Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Its open to the public now I think?

yeah a quick google confirmed that today it will be made available to xbone users(although its a staggered release) and probably some time tommorrow for the pc master race.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/15/titanfall-beta-to-open-on-xbox-one-later-tonight/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magill wrote: »
    So heres my honest first impressions.

Its not bad.

Gunplay - Pretty much exactly like CoD, better than BF not as good as CS (IMO). Its smooth and the hitreg is pretty decent from what i can see. The rifle seem much stronger than the SMG's because there are so many long range bits. Anyway, its solid here..

Movement - Actually pretty fun, being infantry is much more fun than being in a Titan... but i've never really been one for killstreaks and stuff in CoD so i guess others might like it the other way. The freerunning/parkour seems really polished etc Better than CoD not as good as Quake.

Bots - Meh... honestly they don't seem to bad, they are really **** and serve as nothing but cannon fodder... only time will tell if they bore me after a while. Hopefully they have a 9v9 mode or something like they do in call of duty.

Overall its not a bad game, its very much a "CoD" styled game tho... if MW2 was a 7 and CS was a 10 for me... i'd give this an 8.5 from first impressions.

Hopefully the maps are varied as the 2 in beta have a very similar "colour" to them.

Pretty much agree with you, just to add i think the gunplay feels a lot like blacklight retribution also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

KX095Q3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

And bots. Don't forget the bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

and the first decent shooter weve had ith goodhit detection :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

and the first decent shooter weve had ith goodhit detection :)

Think the fact that the servers are based in Ireland plays a big roll in that. Nice to have the advantage for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Think the fact that the servers are based in Ireland plays a big roll in that. Nice to have the advantage for once.

Oh I didnt know that

That is very cool

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No, it's because we're all great and it has nothing to do with any unfair advantage we've got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Anyone else here having massive problems on the PC? It's beyond a joke for me at he moment. It's been one thing after another all day and loads of people complaining over on EA forums. 1st I couldn't connect to a game, then it would crash out, now froze on loading screen, etc. Ea are being useless with fixes and most are coming from other gamers after messing around for fixes. Needless to say, I'm glad its just a free Beta, I dread to think the mess they would have had on their hands if they didn't run one and their reaction to responding to problems isn't exactly filling me with hope for a successful launch either. Before the usual, "its only a beta" **** starts, I'm well aware of that but if I can't even play one game over the whole beta, I'm definitely not going to risk forking out money on something with the hopes that the problems are fixed. EA don't exactly have a good track record, so why would I tryst them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Anyone else here having massive problems on the PC? It's beyond a joke for me at he moment. It's been one thing after another all day and loads of people complaining over on EA forums. 1st I couldn't connect to a game, then it would crash out, now froze on loading screen, etc. Ea are being useless with fixes and most are coming from other gamers after messing around for fixes. Needless to say, I'm glad its just a free Beta, I dread to think the mess they would have had on their hands if they didn't run one and their reaction to responding to problems isn't exactly filling me with hope for a successful launch either. Before the usual, "its only a beta" **** starts, I'm well aware of that but if I can't even play one game over the whole beta, I'm definitely not going to risk forking out money on something with the hopes that the problems are fixed. EA don't exactly have a good track record, so why would I tryst them?

I'm finding quite the opposite. It's been incredibly smooth and playable for me. It's ultra polished for a beta.

That said I haven't played it since last night so maybe there's some server trouble at the minute?

So far I'm very impressed with the performance

Somnus wrote: »
    I'm finding quite the opposite. It's been incredibly smooth and playable for me. It's ultra polished for a beta.

That said I haven't played it since last night so maybe there's some server trouble at the minute?

So far I'm very impressed with the performance

I managed to get in on one game earlier on, and agree that the actual game is very polished. But since then I can't connect to servers, when i do it crashes or else stuck on loading screen till I get a disconnected time out thing about 20 minutes later. From what I can gather on twitter ,it's a common problem at the moment with PC and they are saying they're looking in to it.I get the feeling they're prioritizing X1 over PC.If that's the case I definitely won't be buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Well it is as a beta to work out these issues. EA want the servers to be pushed.

miralize wrote: »
    Well it is as a beta to work out these issues. EA want the servers to be pushed.
    Still, only 2 weeks to launch and it doesn't inspire me to think I should purchase a game that I have no faith will be fully fixed by then. Better things to waste my money on. In fairness its more a demo than a beta, sure they're testing the servers , so they don't have a full mess on their hands on launch day.Also the lack of communication with people on the forum over there doesn't inspire much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Hey if anyone stumbles upon a spare PC CD key, can I have it? :)

I missed the boat on this completely...! :(

Vertakill wrote: »
    Hey if anyone stumbles upon a spare PC CD key, can I have it? :)

I missed the boat on this completely...! :(

The PC version is going open, or at least it was meant to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

KX095Q3.jpg

Is this supposed to hugely differentiate between COD? As in its a rebuttal for people claiming it's COD in a different skin?

I haven't played COD in years. Joke of a game in my opinion. Titanfall feels like fun though I would play it before going back to COD, if I was in Ireland I'd probably buy it but it wouldn't be something I'd cast all games aside for.

