Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

corm500 wrote: »
    The emphasis on Slane support acts has all but disappeared. When you look back at the Slane linups from the 80's and 90's todays announcement is very poor.

No rush to go in early .....
    Very lacklustre ..... The gig is 'sold out' so why bother with a stellar lineup ... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 21,274 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Imo that's a quality support slots there. Out of all the European gigs, only biffy are bigger than Royal Blood (the darkness ain't near what they were in the glory days), but under Biffy is just meh! Mark lanegan is a great addition, but could get a bit lost in a big field. Not his fault though.

I had to sell my tickets for other reasons, but I'd be very happy with that lineup. Don't think could really expect anyone bigger. Royal Blood did 2 olympia sellouts last time after only 1 album, a new one on the way too!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lateconnection

Good support lineup, I was hoping we would get The Cult, Lenny Kravitz and Wolfmother like they did in the USA, but still good. Looking forward to it anyway.

Is there any chance that more support acts could be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Xenji wrote: »
    London have got The Kills and Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown, they are meant to get 1-2 more as well, happy with The Kills though, they are great live.

Where did you here they will be more support added to the London shows ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ciantheod wrote: »
    Royal Blood WILL be savage , Mark Lanegan is excellent too but might be lost in such a big arena , no clue who the other crowd are , will look them up .Hey could be worse Switzerland show has The Darkness LOL :D

The Darkness would suit this a lot better IMO great live band.

Mark Lanegan is decent but outdoors especially if raining could be rightly miserable.

Royal Blood have a lot of hype behind them but I never caught on, I'd give them a chance.

It's a reasonable line up that's about it worse was expected to be honest given it's sold out Bressie never got the call there is that. Look what London were lumped with...

• Advertisement

Is there any chance that more support acts could be announced?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭derryvella

So is anyone camping? I am tempted seeing as it is a nite-mare to get to Slane.. If anyone has camped in recent years can you advise on what to expect.

Anyone please recommend a decent tent that won't break the bank but keep us dry?:confused:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tyler Bryant in London

Absolute dirt that band seemingly get on big shows due to Brad Whitfords son being in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The Darkness would suit this a lot better IMO great live band.

Mark Lanegan is decent but outdoors especially if raining could be rightly miserable.

Royal Blood have a lot of hype behind them but I never caught on, I'd give them a chance.

It's a reasonable line up that's about it worse was expected to be honest given it's sold out Bressie never got the call there is that. Look what London were lumped with...

I saw a poster online with Killing Joke on the bill and I got my hopes up for a few minutes. I think I'll be hanging out on the fringes until GNR arrive, Lanegan will probably be singing nailed to his cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Seanachai wrote: »
    I saw a poster online with Killing Joke on the bill and I got my hopes up for a few minutes. I think I'll be hanging out on the fringes until GNR arrive, Lanegan will probably be singing nailed to his cross.

Was hoping for Killing joke myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

derryvella wrote:
    Anyone please recommend a decent tent that won't break the bank but keep us dry?

There's one in Halfords for €84 that I am looking at. A 4 man tent, should get some use out of it afterwards too. I'll spray it in waterproof spray to be on the safe side. Sorry I can't post links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Absolutely delighted with Royal Blood! Have been wanting to catch them since I had tickets for their Olympia gigs (and subsequently couldnae go).

I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to Lanegan and Otherkin so will have to Spotify the bejaysus out of them.

I Assume Royal Blood will be the ones on just before GNR?

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted with Royal Blood! Have been wanting to catch them since I had tickets for their Olympia gigs (and subsequently couldnae go).

I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to Lanegan and Otherkin so will have to Spotify the bejaysus out of them.

Lanegan was in Screaming Trees, done a lot of QOTSA work, and Gutter Twins (with Greg Dulhi of Afghan Twigs). I imagine the set will be solo based, so new album along with some of Bubblegum and Whiskey for the Holy Ghost amongst others. I love the Methamphetamine Blues ep myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

No its otherkin (pretty sure I read that somewhere) and well deserved as well,anyone who caught those whelans shows late last year knows what I mean. Also with the lead singer Luke hailing from Slane town its the stuff of dreams for them.

derryvella wrote: »
    Anyone please recommend a decent tent that won't break the bank but keep us dry?:confused:

A bit antisocial, no pain the a**e poles though :P

54wwgh.jpg

No its otherkin (pretty sure I read that somewhere) and well deserved as well,anyone who caught those whelans shows late last year knows what I mean. Also with the lead singer Luke hailing from Slane town its the stuff of dreams for them.

