Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    When did they do Slither??

They haven't done Slither..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

may 16th 1992 was the day of my communion. my dad (who is a huge gnr fan) jumped on his motorbike and flew to slane just to get memorabilia for me and my sister as a token gesture because he couldnt go.
    so i'd say for the next ten years or so i heard about how i stopped them from seeing gnr and what an annoying little fcuk i was.
    my dad is fairly immobile now and needs a walker to get about the house, he still blares gnr fairly regularly to my mams dismay!
    rang ticketmaster this morning and thank the gig fairies, i managed to secure two accessible tickets for me and my dad :D
    i genuinely get choked up thinking about being able to right the wrong that i caused 25 years ago! roll on xmas day when i can tell him and lift the roof off the house with some gnr :D

on a side note; did anyone else know that the "carer" doesnt pay for their ticket?! could not believe it when the girl on the phone told me i only needed to pay for dads ticket! sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

That's such an amazing thing to do we'llallhavetea! Sounds like a fab Christmas present.

I think with carer tickets etc it depends on the gig and the venue. It's great when carers are catered for though!

That's such an amazing thing to do we'llallhavetea! Sounds like a fab Christmas present.

I think with carer tickets etc it depends on the gig and the venue. It's great when carers are catered for though!

ah i just cant bloody wait, i cant wait to rock with my dad! hope to feck theres a crap support act because i think the best way to do it will be to go in later to shorten the day for him. and hoorah for designated daddy driver :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hojphotography

Are the general tickets sold out already on ticketmaster?? for fuks sake! Are the SoundCeller selling them does anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I bought mine earlier this evening so general admission were still available then?

On a side note, I'm SO excited for this. Never thought I'd get to see a quality Guns lineup in my lifetime. Cannot wait for May 27 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

I cant believe yous have paid so much..

One of the coolest bands in the world, back then, IMO, ah well.. It brings a tear to my eye. And duff retweeted the pre-sale all night... :(

My heroes one time.

I cant believe yous have paid so much..

One of the coolest bands in the world, back then, IMO, ah well.. It brings a tear to my eye. And duff retweeted the pre-sale all night... :(

My heroes one time.

i'm running on the past hero buzz, everything will be ok, what we've got here is a failure to communicate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

i'm running on the past hero buzz, everything will be ok, what we've got here is a failure to communicate

Haha.. And that's cool. Enjoy it man

I thought they were cooler than this is all. ☺️

Sleeping in some garage writing appetite.. Amazing stuff.. And now.. Ah well.

I think now though they are the polar opposite of why we all love them.

Haha.. And that's cool. Enjoy it man

I thought they were cooler than this is all. ☺️

Sleeping in some garage writing appetite.. Amazing stuff.. And now.. Ah well.

I think now though they are the polar opposite of why we all love them.

i know what you mean. axel is a tool now, slash is still cool as **** though!
    listening to them now and the thoughts of hearing paradise city live by gnr is giving me chills. i think thats what it is, everyone wants to hear the greats live, everyone wants hear guns and fcukin roses live. it may be one of the best gigs we ever witness in our lives because of the huge part their soundtrack played in our lives.

or it could be bleh

but the hope!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Stats have come out to say GN'R have sold 1 million tickets across europe already. Amazing!

Obviously it's a pain that ticket prices in general have risen for ALL concerts and acts across the last few years BUT...

Why shouldn't a REUNITED guns n' roses charge the same as everyone else? Axl and Slash are both performing amazing and it's a miracle they are talking... not to mention on stage together. I'd rather pay 93euro to see a proper gn'r line up over Taylor Swift or ED Sheeran in croke park.

Duff's twitter (and slashs') are run by their management. Of course they'll have promotion messages pushing it out. Don't confuse the two. These guys haven't had to talk to the media and look at how much hype they've caused! It's amazing. No one even knows how they went from HATING each other, calling each other 'cancer' to being back on stage doing a world tour! I'm even thinking a new album could come out after this. They have lots of songs they never finished.

People slagging off Axl? Axl is a completely different person now. He had a very hard time when he was younger and was a demon to deal with I'm sure but he went away and got himself sorted. He's coming out on time, singing great, way more laid back and smiles the whole way through shows. Clearly enjoying every minute, give them a break. They are older and wiser.

