Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Pipmae wrote: »
    Watch this space. About 10 Garda cars just bolted up the M1 towards Drogheda - about half of them unmarked. They just past me at exit 7.

After stopping a white audi at carrickdale armed guards and all loads of psni heading to the border at cullaville now also

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's boggling that the guards mounted a 1 million 12 week 24/7 operation to save his life, some peoples lives are worth more than others in the eyes of the law.

I was astoinished too that they put so much resources into it myself. But I think it has to be seen against the back drop of the political atmosphere at the time back in 2017- the feud was out of control, public anger was rising at how ineffective the Gardai seemed to stop it and Enda Kenny was visiting Sherriff Street making promises.

One thing though- AFAIK this is the first case in gangland where the Gardai have used bugging devices. They must have broken into the cars to do that and then left them in such a way that there was no evidence of a break in. Its the first time Ive heard of Gardai doing that and tbh I didnt think they had the capability.

It also begs the question are Gardai bugging the houses of gangland players whenever they have an opportunity to search them with a warrant. It hasnt yet been heard of but it could be a game changer seeing as bugging their burner phones is ineffective.

John_D3 wrote: »
    Much info on the 2.5million coke snatch yesterday, three arrested

RTE just reported that the 2.5m of coke was destined for Drogheda and the north east so it sounds like it might have been a delivery for the Maguires. Whoever it was for thats a shed load of coke lost, there'll be trouble ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Muahahaha wrote: »
    RTE just reported that the 2.5m of coke was destined for Drogheda and the north east so it sounds like it might have been a delivery for the Maguires. Whoever it was for thats a shed load of coke lost, there'll be trouble ahead.

Can't imagine that much was just for the north east

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Can't imagine that much was just for the north east

Dundalk drogheda south monaghan parts of meath and cavan? Id imagine it would yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

I was astoinished too that they put so much resources into it myself. But I think it has to be seen against the back drop of the political atmosphere at the time back in 2017- the feud was out of control, public anger was rising at how ineffective the Gardai seemed to stop it and Enda Kenny was visiting Sherriff Street making promises.

One thing though- AFAIK this is the first case in gangland where the Gardai have used bugging devices. They must have broken into the cars to do that and then left them in such a way that there was no evidence of a break in. Its the first time Ive heard of Gardai doing that and tbh I didnt think they had the capability.

It also begs the question are Gardai bugging the houses of gangland players whenever they have an opportunity to search them with a warrant. It hasnt yet been heard of but it could be a game changer seeing as bugging their burner phones is ineffective.

They bugged the Mc Loughlin brothers from Galway a few years ago and got them a nice sentence... put the bug in there cars and heard all about deals they were doing as far as I can remember... I'd say there doing it all the time... sure they used to always say the real reason they never put phone blockers in the prisons was because the guards were listening to a lot of the calls from the prisons

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

Was looking at a lot of unsolved murders and came across this can remember it vaguely anyone know who was involved or what it was over pretty strange going on down in the sticks https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/bodies-found-on-cavan-lake-island-in-search-for-missing-men-1.1809810

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Cops here have been bugging cars and homes for years.they have the know how and powers from the troubles
    They don't not often use it in court more for info
    I remember reading we are second only to US in terms of cops bugging

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    They bugged the Mc Loughlin brothers from Galway a few years ago and got them a nice sentence... put the bug in there cars and heard all about deals they were doing as far as I can remember... I'd say there doing it all the time... sure they used to always say the real reason they never put phone blockers in the prisons was because the guards were listening to a lot of the calls from the prisons

Remember that one well. That was 2012 & they got 9 years. Out now I'd imagine.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/two-galway-brothers-jailed-for-nine-years-for-membership-of-criminal-organisation-26863494.html

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

I think they bugged that Sinn Fein lad Jonathan Dowdall's car for that waterboarding case a few years back, they apparently recorded the Monk talking about the regency on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lfcni86

I think they bugged that Sinn Fein lad Jonathan Dowdall's car for that waterboarding case a few years back, they apparently recorded the Monk talking about the regency on it

Video going around Wats app, guy in balaclava saying 2 more executions will be coming to bfast in next 24 hours, apparently from Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

Lfcni86 wrote: »
    Video going around Wats app, guy in balaclava saying 2 more executions will be coming to bfast in next 24 hours, apparently from Limerick

Who in Limerick would be after anyone in Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Who in Limerick would be after anyone in Belfast?
    I saw something on fb some fella taking the piss with his mates wearing a balaclava and a handgun, his mrs was saying it was a joke but has went viral. Might be that

EDIT: I just watched the video, it’s nobody from Limerick. A joke between friends with someone putting on a very poor accent lol

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Lfcni86 wrote: »

There goes the notion of surprise.

