Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Do these camping sites ever sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

D.Q wrote: »
    Do these camping sites ever sell out?

They would have a finite capacity so I'd imagine the answer would be yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I stayed there for the Foo's s couple of years ago,pretty sure I seen a few people with the type of set up you're talking about. Can't see it being a problem but you can mail them or message them on FB to ask

Thanks yellowledbetter, should be fine but I'd best give them a holler just in case. Would be fairly annoying to get there ready to crack into some tinnies, only to be turned away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sly rax

Has anyone here been to a recent slane concert in the gold circle, just a bit curious as to how it works, I presume you can go to and fro to bars, merch stands and food stands and toilets etc and get back into the gold circle, do you need to show your ticket to get back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Sly rax wrote: »
    Has anyone here been to a recent slane concert in the gold circle, just a bit curious as to how it works, I presume you can go to and fro to bars, merch stands and food stands and toilets etc and get back into the gold circle, do you need to show your ticket to get back in?

The normal procedure is that you'd get a special wristband which allows access to the Golden Circle area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

PTH2009 wrote: »
    PucaMama wrote: »
    Anyone here going to uk date get their tickets yet?

no heard they will be send out in April

no word on the support line up yet
    Tickets still not here should I be worried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi guys, heading to gig from Dublin, and looking at options. Should I drive? What’ll the drive out of the place be like? Getting the bus could be better?

What about camping?

I’m an auld dude, so won’t be going haywire on the liquor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

I'm also wondering about driving as may not make it up the night before due to work. Will it actually be possible to get near the place in a car on the day or is it shut off for only buses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Also, I am hearing rumours that backpacks are not aloud into Slane? I usually like to have a bag with spare toilet paper, jacket/plastic mac in case it rains etc...basic essentials for a day in a field!!

Anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

frag420 wrote: »
    Also, I am hearing rumours that backpacks are not aloud into Slane? I usually like to have a bag with spare toilet paper, jacket/plastic mac in case it rains etc...basic essentials for a day in a field!!

Anyone know what the story is?

Wait until MCD put out a Slane FAQ, should be out soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi guys, heading to gig from Dublin, and looking at options. Should I drive? What’ll the drive out of the place be like? Getting the bus could be better?

What about camping?

I’m an auld dude, so won’t be going haywire on the liquor.
    I'm also wondering about driving as may not make it up the night before due to work. Will it actually be possible to get near the place in a car on the day or is it shut off for only buses?

i'm pretty sure buses will be given priority, we live in Trim and will be getting the Donie Quinn shuttle bus (1 every 20mins from midday), why not park in Trim for free and get the shuttle bus, easy to get to trim from Dublin, no concert traffic, free parking in trim then an even easier drive home from trim as again, no concert traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Are there any pubs in Slane accessible on the Saturday ? The FA Cup final KO at 5.30 has thrown a spanner in the works

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know what time it's over just wondering will it be possible to be back in Heuston Station by 9pm for last train home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Anyone know what time it's over just wondering will it be possible to be back in Heuston Station by 9pm for last train home.

GnR will be onstage around 8pm ....
    So, i doubt it, unless you leave after a couple of songs ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's always possible to be back for the last train alright but you might as well not bother going, you d probably wanna be leaving Slane round 7ish for that train, 8 at the latest. You d miss most of the band's at that including gnr

I'll tuff it out just when I seen the start time as 2pm thought they might be on earlier than 7/8.

I'll tuff it out just when I seen the start time as 2pm thought they might be on earlier than 7/8.

Afraid not, that's probably when the place opens, wouldn't be surprised if the first band starts round 4ish. Organise accommodation in Slane or maybe better still Dublin

Yea might borrow a couch in dublin want to get out of slane once it's over.

Yea might borrow a couch in dublin want to get out of slane once it's over.

Stay in Dublin then, best option to be honest. Tons of buses out of Slane after the gig but large crowd means slow exit. Book bus to Dublin prior to gig

No chance of it being over by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The pro 12 final is on in the Aviva stadium the same day so hotels in Dublin may be even harder too get

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Afraid not, that's probably when the place opens
    Yeah, just opens at 2pm to milk people for overpriced pints.

However if you do image searches for slane timetables some acts were on far earlier than I would have expected.

Eminem.png

tickets said gates at 3pm, wonder if there was some issue that year.
    BCRQH4VCYAAU1Ia.jpg

Bon_Jovi_live_at_Slane_Castle_2013_public_information_and_safety_notice_music_scene_ireland.jpg

rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, just opens at 2pm to milk people for overpriced pints.

However if you do image searches for slane timetables some acts were on far earlier than I would have expected.

Eminem.png

tickets said gates at 3pm, wonder if there was some issue that year.
    BCRQH4VCYAAU1Ia.jpg

Bon_Jovi_live_at_Slane_Castle_2013_public_information_and_safety_notice_music_scene_ireland.jpg

Ham Sandwich a side, what an awful line up that was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

threein99 wrote: »
    Ham Sandwich a side, what an awful line up that was :D

That would have been a messy crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Anyone would have any clue how to get from Dunshaughlin to Slane and back once concert ends?

Cheers.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The pro 12 final is on in the Aviva stadium the same day so hotels in Dublin may be even harder too get

No chance of them showing that on the big screen pre-GNR I suppose??:P

Leinster do play 'Welcome to the Jungle' when running out on the pitch so there is a tenuous link...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Le Bruise wrote: »
    No chance of them showing that on the big screen pre-GNR I suppose??:P

Leinster do play 'Welcome to the Jungle' when running out on the pitch so there is a tenuous link...:D

I remember the 1st September 2001, Big screen in Slane, Orange wave in Lansdowne road and Jason McAteer sent the crowd ballistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

My mate might have pulled out, where would one be be able to sell a ticket ?

Seve OB wrote: »
    I remember the 1st September 2001, Big screen in Slane, Orange wave in Lansdowne road and Jason McAteer sent the crowd ballistic.

Yup, I was at that one too. Will never forget the goal for as long as i live.

Awesome atmosphere...only to be brought back down to earth by Nelly Furtado (or was it Moby by that time of the day?) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Yup, I was at that one too. Will never forget the goal for as long as i live.

Awesome atmosphere...only to be brought back down to earth by Nelly Furtado (or was it Moby by that time of the day?) :(

I forgot Moby was on that day. Was a bit of a blur really, lots of drinking was done to celebrate I'm sure. I do remember loosing all me mates though and making my way back to Dublin on my own having a great sing song on the bus with a load of strangers!!!

I remember the previous week better with the Chilli Peppers, that was class.

Advertisement