Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Keithlaird

wiz1001 wrote: »
    You seem to be forgetting that the guys washing some of their money through property also have other legitimate business so it is nowhere near as black and white as you are trying to make out and actually as it is very difficult to prove or disprove either way if you have built/renovated a property yourself, it is true that the materials bit is trickier however a significant cost of any build or renovation is the labour costs. If you had a new house with the majority of building materials legally accounted for, CAB would struggle to get that asset as long as you could prove you had enough income for most of the materials that were used. In a lot of CAB cases they get many assets but not always the main dwelling which on paper is legit or at least legit enough.

On a slightly different note from main dwellings criminals have used the property renovation rouse for years to wash some of their money, a lot of Liverpool criminals have huge property portfolios from buying wrecks with their own funds and then renovating the wrecks with the proceeds of crime. Think I read somewhere the Monk had a decent property portfolio in Ireland before he sold up and started in the property game overseas. The practice has been common as muck (or tanning salons) with those with cash to wash.

Don't know of any heads doing up property to put their cash through these days in Liverpool I know a fair few who did years ago and make plenty off their properties.
    After POCA nothing is in their names, they have networks think like signature living and certain property developers.. always helps to have the council in hand too.... but pubs, clubs etc used to be easiest way.
    With property development too you don't always need the building to get completed to make plenty off the venture... for instance new chinatown in liverpool...
    Estate agents where useful a few years back for gettin $$ through and for those into canna farms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Keithlaird wrote: »
    Don't know of any heads doing up property to put their cash through these days in Liverpool I know a fair few who did years ago and make plenty off their properties.
    After POCA nothing is in their names, they have networks think like signature living and certain property developers.. always helps to have the council in hand too.... but pubs, clubs etc used to be easiest way.
    With property development too you don't always need the building to get completed to make plenty off the venture... for instance new chinatown in liverpool...
    Estate agents where useful a few years back for gettin $$ through and for those into canna farms

Spot on about Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

John_D3 wrote: »
    Originally it would have along with Noel Duggan who was killed in the feud. Though when the ceasefire came a lot who left the provisionals took on the fags game, like Grew etc. Which could connect The Monk to the New Ira. Provisionals make to much money through legitimate business like pubs, taxi ranks, property etc for all they need. Barr and flatcap would have had links to the reals before they all came under the new name of the new ira.

Provisionals wouldn’t get involved in anything like that to much to lose, look at what happened with Paul Quinn when SA done that, still coming back to haunt them, also was a spilt after Davidson was murdered in Belfast. Few tops heads left and took retaliation on there own as the provos wouldn’t sanction it themselves as to much to lose politically.

Regancy was a big operation, big numbers involved on the day maybe 10+ also weapons supplied. Id say he needed help out and it was the NIRA

Ive heard many theories but why was Paul Quinn really killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭beerbellybob

sorry if off topic but whats the story on this one?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47650488

apologies if its been addressed in this thread.

why was he killed?

cant imagine how his kid will have a normal life after this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

sorry if off topic but whats the story on this one?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47650488

apologies if its been addressed in this thread.

why was he killed?

cant imagine how his kid will have a normal life after this.
    Picking up yer kid in a big fancy car ; Basically bragging about how well you were doing from selling drugs was the opposite of Smart. This may well lead to a short life , ended violently = to send a message that flouting your drug selling success may be very bad for your health.

Advice to Drug Gangsters = Keep a low profile or death may come as an earlier surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

A interesting podcast with Mick the hack,. it's about an hour long.

https://play.acast.com/s/eddiesedge/68ea6bfc-66c9-46d0-8868-6f661457b703

Afew takeaways from it,

There's three major Irish criminals involved in massive drug importing to Ireland , my guess, that would be the penguin, kinahans and ...........?

The regancy.was a failure in intelligent for the gardai due to austerity, even though every crime hack had said there was going to be trouble at the clash of the clans.

Forgot about the attempted hit in November 2015 at the red cow, Mick says it was an attempt on "cancer", other hacks says it was an attempt on "tango".

Wasn't the suspected shooter of David Byrne, the suspected shooter in that incident, after a relative was presented to hospital in Dublin 2 weeks after Jamie Moore was shot in Spain.

