Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just had a couple of games there, up to level 4. I'd agree with most here in that I think it's just ok, though I need to give it more time to judge it proper. But currently, I'm disappointed with it.

The bots are stupid in, in fact I would say the bots in Quake 3 and UT proved more difficult to fight than these. Don't understand why they have bots in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 xfireblade

Played it for about a hour, its great fun. Could be the next big thing and tip the balance in favour of the xbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh lads.. ye can absolutely believe this beta is a lot more than just some PR.

This is microsofts big big game of the year. EA have had a horrible time with online games in the last year and neither want a **** up with a game that is only online.

I imagine they are continually adding more and more people, stress testing the servers. Way too much riding on the game not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Played four games there and got to level 6. I do like it but it will take a lot of getting used to. I do find the bots a little bit of a distraction though. I haven't piloted a titan just left it in follow mode and it seemed to work quiet well. I couldn't figure out if the titans were on a timer to come in or based off your score.
    I can definitely see potential in the game but it's a little early to tell for me.
    Another few games this evening Now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Im really liking it, plays very well.

One of the high settings is causing my PC to freeze during loading so set everything to medium, will figure out which one it is later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Played four games there and got to level 6. I do like it but it will take a lot of getting used to. I do find the bots a little bit of a distraction though. I haven't piloted a titan just left it in follow mode and it seemed to work quiet well. I couldn't figure out if the titans were on a timer to come in or based off your score.
    I can definitely see potential in the game but it's a little early to tell for me.
    Another few games this evening Now

Both, you reduce the time by doing damage to enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I couldn't figure out if the titans were on a timer to come in or based off your score.

You have a timer that's reduced when you score; you'll see -XXs pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Varik wrote: »
    You have a timer that's is reduced when you score; you'll see -XXs pop up.

Thanks guys. Have to say I had one game with a shotgun class and had great fun !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I can say I'm having fun playing this . It's exactly what I have wanted in a shooter game and titanfall has delivered it . I have had some graphical bugs but I can say they should be fixed when the likes of amd and nvidia have a chance to sit down and do some work on the drivers for this game .
    So all and all so far im having fun and that's the main reason I play games is to have a fun experience and that's what I have had .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

allanb49 wrote: »
    anyone got a spare code still floating about

VTFH4-9PQ3F-6CRKC-M2DGQ-RGP7Z

If anyone else hasn't got a code, try http://help.ea.com to get a 'replacement' one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have a spare code if anybody needs one. PM if you want it.

EDIT: And gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Just registered. Any idea how long you guys waited to receive the email?

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Just registered. Any idea how long you guys waited to receive the email?

Thanks. :)
    There isn't really any answer to that. I've seen people that have received a few codes to one email, and people who registered with multiple emails get none, and lots of other combinations. It's basically, you'll get it if/when you get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Pushtrak wrote: »
    There isn't really any answer to that. I've seen people that have received a few codes to one email, and people who registered with multiple emails get none, and lots of other combinations. It's basically, you'll get it if/when you get it.

Thank you for the quick reply.

With that being said, anyone got an extra code laying around? I'm offering a year-long service of thanking your posts. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

smart pistols are like ooo look im speachil i cant aim!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Not sure I'll buy it, played it for a while but I can see it getting boring....don't really know to be honest

smart pistols are like ooo look im speachil i cant aim!

It wipes the floor with bots but against players you're better off with either the SMG or Carbine. If you get killed by one is because his been aiming at you for a while, that or your aim is terrible.

Edit: There should be a warning that your being targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Not sure I'll buy it, played it for a while but I can see it getting boring....don't really know to be honest

Really? Stretch it to lots of maps and gameplay modes and more weapon and titan variants and you've got a lot to keep you hooked.

Wouldn't mind some single player or co-op campaign missions but definitely would keep my interest with multiplayer alone (and typically I only play COD and battlefield for the single player!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Can someone pm me a spare code? I've a friend who's desperate to get on to try it out (he's no boards account to ask himself).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Maxed out my level earlier, it took a few games before I got into it, but once I did, it was great fun from there on in. I wasn't screaming at the screen because of lag/crappy kills etc, which is amazing rare for a shooter these days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Varik wrote: »
    It wipes the floor with bots but against players you're better off with either the SMG or Carbine. If you get killed by one is because his been aiming at you for a while, that or your aim is terrible.

Edit: There should be a warning that your being targeted.

i figured that out but some times they just come out of no where..

again im onlu [laying it 6 hours so im still kinda gettting used to it..

How ever I havent enjoyed an online shooter like that since mw2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'm actually really enjoying it- it's a nice mix between mech and fps. Can see myself getting this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone got a code I'd appreciate it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone got a code I'd appreciate it, thanks.

They just tweeted out that you can still apply for codes, I reckon everyone who wants one can get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They just tweeted out that you can still apply for codes, I reckon everyone who wants one can get in.

How? I applied for the beta ages ago but got no code

Just signed up there again so hopefully no email yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think so too, as |I said in the other thread , this close to launch it's more a hype / PR thing than a Beta

Just realized that kill/deaths don't count at the end epilogue sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I am having so much fun with this game, more than I thought! The on-foot combat is great, and the Mechs Titans are just a lot of icing on the cake.

Taking a lot of will power to not just pre-order this tbh, getting hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

MC97C-W2GM6-TM6RJ-X63JH-77Q2Z

Enjoy somebody.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

An engineer in this game would be useful :)

Advertisement