Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

My tickets arrived this morning, presale tickets with Nightrain. They only state Gold Circle on them. Looking forward to this as it is my 25th anniversary since being to Slane, my first was Lizzy in '81.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

rednik wrote: »
    My tickets arrived this morning, presale tickets with Nightrain. They only state Gold Circle on them. Looking forward to this as it is my 25th anniversary since being to Slane, my first was Lizzy in '81.
    That's not clever, including the barcode and serial number. All you need is a printer and a good story and arrive before you.

That's not clever, including the barcode and serial number. All you need is a printer and a good story and arrive before you.

Removed. Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Why on earth did you quote the image in your post then?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

So how many here are heading over to the London show on the Friday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I am, I seen a few other posters say they were too. Still have to book flights and hotel but i'll wait. Going Thursday - Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Me and a friend are. Over early Friday morning back Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 of us heading over

Current plan- I'm going to Aerosmith in the 3arena on the 14th June and going to head straight to the airport after it and fly out on the early flight to London on the 15th and then fly back the Saturday evening

Staying in the Ruskin Hotel (€217 for twin room for 2 nights, it's about a 30-45 min drive from the stadium)

Flying over on the Thursday, GNR on the Friday and Rainbow in the 02 on the Saturday. Coming home on the Monday. I am lucky enough to have a family member living in London whom I can stay with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Me and boyfriend are going Thursday-Saturday

• Advertisement

A good few heading over so. I'm staying in the Kip Hotel(mentioned before by someone else i think) only because I'm not familiar with London and its near the public transport system. It will be the first time I'm heading to a gig by myself or even heading away by myself so a tiny bit anxious! I suppose there will be late public transport the night of the gig? I know Axl has started getting professional with his times as of late but ya never know!

Did anyone recieve their London tickets yet? I was hoping to have them for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dancor wrote: »
    Did anyone recieve their London tickets yet? I was hoping to have them for Christmas.

Not yet.

Not yet :(

Not me either

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Might be too late now, but if people want to give them as presents they could print out confirmations, maybe on decent card or something, even print up a fake joke version or something.

Did anyone get their London tickets yet

PucaMama wrote: »
    Did anyone get their London tickets yet

Nope!

Just checked the order status:
    Your tickets haven’t been dispatched just yet…
    Please keep checking back here for updates, or you can check our helpdesk for up to date dispatch info.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Any word on support acts?

Nothing in the media

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to fly out on an early flight on the 15th June from Dublin as I'll will be up for Aerosmith on the 14th June. I heard London city airport is the handiest airport for the area I'm staying but the flights are very expensive for there, so I'm aiming to fly into stansted

Staying in the Ruskin Arms hotel which is about 40 min drive from the stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

kfrp wrote: »
    Any word on support acts?

Nothing in the media

Probably will be closer to the tour kicking off before supports are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I heard London city airport is the handiest airport for the area I'm staying but the flights are very expensive for there, so I'm aiming to fly into stansted

Expensive? Cityjet flight out the Thursday is not much over €20, Stansted is grand to get to there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I'm considering the whole camping thing for GNR at Slane, just to avoid the pain of getting out to the buses that evening.

Apparently at Slane Farm Campsite you can head up the night before and park right beside the tent as well. Has anyone any experience of doing this for previous gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I'm considering the whole camping thing for GNR at Slane, just to avoid the pain of getting out to the buses that evening.

Apparently at Slane Farm Campsite you can head up the night before and park right beside the tent as well. Has anyone any experience of doing this for previous gigs?

Thats the best site to stay in. You're literally a 5-10 minute walk to the concert entrance. Bring as much beer/food as you need as there's no official off-licence in the village and you won't be able to get in to the village the morning of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Thats the best site to stay in. You're literally a 5-10 minute walk to the concert entrance. Bring as much beer/food as you need as there's no official off-licence in the village and you won't be able to get in to the village the morning of the gig.

Ah cheers for that Wile E. It does seem like a good option to avoid the traffic and make it into a mini festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Ah cheers for that Wile E. It does seem like a good option to avoid the traffic and make it into a mini festival!

It's the only way to do it. Avoid the madness of the traffic and enjoy a great weekend of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So are they playing any Irish festivals.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭spindex

Surely you can walk into the village from the campsite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

spindex wrote: »
    Surely you can walk into the village from the campsite ?
    Slane village is closed on concert day. Its like a post apocalyptic wasteland for 48 hours. Bring your own food, booze etc and try smuggle some in. The amenities in the venue itself are similar to the darkest corners of Burundi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I didn't think Slane sold out. Went to get a few tickets and found out they sold out in 24 hour.

Got re-directed to seat wave which looks like a legal ticket touting service. wtf is going on here?

Advertisement