You also have to remember this is one of the ONLY ways for bands to make money (and merch!). No one buys music anymore.

For me personally seeing GN'R at Slane will be magical and it's a dream come true. Love that they are doing the same venue as their epic and STILL talked about 1992 show. I can't wait!

may 16th 1992 was the day of my communion. my dad (who is a huge gnr fan) jumped on his motorbike and flew to slane just to get memorabilia for me and my sister as a token gesture because he couldnt go.
    so i'd say for the next ten years or so i heard about how i stopped them from seeing gnr and what an annoying little fcuk i was.
    my dad is fairly immobile now and needs a walker to get about the house, he still blares gnr fairly regularly to my mams dismay!
    rang ticketmaster this morning and thank the gig fairies, i managed to secure two accessible tickets for me and my dad :D
    i genuinely get choked up thinking about being able to right the wrong that i caused 25 years ago! roll on xmas day when i can tell him and lift the roof off the house with some gnr :D

on a side note; did anyone else know that the "carer" doesnt pay for their ticket?! could not believe it when the girl on the phone told me i only needed to pay for dads ticket! sound!

Brought a tear to my eye. I hope you and your Dad have an amazing time.

My friends and family are coming along too in May which really increases the excitement for me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

tickets sold out already ?

And whats this seatwave malarky ? Are ticketmaster actively enabling touting ?

basically ensuring ticketmaster flog all their tickets to punters who ultimately take the risk that they'll get stuck with them if they dont get an above value sale.

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There'll be loads of tickets available in July

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

MadYaker wrote: »
    There'll be loads of tickets available in July

Bet ya there won't be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Mushy wrote:
    Bet ya there won't be

How much?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Mushy wrote:
    Bet ya there won't be

How much?

I'd bet a million and I could win it. Gigs in May, won't be a ticket for it in July :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭garrettod

If they really sold out that quickly, then whats the odds of a second gig ?

... isn't that often what happens when gigs sell out so quickly and lets face it, these lads are doing these gigs for the money, not out of boredom.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

garrettod wrote: »
    If they really sold out that quickly, then whats the odds of a second gig ?

... isn't that often what happens when gigs sell out so quickly and lets face it, these lads are doing these gigs for the money, not out of boredom.

na forget about a second gig. one night only and tickets will be reasonably handy to come by week of the gig

Bit odd that people can't get tickets, but they haven't announced its sold out. There'll be more on sale at some point, and people will be selling them in the run up too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Mushy wrote: »
    Bit odd that people can't get tickets, but they haven't announced its sold out. There'll be more on sale at some point, and people will be selling them in the run up too!
    Exactly..no Sold Out announcement..are they concerned about the amount of tickets on Seatwave so have suspended General Sale for a bit..Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone who buys tickets too Slane off seatwave for over the odds needs there heads checked

Expecting tickets to be plentiful in the weeks leading to the concert. Might be production tickets etc released when the final stage measurements are confirmed

Support bands for the tour will prob be announced in March/April. hopefully there to the calibre of the US support bands for last summer Eg AIC, Cult, Billy Talent etc

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There was something a while back, Billy Duffy said The Cult would be on the European tour opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

according to mcd facebook its sold out

80k tickets gone before any support act announced in a tiny country like Ireland is impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Goose81

What's the consensus then, through my laziness and presuming they wouldn't sell out for a while didn't bother booking. Should I fork out now through seatwave for whatever price or wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Goose81 wrote: »
    What's the consensus then, through my laziness and presuming they wouldn't sell out for a while didn't bother booking. Should I fork out now through seatwave for whatever price or wait?

Definitely wait. Big gigs like this there will either be a re release of tickets or people selling them genuinely closer to the gig. Oasis at slane sold out in an hour and my mate got a ticket for €40 the day before it. Hang tight and keep checking like of toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There was something a while back, Billy Duffy said The Cult would be on the European tour opening.

The Cult are a class act, new album is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys.

I have a a spare ticket for Gun N Roses Slane, section GA1
    Selling it for face value €96.35

drop me a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Would love to see Faith no More supporting again as it's the 25th anniversary of 92...

Advertisement