But that image doesn't provide the compelling argument you think it does. As I said I haven't played COD in years so I don't know exactly what COD is like but from what that image says, Titanfall IS a COD game with just a few extra gimmicks!!

Which by the way I can see similarities between the COD I played years ago and Titanfall, but they're first person multiplayer shooters. It's quite hard to completely change the fundamentals of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stick everything on recomended settings one of the HIGH options is causing that.

Dunno which one yet.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stick everything on recomended settings one of the HIGH options is causing that.

Dunno which one yet.
    tried that earlier and that was when I got the one game. Cheers for the tip though.I'm redownloading at the moment and going to give it one more shot if I can't get it working then, I'm just gonna call it a day and move on to something that actually works. Shame ,as I had a lot of hope for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I've had no problems since I started the beta few days ago.As for the game, I can't tell yet, would love to see some more maps/guns/types of matches available.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I didn't have the option to download it from the store but if you pin it to the dashboard and then press the mini-menu button on the pin it lets you select Launch and it'll start downloading.

Just aswell they have opened it to all, I redeemed my code via the browser link they give you but it never made it to my download queue and the X1 says the code has been used :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Played a few rounds yesterday. Good fun. Love the assassin class and running around snapping necks. Usually just leave my titan on auto as I prefer being a ground troop. Too much of a target when in a titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It's great craic altogether when you use your Titan to reach into the heart of an enemy Titan, pull out the pilot and toss them halfway across the map. :pac:
    It also stops the enemy Titan from nuking, nice trick to know.

Killed two pilots, two Titans and four grunts by dashing at them in meltdown, ejecting and nuking them.

So far it doesn't do much but what it does do is very good. I for one was not very excited about this game but after playing the beta I will be keeping an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

It's great craic altogether when you use your Titan to reach into the heart of an enemy Titan, pull out the pilot and toss them halfway across the map. :pac:
    It also stops the enemy Titan from nuking, nice trick to know.

Killed two pilots, two Titans and four grunts by dashing at them in meltdown, ejecting and nuking them.

So far it doesn't do much but what it does do is very good. I for one was not very excited about this game but after playing the beta I will be keeping an eye on it.

I hadn't noticed that part! Is there a trick to do it? I've done it a couple of times but was just trying to melee them anyway. Doesn't seem to work for me all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think it happens if you melee them when they are critical (about to blow up)

When the warning critical thing shows up as there life, most people don't know it and you still get a good few nuke+eject kills still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I wont post photos but the below link is a spoiler to how many maps, what the maps look like and alot of other things coming on launch not in beta.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101030552&postcount=1

Edit: the other things are:

Name of the maps (also how many):
    angel city
    colony
    fracture
    relic
    airbase
    boneyard
    corporate
    outpost 207
    lagoon
    rise
    smugglers cove
    overlook
    nexus
    o2

Weapon class names (Not sure if all of these are out on Beta? I don't think so):
    p2011
    p2011sp
    p2011_auto
    w1128
    r97
    b3wing
    rspn101_carbine
    m1a1_hemlok
    lmg_hemlok
    g2a4
    car101
    rspn101
    at_rifle
    rspn101_dmr
    SMR
    satchel_charge
    data_knife
    titan_vortex_blocker
    xotbr16
    thr_40mm
    caber_shot
    proximity_detonator
    frag_grenade
    defender_charge
    shoulder_rocket
    sentry_turret
    auto_rocket_launcher
    titan_triple_threat
    titan_sniper_rifle
    titan_rocket_pod
    titan_arc_rifle
    titan_sniper_rifle
    titan_shotgun

Pilot & Titan Ordnance:
    arc_grenade
    bubble_shield
    cloak
    cluster_rocket
    frag_grenade
    heal
    homing_rockets
    proximity_mine
    satchel charge
    salvo_rockets
    shoulder_rockets
    smoke
    sonar
    vortex
    auto_eject - Auto Eject
    build_up_nuclear_core - Nuclear Ejection
    dash_recharge
    dead_mans_trigger
    defensive_core
    doomed_time - Survivor
    enhanced_titan_ai
    fast_reload - Fast Autoloader
    hyper_core
    icepick
    longer_bubble - Dome Shield Battery
    marathon_core
    minimap_ai - Minion Detector
    ordnance_pack - Explosive Pack
    power_cell - Power Cell
    run_and_gun
    shield_regen - Regen Booster
    stealth_movement
    titan_punch
    turbo_drop - Warpfall Transmitter
    wall_runner - Enhanced Parkour kit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No doubt about it this game is awesome...

Anyone that bought a ps4 will regret it just a little bit i reckon this is the most polished beta i have ever seen.. possibilities are endless for this game imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No doubt about it this game is awesome...

Anyone that bought a ps4 will regret it just a little bit i reckon this is the most polished beta i have ever seen.. possibilities are endless for this game imo

Not if you are not into online only MP shooters. Played a bit of this and it does what it does well no doubt but won't be getting it. Won't make me go back to the X1 until something else that I'd consider a good exclusive comes out for it.

BF4 on the PS4 offers me more tactical and enjoyable MP gameplay than Titanfall. I'm more of a single player experience player overall though.

Advertisement