback if they are lost.

The londis near me only accept cash. They could still be counterfeited of course, but not as easy as the cancellation trick.

If getting hard tickets bought online I would ask for the full intact tickets, including address and receipt printed on dummy tickets. Scammers would not want you getting their address.

rubadub wrote: »
    I believe card/hard tickets with no names on them are safest, i.e. bought in cash at kiosks/outlets. If there are names on them and the full 6.85 fee then they will have been bought online, these can be cancelled by the seller and they are either sent new ones in the post, or collect them on the day at the box office. Who arrives first on the day is irrelevant, the barcode is changed and the original ones are detected as lost/stolen/cancelled.

I am not sure about paying by card at kiosks/outlets, years ago they would put your name on them, and I am not sure if there is any comeback if they are lost.

The londis near me only accept cash. They could still be counterfeited of course, but not as easy as the cancellation trick.

If getting hard tickets bought online I would ask for the full intact tickets, including address and receipt printed on dummy tickets. Scammers would not want you getting their address.
    Simple solution - don't lose the tickets.

How hard can it be to retain possession of said tickets until the day of the gig?. From my own experience its pretty easy.

Anyway ,there's tickets back on ticketmaster website. . I just checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Anyway ,there's tickets back on ticketmaster website. . I just checked.

For the €89 gGeneral Admission tickets, you are redirected to Seat wave....
    Actually if you click into any of the choices , you are redirected to Toutwave ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    For the €89 gGeneral Admission tickets, you are redirected to Seat wave....

Ticketmasters are selling VIP tickets for 250 a pop.

You pay close to that for general admin ticket on seatwave /touless

Simple solution - don't lose the tickets.
    my post was about people potentially being scammed.

The safest way to buy tickets from a third party, not the safest way to buy them incase you are prone to losing them.

Dodgy scam sellers can sell them, report them lost in the post and get new ones issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭corm500

Any word on the rest of the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Anyone here going to uk date get their tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

PucaMama wrote: »
    Anyone here going to uk date get their tickets yet?

no heard they will be send out in April

no word on the support line up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Going to fly out on an early flight on the 15th June from Dublin as I'll will be up for Aerosmith on the 14th June. I heard London city airport is the handiest airport for the area I'm staying but the flights are very expensive for there, so I'm aiming to fly into stansted

Staying in the Ruskin Arms hotel which is about 40 min drive from the stadium

Ha i'm doing the same trip with Aerosmith too! Booked London City airport flights directly from cityjet was cheapest after shopping around.

I've done this journey a few times and would defo recommend if you haven't booked to fly into London city airport and staying near the stadium. The airport trains to that area are pretty long and expensive. GN'R don't play late anymore though so you won't have the late after concert trying to get home problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Pretty convinced the support will be pretty lame given it's sold out and no word yet.

Not fair though - we should get a decent support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Pink11 wrote: »
    Pretty convinced the support will be pretty lame given it's sold out and no word yet.

Not fair though - we should get a decent support.

Faith No More would be great , again :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pink11 wrote: »
    Ha i'm doing the same trip with Aerosmith too! Booked London City airport flights directly from cityjet was cheapest after shopping around.

I've done this journey a few times and would defo recommend if you haven't booked to fly into London city airport and staying near the stadium. The airport trains to that area are pretty long and expensive. GN'R don't play late anymore though so you won't have the late after concert trying to get home problem.

Flying into standsted leaving Dublin at 6.30am on the 15th June. A problem for me is getting from the 3arena too the Airport after the Aerosmith show (I have too bring my backpack with my stuff for London too Aerosmith)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

greenspurs wrote: »
    Faith No More would be great , again :D

They were great when they supported Black Sabbath in Hyde Park, far better than Soundgarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭corm500

Who should be on the bill?

Alice in Chains
    Faith No More
    Eddie Vedder
    Steel Panther
    Wolfmother
    Black Star Riders

Who will be on the bill

Coronas
    Kila
    Jerry Fish
    Brush Shiels
    My little funhouse
    Some band who won a radio competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

So is anyone camping? I am tempted seeing as it is a nite-mare to get to Slane.. If anyone has camped in recent years can you advise on what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

We're booked in to camp. Seems to be the easiest option. I am mildly disabled so the standing for all the hours at the concert will be enough on my decrepit body without adding in hours of walking to and from Slane Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

nikkibikki wrote: »
    We're booked in to camp. Seems to be the easiest option. I am mildly disabled so the standing for all the hours at the concert will be enough on my decrepit body without adding in hours of walking too and from Slane Castle.

Ya I think it sounds like the best option. Have you any idea which site is best?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Ya I think it sounds like the best option. Have you any idea which site is best?

No idea where's best but I am booked into Slane Farm Hostel Cotteges and Campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

nikkibikki wrote: »
    No idea where's best but I am booked into Slane Farm Hostel Cotteges and Campsite.

Booked in to this place too. Stayed there for the Foo Fighters a few years ago and it was brilliant,tent to arena in 20 mins or so and the same after the gig. Completely changed my outlook on Slane as a concert venue having experienced a few clusterfcuks in previous years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Also booked into Slane Farm Campsite. Seems like an absolute no-brainer!

Few beers on the Friday evening and then same again Saturday in the build up with only a short stroll to the castle!

Hopefully the weather plays ball now....

Advertisement