Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

My son will be pleased with the beta when he gets up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

It is now available on the console downloading now - just under 5gb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Vince Zampella said they have opened up the beta to public now. Should be on your xbox one dashboard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Had a few games last night and really enjoyed it!

Now, could be that I just don't play many shooters online these days, but I got a great rush out of it. The pilot combat alone is excellent and really fun. The shooting feels really nice. You can definitely see it has CoD in it's blood.

The Titan's themselves are fun and really just add a nice dynamic to the games. I like that they're not stupidly overpowered because it keeps you on your toes. I also absolutely love that they have AI and you can set them to follow and guard. I was using that a lot actually.

Dunno about the longevity long term, but I could definitely see it as a game I could come back to on a regular basis for a bit of casual play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

The mele kick is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

As a really bad (but dedicated) gamer, I love the auto lock with the pistol. I managed to get quite a few kills with it last night:-)

Really enjoyed playing this, it`s alot of fun, even though I haven`t lasted very long in an actual Titan:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

As a really bad (but dedicated) gamer, I love the auto lock with the pistol. I managed to get quite a few kills with it last night:-)

Really enjoyed playing this, it`s alot of fun, even though I haven`t lasted very long in an actual Titan:-(
    Titan doesn't last long at all, I now have mine following me and then pick off the enemy attacking him.
    Can't see it being a cod killer
    It's more like and advanced crazy paced halo, I put sprint on all the time in options, good crack

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

paudie wrote: »
    I can see it in the demos section of the store but it says"unavailable" where the install option should be.

This happening to anyone else?

I had this, turns out that my Xbox Live Gold had expired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Varik wrote: »
    The beta is being open to all now on both Xbox and PC, the Xbox will open before the PC version.

so i can install the beta now without a key?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

irishchris wrote: »

They really managed to squeeze a lot into under 5gb - graphics and gameplay. I thought it was much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

So eh the smart pistol seems a little OP. Can lock and fire while cloaked, and the range that you can lock is pretty nuts.

Go to 8.20.

The lag compensation is absolutely horrendous. Was playing a game yesterday with 2 guys who had 300/400 ping and they were completely unhittable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Burgo wrote: »
    So eh the smart pistol seems a little OP. Can lock and fire while cloaked, and the range that you can lock is pretty nuts.

Go to 8.20.

The lag compensation is absolutely horrendous. Was playing a game yesterday with 2 guys who had 300/400 ping and they were completely unhittable.

Definitely will be the first thing to be nerfed. I couldn't use the damn thing :confused:

It tends to kill multiple grunts - AI more than pilots. I just couldn't seem to get the lock often. I kept getting killed by enemies while attempting the lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

keep getting disconnected from the servers.been at it almost an hour and not one game yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Burgo wrote: »

Go to 8.20.

Yes I agree with the pistol being a little bit overpowered but it doesnt bother me too much, IMO I find it harder to kill people with the pistol than with the AR. And its even worse for killing Titans.

Lag compensation is brilliant, I havent had too many issues where I felt I was in a disadvantage. Of course if you have a horrible connection youare going to struggle but this game has dedicated servers and the gaming experience is fantastic.

With this game, having a good connection is finally not an issue as it was with the latests CoDs. I can finally play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Titan doesn't last long at all, I now have mine following me and then pick off the enemy attacking him.
    Can't see it being a cod killer
    It's more like and advanced crazy paced halo, I put sprint on all the time in options, good crack

Yep - this is more like Halo than COD - which is great in my book, as you say, great craic:-)

I played a few more games this morning and lasted longer in the Titan, will try the follow command tonight, the game where it`s Titan vs Titan is great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I was deffiently buying this game, then I played the beta.. its a bit "meh".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm finding the drop kick annoying, it's all some people are doing :/ Though I never understood melee attacks killing people instantly in FPS games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm finding the drop kick annoying, it's all some people are doing :/ Though I never understood melee attacks killing people instantly in FPS games.

Half a clip emptied into your face= grand after hiding behind a wall for a second.

Random knife swipe someplace on your body= instadeath.

Least with some it's an actual killing animation like taking the dogtags in Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

So heres my honest first impressions.

Its not bad.

Gunplay - Pretty much exactly like CoD, better than BF not as good as CS (IMO). Its smooth and the hitreg is pretty decent from what i can see. The rifle seem much stronger than the SMG's because there are so many long range bits. Anyway, its solid here..