Otherkin will open the day, then Lanegan into Royal Blood before Guns. Unless they add more bands in at the start of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Mushy wrote: »
    Otherkin will open the day, then Lanegan into Royal Blood before Guns. Unless they add more bands in at the start of course.

Emma 🔮‏ @appetite_of_gnr 18h18 hours ago
    More
    Final opening act is @OtherkinOK which means Slane is gonna be savage

I took this tweet to mean they would be the last support act on but prehaps I have misinterpreted it ..would make sense that Royal Blood would have a higher billing.

Mushy wrote: »

Emma 🔮‏ @appetite_of_gnr 18h18 hours ago
    More
    Final opening act is @OtherkinOK which means Slane is gonna be savage

I took this tweet to mean they would be the last support act on but prehaps I have misinterpreted it ..would make sense that Royal Blood would have a higher billing.

I can see where the confusion would arise. Just logically royal Blood will be last act before GNR. I'd still agree it must be the stuff of dreams for the singer, being from Slane and on the bill must be great!

Seanachai wrote: »
    A bit antisocial, no pain the a**e poles though :P

54wwgh.jpg

😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

derryvella wrote: »

This is handy pop up for the likes of a festival, i have one. Once it dosnt lash you will be ok. The inside net is a bit close to the outer liner alright.
    To keep dry in Ireland youd want HH2-3000mm
    Ill bring my one as you literally pull it out of the bag and let go... six pins and you done:D

Edit: be nice if i included the link....
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/gelert-quickpitch-3ds-pop-up-tent-783027?colcode=78302716

• Advertisement

This is handy pop up for the likes of a festival, i have one. Once it dosnt lash you will be ok. The inside net is a bit close to the outer liner alright.
    To keep dry in Ireland youd want HH2-3000mm
    Ill bring my one as you literally pull it out of the bag and let go... six pins and you done:D

Edit: be nice if i included the link....
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/gelert-quickpitch-3ds-pop-up-tent-783027?colcode=78302716

Looks good. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 54,043 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

selling my Ireland Gun N Roses GoldB ticket on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Halfords had a 2 man tent for 20 euro when I was there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Headshot wrote: »
    selling my Ireland Gun N Roses GoldB ticket on adverts

Excuse ignorance but what's a goldb ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,043 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Excuse ignorance but what's a goldb ticket?

mVgsgYb.png

Wasn't gonna go as Slane etc, but won money on tonight's football...

Went on TM...GA tickets back on sale (as I said they would) so pulled trigger. Roll on...

Headshot wrote: »
    mVgsgYb.png

It's a special zone where there is a much higher chance of being covered in other people's sweat and you can get a crick in your neck gazing up at the band at a 45° angle. If you're a pervert you have a reasonable excuse for pressing up against strangers though, so every cloud......

A quick question for anyone who's frequented the Slane Farm Campsite before for any gigs.

I was thinking of borrowing the sprinter van from work and chucking a mattress in the back, rather than having to put up a tent (added benefit of not worrying about rain). Do you think this sort of 'make-shift' camper van would be frowned upon or are they fairly laid back about the whole thing?

I do have a tent in the shed (unopened since EP 2012), but the cat has made it into a bed of sorts at this stage.:(

Wasn't gonna go as Slane etc, but won money on tonight's football...

Went on TM...GA tickets back on sale (as I said they would) so pulled trigger. Roll on...

Just had a look there for a mate of mine who missed out on tickets but it's saying only Gold Circle A left now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

A quick question for anyone who's frequented the Slane Farm Campsite before for any gigs.

I was thinking of borrowing the sprinter van from work and chucking a mattress in the back, rather than having to put up a tent (added benefit of not worrying about rain). Do you think this sort of 'make-shift' camper van would be frowned upon or are they fairly laid back about the whole thing?

I do have a tent in the shed (unopened since EP 2012), but the cat has made it into a bed of sorts at this stage.:(

I stayed there for the Foo's s couple of years ago,pretty sure I seen a few people with the type of set up you're talking about. Can't see it being a problem but you can mail them or message them on FB to ask

Advertisement