Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Le Bruise wrote:
    Few beers on the Friday evening and then same again Saturday in the build up with only a short stroll to the castle!

I'm trying to think of a way of keeping my beer cold enough to be drinkable on Saturday! I've yet to buy a tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Also booked into Slane Farm Campsite. Seems like an absolute no-brainer!

Few beers on the Friday evening and then same again Saturday in the build up with only a short stroll to the castle!

Hopefully the weather plays ball now....

Booked in also. Hopefully it will be secure there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Also booked into Slane Farm Campsite. Seems like an absolute no-brainer!

Hopefully the weather plays ball now....

I think everyone with tickets for the gig is hoping the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

nikkibikki wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of a way of keeping my beer cold enough to be drinkable on Saturday! I've yet to buy a tent!

Yup, that's the age old conundrum of field drinking alright!

A cool box with ice blocks/packs would get the beers through to Saturday AM. The post gig night-cap might then have to be a nice bottle of red (in honour of Duff in his hay day)!;)

Buy a coolbox and fill it with ice before heading up - did that for Foos when they played - Ice cold beer from Friday lunchtime to Saturday night and there was still plenty ice left on Sunday morning as well.

• Advertisement

Buy a coolbox and fill it with ice before heading up - did that for Foos when they played - Ice cold beer from Friday lunchtime to Saturday night and there was still plenty ice left on Sunday morning as well.

Here's hoping! Will need a few beers to sleep both nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

freeze your beers before you go too!

Here's hoping! Will need a few beers to sleep both nights!

Tried and tested method for me - 2/3 bags of ice from a supermarket does the job very nicely.

Ice cold breakfast beers and a breakfast roll from the food van on site are pretty good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Ice cold breakfast beers and a breakfast roll from the food van on site are pretty good :-)

You're selling it well Midleton Thai!:)

You're selling it well Midleton Thai!:)

It's the simple things that make for the more pleasant experiences in life!

Being able to pitch your tent next to the care does of course make for a much more pleasurable experience over the weekend! No lugging gear for miles into the campsite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Strongly thinking of camping now, as i heard the buses that ticket shops run are a nightmare to find etc. Can you walk to the site from the campsite or is there shuttle buses?
    Could be a boards mini festival :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,042 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys how are the reviews of the tour so far?

Strongly thinking of camping now, as i heard the buses that ticket shops run are a nightmare to find etc. Can you walk to the site from the campsite or is there shuttle buses? Could be a boards mini festival

Walking distance!

Headshot wrote: »
    Guys how are the reviews of the tour so far?

Reviews have been positive, haven't seen a negative one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

any word on support acts yet, usually slane gets a few decent ones but not this time I reckon

any word on support acts yet, usually slane gets a few decent ones but not this time I reckon

Nothing about support announced yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Get a cooler box and fill it with ice packs and ice. Should keep the beers chilled. Although if its as cold as it was on the Friday night of the Foo Fighters Slane gig then you won't need a cooler box you can just leave them outside

threein99 wrote:
    Get a cooler box and fill it with ice packs and ice. Should keep the beers chilled. Although if its as cold as it was on the Friday night of the Foo Fighters Slane gig then you won't need a cooler box you can just leave them outside

And then they'd be robbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Support Acts
    Otherkin
    Mark Lanegan
    Royal Blood

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Support Acts
    Otherkin
    Mark Lanegan
    Royal Blood

bit underwhelming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Support Acts
    Otherkin
    Mark Lanegan
    Royal Blood

Decent enough. I've never seen Royal Blood live, but their debut album is pretty good.

At least it's not the usual Blizzards/Coronas

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We have the kills and Tyler Bryant in London

Never heard of any of them

Only knw Royal blood from the Slane line up

Support Acts
    Otherkin
    Mark Lanegan
    Royal Blood

Delighted with Royal Blood, Otherkin are a great addition too

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Decent enough. I've never seen Royal Blood live, but their debut album is pretty good.

Seen them supporting the Foo Fighters and they are pretty awesome live. They get amazing sound considering they are a two piece

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Royal Blood WILL be savage , Mark Lanegan is excellent too but might be lost in such a big arena , no clue who the other crowd are , will look them up .Hey could be worse Switzerland show has The Darkness LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Pete Moss wrote: »

Are the acts above confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

kfrp wrote: »
    Are the acts above confirmed?

Otherkin have confirmed on their Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

ciantheod wrote: »
    Royal Blood WILL be savage , Mark Lanegan is excellent too but might be lost in such a big arena , no clue who the other crowd are , will look them up .Hey could be worse Switzerland show has The Darkness LOL :D

I'm gutted we didn't get The Darkness. They rule live.

Goin to see them in Manchester later this year, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭corm500

Support Acts
    Otherkin
    Mark Lanegan
    Royal Blood

The emphasis on Slane support acts has all but disappeared. When you look back at the Slane linups from the 80's and 90's todays announcement is very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

London have got The Kills and Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown, they are meant to get 1-2 more as well, happy with The Kills though, they are great live.

Advertisement