Movement - Actually pretty fun, being infantry is much more fun than being in a Titan... but i've never really been one for killstreaks and stuff in CoD so i guess others might like it the other way. The freerunning/parkour seems really polished etc Better than CoD not as good as Quake.

Bots - Meh... honestly they don't seem to bad, they are really **** and serve as nothing but cannon fodder... only time will tell if they bore me after a while. Hopefully they have a 9v9 mode or something like they do in call of duty.

Overall its not a bad game, its very much a "CoD" styled game tho... if MW2 was a 7 and CS was a 10 for me... i'd give this an 8.5 from first impressions.

Hopefully the maps are varied as the 2 in beta have a very similar "colour" to them.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it similar to CoD in that whoever sees the other player first usually get's the kill or is it more like Halo/Unreal where strafing and the like come into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

T7X6P-Y2CXV-4H4TV-3RTD2-YHG3Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it similar to CoD in that whoever sees the other player first usually get's the kill or is it more like Halo/Unreal where strafing and the like come into it?

Closer to CoD... at least if both players have good aim that is. Im on PC and have been playing shooters for a long time so my aim is good. If someone is jumping about i can still kill them pretty easily. There are no shields and the hp levels are standard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've found it genuinely depends on the weapons involved Mickeroo. A shotgun is very, very blappy and will usually take everyone out with a decent player who's patient enough to wait for that moment to pull the trigger.

The carbine is solid too, I'm a bigger fan of the SMG myself but I tend to be in these sorts of games. You won't do well if you're just spraying bullets everywhere though with it, so it's not like you're just pissing bullets out for an easy kill.

The smart pistol is grand, but now that I'm up a few levels, and I'm guessing the game's matchmaking is based on this as all the people I play against seem to be a minimum of 9 or 10 (I'm now 14), no one seems to be using it, so maybe it's already been relegated to noob tube status. I think it's an interesting weapon to have put in though and I'm curious to see what more comes from it.

Hit detection seems to be really good, so I've never felt like I've been "cheated" of a kill or that I've been unfairly taken out.

There's a definite skill to be learned about how to fight in titans. Never try a 1 on 1 if you're damaged, you're better off backing off and finding a friendly Titan buddy. 2 on 1 is where it's at, 3 on 1 is just messy :)

Someone mentioned the AI were kinda like creeps in MOBAs and that's a perfect description. They're there to help you speed up your titan's activation and some of the weapon unlocks and "challenges" are tied to killing certain creep types (grunts are humans and spectres are robots). They should provide you no challenge except when an enemy pilot appears whilst you're reloading after catching a pile of them coming out of a drop pod :)

I don't think it unfair to suggest that if you enjoy CoD, you're probably going to enjoy this. It's very accessible, it's very fun for "pick up and play" in exactly the same way I always thought CoD was (and I don't mean to suggest that there's no complexity to high level CoD, but it's a very "casual" friendly game). There are definitely some comparisons to be drawn with Tribes Ascend too in terms of how the movement is, but Brink is probably the closest example for that. It takes some adjusting to get into it, but you can see that someone who's competent with the jumping and wall running etc will out-class someone who isn't in a 1v1.

This game won't be to everyone's taste, but it's got a broad appeal and it does what it does very well. It should sell well and for XBone owners, you probably won't see a better "arcade" shooter for some time.

I can definitely see myself playing quite a bit of this when it comes out. If anyone's on the fence, I can only urge you to get in on the beta to help you make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This is excellent. I stopped for the football but I'm going straight back into it when its over. The titans feel really beefy.

The burner cards too....I got one where it gives you sight of all the enemies near you, even through walls........and I didn't die the entire game. It feels so OP! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

any one having sound issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Im just waiting for EA to send me the correct code, they sent me an Xbox One code instead of a PC code. Its happened to a lot of people apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 xfireblade

the game is really fun, I cant stop playing it. the xbone had the better games already before this but now its a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

xfireblade wrote: »
    the game is really fun, I cant stop playing it. the xbone had the better games already before this but now its a no brainer.

You are indeed correct Sir, trade that console in and join the PC Master race. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Im just waiting for EA to send me the correct code, they sent me an Xbox One code instead of a PC code. Its happened to a lot of people apparently...

Its open to the public now I think?

Advertisement