Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Still can't get over how good Estranged is live. Highlight of the show for me on Saturday.

Or "Enstrangled" as the gentleman beside me called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Still can't get over how good Estranged is live. Highlight of the show for me on Saturday.

Or "Enstrangled" as the gentleman beside me called it.

Highlight of Slane was Night Train
    Highlight of London - Estranged by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Killing joke support them tonight in Gdansk ...wanted that in Slane!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

500ml cans of Red Stripe for 5.50 was a better deal then the dodgy draught beer as you were getting 400ml or lower at the London show.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Glad I went to London Friday night and got another show in. Worth every penny.

Axl's voice was on fire. Highlight for me was a strange one... Live and let die! What a tune live.

Service in London was CRAP. the staff were slow and didn't give a crap, were not stocked up. I just wanted to grab some waters halfways through the show & it took forever! (it was SO humid over there).

Depressed now. What are chances of them coming back again to Europe next year? Croke Park? Aviva maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Pink11 wrote: »
    Axl's voice was on fire. Highlight for me was a strange one... Live and let die! What a tune live.

I thought the gunshots kind of ruined the buzz off the "bangy bits" of the song. I think having seen Maca do it with Fireworks for each bang can of took away from it.

Still an unreal performance of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Glad I went to London Friday night and got another show in. Worth every penny.

Service in London was CRAP. the staff were slow and didn't give a crap, were not stocked up. I just wanted to grab some waters halfways through the show & it took forever! (it was SO humid over there).

Depressed now. What are chances of them coming back again to Europe next year? Croke Park? Aviva maybe?
    Id love to see them again

Looking at how this tour is going, I can well see them coming back next year. It's what they've done in America, they do different legs taking in different cities and areas.
    This Euro tour has a lot of places missing, so I think they'll do a second Euro leg next year.

Aongus Young joined Guns on stage last night in Germany and played Whole Lotta Rosie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Aongus Young joined Guns on stage last night in Germany and played Whole Lotta Rosie.

Was watching it live on FB, looked awesome, Axl was in his element!!

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »

Was watching it live on FB, looked awesome, Axl was in his element!!
    He looked great, so impressed with him since London

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

PucaMama wrote: »

Yeah he's been quite Impressive as have all the band since the reunion started

If they decided too call it quits at the end of this tour and go out on a high I would be disappointed but happy all the same

New music doesnt bother me as much as it does some people on the GNR forums

PTH2009 wrote: »

Yeah he's been quite Impressive as have all the band since the reunion started

If they decided too call it quits at the end of this tour and I go out on a high I would be disappointed but happy all the same

New music doesnt bother me as much as it does some people on the GNR forums

Unless it's like the old guns n roses stuff I'm not bothered with a new album. The only reason I'd want one is so they tour again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

The lucky b@stards. Was hoping for Angus Young to show up in Slane given it was the first show in Europe or even a AC/DC song.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Unless it's like the old guns n roses stuff I'm not bothered with a new album. The only reason I'd want one is so they tour again.

It could be a mix of everything old GNR/Chinese Democracy/Slash solo stuff etc

They could take 2018 off from touring and spend it in the studio. They might release a new greatest hits album/ new album of material and tour it in 2019/20

It's hard too knw they could easily continue touring into 2018 and play another Euro leg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It could be a mix of everything old GNR/Chinese Democracy/Slash solo stuff etc

They could take 2018 off from touring and spend it in the studio. They might release a new greatest hits album/ new album of material and tour it in 2019/20

It's hard too knw they could easily continue touring into 2018 and play another Euro leg

Not a hope that's gonna happen, let's not kid ourselves here, this reunion is purely about the money, no way would they take 2018 off.

Plan is, i reckon, tour 2017 as solo GnR dates, playing stadiums around the world to 60-100k per night, then next year hit the lucrative festival slots with the odd solo GnR show.

Any recording/writing will be done on the road and then finished (if they record at all), at the tail end of 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I reckon they could bang out an album pretty quick.
    They surely have a lot of unpublished material from the 90's or ideas they had back then.
    Wether they can remember the stuff now or if Axl hasn't lost the keys to that big (imaginary?) Vault of Guns goodies that is supposedly stashed somewhere is a different matter tho.

Advertisement