Who owns these W groups? Is it just enemies and allies all in one big group chat? Notifications all hours of day and night. What a head wreck and psychos able to ring you after.
    It's good to talk. Not.

rodmn2377 wrote: »

Didnt know about that one. I suppose they could be bugging all around them but not have a need to use it as evidence in court so we dont know the full extent of it.

Regards blocking mobile phone signals in prisons I read a few years back that its not possible under current EU law. If any country did it then the big telecom companies would take a case and injunct it in the meantime. That might change in the future but as said its also valuable source of info for the Gardai listening in on conversations out of prisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lfcni86

kotou2 wrote: »
    There goes the notion of surprise.

Who owns these W groups? Is it just enemies and allies all in one big group chat? Notifications all hours of day and night. What a head wreck and psychos able to ring you after.
    It's good to talk. Not.

Don't know I just got it sent to me, although poster above has said it's just a prank

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

Heard that story before, doubt any truth behind it though they did have links both were investors in the boxing club Corinthains

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Heard that story before, doubt any truth behind it though they did have links both were investors in the boxing club Corinthains
    They Def got mink talking about regency,dowdall drive him up north after it
    Read it multiple sources at time
    Monk is like DK and be arrested on sight

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

kotou2 wrote: »
    Being Coolock lads, if I remember they working for PK but they maybe dipping into money collected, so to teach them a lesson they were killed. Or PK just into rage.

Went to Cavan area where PK lived, they were told to collect, from a SA gangsta but he was the trap.

Similar to Kavs that were dipping, then clipped near Cat n Cage.

The SA gangster was that guy with the wonky eye, he used to work 21s. Last I heard he was up working somewhere in Navan.

I heard from someone he chopped someones fingers off, he just muscle though I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

That whistleblower used to always have a dig at Sinn F, all the time. Bit strange if PH was over that account and his brother linked with one of there councillors and taking lifts from him.

The story goes, that the hutch crew had the backing of the ra, but they **** themselves or were paid off after the regancy, knew the retaliation would be brutal because of byrne been taken out.

There's nothing to suggest patsy was the first whistleblower, or even that they had evidence of the monk talking about the regancy when with Johnathan to drive him to the north, stuff like that is told threw a source to create paronia and get slip ups.

Were the 12 names leaked to jaws from a high ranking guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Much info on the 2.5million coke snatch yesterday, three arrested

Apparently the Irishman arrested used to own/run a pub in Dundalk. Ironically called "Good Time Charlie's"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Carioco wrote: »
    The SA gangster was that guy with the wonky eye, he used to work 21s. Last I heard he was up working somewhere in Navan.

I heard from someone he chopped someones fingers off, he just muscle though I think.

He's serving 15 years for murder in South Africa.

Edit : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/5190373/chief-suspect-murders-trial-south-africa/amp/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

In the news today funny enough. Garda from Kells want him extradited.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5359845/mum-vows-nail-best-friend-killer-pray-families/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

It was reported at the time in detail about the bug and the conversation recorded, IIRC described the monk as sounding in a panic and vulnerable. Surely no news publication would report something with that detail if there wasn't any truth in it. Especially considering he's won a a court case against a publication previously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Carioco wrote: »

The double murder and the south African alleged to be involved have been in the news several times over this past month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Thelooneygoone

Raffo69 wrote: »
    Apparently the Irishman arrested used to own/run a pub in Dundalk. Ironically called "Good Time Charlie's"

Think he's the oldest of the three isnt he

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Think he's the oldest of the three isnt he

I haven't a clue to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

It was reported at the time in detail about the bug and the conversation recorded, IIRC described the monk as sounding in a panic and vulnerable. Surely no news publication would report something with that detail if there wasn't any truth in it. Especially considering he's won a a court case against a publication previously.

Maybe there is some truth in it, i could be wrong, though i don’t believe it myself. Things don’t add up. They were defiantly involved with republicans to get those guns, and highlighted with flat cap on the scene and barr took out after it and him getting a military send off, they were both in the NIRA. Would make more sense if a dissident took him north after it as that’s who they were in bed with. I think myself the only connection between him and the monk was the boxing club and business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

Maybe there is some truth in it, i could be wrong, though i don’t believe it myself. Things don’t add up. They were defiantly involved with republicans to get those guns, and highlighted with flat cap on the scene and barr took out after it and him getting a military send off, they were both in the NIRA. Would make more sense if a dissident took him north after it as that’s who they were in bed with. I think myself the only connection between him and the monk was the boxing club and business.

Dowdall had left SF at that stage though? Bullying allegations?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement