Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What little I've played so far is distinctly underwhelming.

So after 4 rounds of Last Titan Standing....

The map was terrible. Simplistic bottlenecks, with 2 titans each, which leads to endless stand-offs and spamming at each other. There was no room for flanking, maneuvering or anything else. Eventually one Titan would go down, leading the remaining two to swamp the defender remaining.

The bots are just an irrelevance, they add nothing but background noise.

The static environment is limiting. Coming from Battlefield 4, it seems horribly outdated to not be able to flank someone by blowing out a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This game with BF environment damage would be really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know the download size on PC?
    It says you need 12GB but surely thats not the download :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone know the download size on PC?
    It says you need 12GB but surely thats not the download :eek:

12gig seems to be the final size. Actual download bandwidth used is a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

It is me or the game is pretty good and works pretty well considering is a beta?

I have only played 3 games but it feels like I am doing great only to find out I am barely half way to the top. Doesnt feel difficult nor glitchy laggy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Bohrio wrote: »
    It is me or the game is pretty good and works pretty well considering is a beta?

I have only played 3 games but it feels like I am doing great only to find out I am barely half way to the top. Doesnt feel difficult nor glitchy laggy...

Any getting times out when it tries to reconnect to the server

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wouldn't say it's amazing. It's MP only CoD with mechs basically, not ground breaking stuff.

I find it very unique, not the idea of it but just what its like as a full package. It is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think the reasoning behind the bots is to help you build up an early score and reduce the timer on your Titan drop. Much like farming creeps in DoTA. Still I think they need a boost in AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone who needs a code, just get onto live chat with EA and ask them, they will give you one.

Just did it myself, had to wait 40 mins to connect but I just asked the bloke if I can have one and they try their best to be really helpful on there so he gave me one right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think the reasoning behind the bots is to help you build up an early score and reduce the timer on your Titan drop. Much like farming creeps in DoTA. Still I think they need a boost in AI.

But there is a very large difference in appearance between those in any moba type game, here it's hard to tell quickly if someone is human or not and hence how to respond to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Wouldn't say it's amazing. It's MP only CoD with mechs basically, not ground breaking stuff.

even just 'CoD with mechs' is insanely different to CoD, never mind the differences in movement, wall running, double jumping etc.

haters gonna hate, then haters are still gonna buy it and call it crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Varik wrote: »
    But there is a very large difference in appearance between those in any moba type game, here it's hard to tell quickly if someone is human or not and hence how to respond to them.

That's true. Might be an idea for them to make it clearer visually and not just have to rely on the minimap.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Spear wrote: »
    What little I've played so far is distinctly underwhelming.

The map was terrible. Simplistic bottlenecks, with 2 titans each, which leads to endless stand-offs and spamming at each other. There was no room for flanking, maneuvering or anything else. Eventually one Titan would go down, leading the remaining two to swamp the defender remaining.

The bots are just an irrelevance, they add nothing but background noise.

The static environment is limiting. Coming from Battlefield 4, it seems horribly outdated to not be able to flank someone by blowing out a wall.

havent been a fan of last titan standing so far, agree with all your points against it, attrition and hardpoints are the best though, being a pilot and just leaving your Titan as a big decoy is the plan, stick with that!

totally different feel to BF4 and thankfully I think thats why they'll be able to co-exist quite easily without either being a threat to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

LanceStorm wrote: »
    enjoy not playing an amazing game while the rest of the world does!

Sorry i forgot your opinion is the only one that matters,a lot of people seem to need this game to be a success like they need oxygen!!

Whats wrong with pointing out a publishers bad track record recently? Thats all i did,i didnt say anything negative about the game. Ill reserve my judgement till i play it and not pretend to be an expert a few hours into a beta lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Spear wrote: »
    I just listened to Total Biscuits video on it. It's 50 mins, so I just put it on an mp3 as I was going out, so don't have a timestamp or anything, but he was saying that is the game type he dislikes most. One of the things he said was hoping for something like Attrition, but with more sub objectives. Try other modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

how can i swop the aim from push to aim insted of click aim un click to stop aming?

how can i swop the aim from push to aim insted of click aim un click to stop aming?

On PC? just change it in key bindings and on Xbox I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 itoro

srumball wrote: »
    Also if you are looking for a code get into a live chat with Origin support staff tell them your code is not working and they will add it to you Origin account. I did this

live chat wait time approx 60mins :rolleyes: anyone got a pc code lol
    got one from ea. should of done it sooner...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The bots do not take away from the game in my opinion, in fact they are very funny. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Anyone playing on a lower end PC?

I'm using a GT 640M and all I'm getting is long load times, unresponsive menus, texture tearing and other graphical oddities. Not playable at all.

Didn't expect to be pushing out ultra settings but most games run ok on low-med for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Bohrio wrote: »

ha ha, same here...thought I was beasting away, checked stats after game and I only killed 3 players from opposite team, the other 28 kills were the enemy bots...still though, really enjoying it...only played the ATTRITION game mode so far. No lag or glitchy bits so far...connecting to games quickly... Only complaint I can think off is games seem quick enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SSD 7870 huge load times resulting in a disconnect from server.

havent got into a single game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I 've played few games, it's a really fun game. Ping is very low as well 13-20ms.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    SSD 7870 huge load times resulting in a disconnect from server.

havent got into a single game today.

HDD 6870 all not a single problem today.

All bar the ragdoll/bullet on high at 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I'm running an FX8350 with a 7950 vapor x everything on high to ultra, I wear its the most fun Ive had in months on a computer game just made level 4 I could see my self buying and xbox1 for this title alone, bf what? its everything Ive wanted in a shootem up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been playing for the last hour-ish and I'm enjoying it. It's a little bit striped down in a lot of ways, but it doesn't suffer at all for it. It's not CoD with Mechs as I was worrying about, but the CoD influence is definitely there for all to see.

Most importantly, it's fun and I will play more of it. :)

[edit]
    It runs well, I've left it at the defaults after it ran the graphics test on my machine, but next time I'll push it a bit to see what the results I get are.
    PC Specs for comparison: i5 2500k (stock), 8GB RAM, 2 X 1GB 6950s in Crossfire and a HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I have it all on high with a 7950 and it runs pretty damn smooth.

I need to give it a proper run tonight. But it's an ok game. Even though it's in Beta

Vicxas wrote: »
    I need to give it a proper run tonight. But it's an ok game. Even though it's in Beta
    Beta? Near final would be more appropriate. No one really knows how old the build is, but it'll be pretty damn close to what will be released to the wild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Beta? Near final would be more appropriate. No one really knows how old the build is, but it'll be pretty damn close to what will be released to the wild.

Agreed, no way they could afford to release anything resembling a broken mess so close to launch , and I think this Beta business is more about hype and pr than testing but thats probably me just being cynical :pac:

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Agreed, no way they could afford to release anything resembling a broken mess so close to launch , and I think this Beta business is more about hype and pr than testing but thats probably me just being cynical :pac:
    From seeing people post about the beta, it is a great way to make some people butt hurt as well as doing good PR. I've seen loads of people post some derivative of, "I didn't get the beta. I'm boycotting EA." Obviously, it's just people mouthing off. Like this. I think a lot of it is down to server testing, really.

Advertisement