He also mentioned about the provos supplying the guns or involved to some degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Leggy in the pub, tell me more :), was it a senior member of the Dublin kinahans crew who done the leggy on orders from above?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/shooting-dublin-pub-lower-mount-st-1646928-Aug2014/%3famp=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Ph was shot for Jamie Moore shooting not tango attempt
    Big must be other dealer of 3

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Big write up in the star about 16 murders big is supposed to involved in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

https://twitter.com/IsFearrAnStar/status/1255027746125885440?s=19

Gives the different names... some I would never have put with him..

He had nothing to do with deccie Smith anyway
    What other bull**** names in it?

Just reading about the Keith Fitzsimmons shooting and he had nothing to do with that
    Keith was shot standing talking to a group of lads and the group had been in a row earlier in pub with another group,the shooting was revenge
    Are they saying big was in that row then shot at group later?
    Seems highly unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

I didnt think he had anything to champagne johnny or sean mc Mahon..

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    I didnt think he had anything to champagne johnny or sean mc Mahon..

He was good pals with git zambra who was in the frame so its an easy link to make

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/IsFearrAnStar/status/1255027746125885440?s=19

Gives the different names... some I would never have put with him..

What a pile of ****e. I'm surprised they didn't tie him to a few other deaths. Tupac, John Lennon, Michael Collins, Bambi's mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

...he was spotted on the grassy knoll too

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Gardaí make arrest in Willie Maughan and Anna Varslavane murder case
    https://www.thejournal.ie/willie-maughan-anna-varslavane-arrests-5085760-Apr2020/?utm_source=email

https://www.thejournal.ie/willie-maughan-anna-varslavane-arrests-5085760-Apr2020/?utm_source=email
    Guy in 50s.not CP so
    Also arrested previously about guns and ammo in the compound too
    Obviously the guy with the property in his name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DarkRacen89

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Just reading about the Keith Fitzsimmons shooting and he had nothing to do with that
    Keith was shot standing talking to a group of lads and the group had been in a row earlier in pub with another group,the shooting was revenge
    Seems highly unlikely

Yeah think big and wawa are pals.
    Who was the shooter here? Would have thought wawa retaliated. Did anymore ever come of it?

Any names? Said on the radio he was in his 50s, and was arrested in January in connection with arms find in Gormanstown. CP couldn't be in his 50s, unless the radio got confused with section 50, which wouldn't be unusual.

No names unless charged

1. Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭anplaya27

Keith was shot standing talking to a group of lads and the group had been in a row earlier in pub
      with another group,the shooting was revenge
      Seems highly unlikely

Blast from the past. I actually knew Keith to see, not well, but I met him a few times. He was actually at that time going out with my younger sisters best friend. He was up visiting his mam when he bumped into a group of lads he knew and was standing having a chat with them when someone shot him dead. He had nothing to do with the row that happened earlier. Wrong place at the wrong time. RIP.

2. Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Carioco wrote: »
      I was wondering why I was seeing small time lads suddenly living in Panama and Colombia living it up..

Also there was a Wexford man who disappeared in Colombia recently, apparently they sent videos of him being tortured to his family. I'm surprised there wasn't more about it in the media.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-dad-missing-colombia-feared-dead-family-receive-gruesome-ransom-videos-drug-cartel-174248

Was his missus not in the papers recently saying it was a hoax and hes over there shacked up with a young one?

3. Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

Was his missus not in the papers recently saying it was a hoax and hes over there shacked up with a young one?

Haha thats gas.

I just read the garda had no plans to liaise with Colombian authorities so obviously you're right.

4. Registered Users Posts: 38 The enlightened one

Guy in 50s.not CP so
      Also arrested previously about guns and ammo in the compound too
      Obviously the guy with the property in his name

Interesting that they should make an arrest in that case. All these years later, but just at a time when the former members of the CP/MacG gang, who now hate them, are being locked up. Some might think that certain individuals are now "singing like a bird"...

5. Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Described as an 'English' in the IT and The Journal.

Yeah, course he is...:rolleyes:

6. Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2020/0428/1135436-galway/ . Wonder what republican group / gang is this ? Or it’s hardly the Provo’s ?

7. Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

brady12 wrote: »
      https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2020/0428/1135436-galway/ . Wonder what republican group / gang is this ? Or it’s hardly the Provo’s ?

Hardly, seeing as how they have been on a ceasefire for the last 23 years.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

8. Advertisement
    9. Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Any particular personal gripe PC had with KMW, bar the obvious links to rival faction and what happened to RC? Reports of other incidents, petrol bombings, threatening of relatives etc. ?

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement