Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Fairly good fun so far, getting my ass handed to me a lot (I keep forgetting the wall running stuff, etc).

Thought I was doing great in one game, but turned out I just killed a bunch of AI grunts. Haha.

Noticed a tiny bit of screen tear at the start of a level once or twice, but this is more a beta to make sure the servers can hack it in the background, I presume.

16ms ping time to the server though - very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dreamers75 wrote: »
    An engineer in this game would be useful :)

Maybe they'll have one in the full game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got a beta code email this morning. Played a few quick games just there, and the game is great fun. Not very good at it yet, but hope to get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Got my beta code and have it downloading now. Kinda surprised I got one as I don't own a single game on Origin.

I wasn't massively impressed when I saw the early footage or the game last year, but all the good publicity recently has me really curious. Looking forward to getting into it and giving it a good go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fairly good fun so far, getting my ass handed to me a lot (I keep forgetting the wall running stuff, etc).

Thought I was doing great in one game, but turned out I just killed a bunch of AI grunts. Haha.

Noticed a tiny bit of screen tear at the start of a level once or twice, but this is more a beta to make sure the servers can hack it in the background, I presume.

16ms ping time to the server though - very nice.

Yeah, I notice it when dropping in at the start of the round. The server ping is great. I wish BF4 was on Microsoft servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Boys in black code is used, can anyone pm me one..having no luck with the registration can't even get a confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fairly sure I will be buying this.

Classic story of man, sees game says "meh", sees awards at E3 and goes "meh", gets bored and signs up for beta plays game and ****ing loves it and sees potential.

Its like Unreal ****ed quake whilst MW1 watched and they all made a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I don't think it has longevity. Played a few games earlier, enjoyed it for sure but wasn't that addicted to it. It'll be like BF4 where we played it non-stop for about a month and a half, and then stopped playing completely and returned to the usual games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I don't think it has longevity. Played a few games earlier, enjoyed it for sure but wasn't that addicted to it. It'll be like BF4 where we played it non-stop for about a month and a half, and then stopped playing completely and returned to the usual games.

Have to assume there are more levels/perks/unlocks to get. What are these games you go back too?
    Thanks for your interest in the beta! We’ve reached the maximum number of sign-ups and can’t accept any more at this time. We’ll see you in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Played 11 hours now and while I like it I don't see myself buying it at launch. I need to see the non-beta Titans, maps/game types, and any weapons, but I not pre-ordering and might you for it cheap later. It's a beta so it's not the full game but it's very limited and repetitive.

Not sure BF4 is a good comparison as that barley ran and still has issues, this was the main reason so many left it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Boys in black code is used, can anyone pm me one..having no luck with the registration can't even get a confirmation email.

They don't send out confirmation mails, most likely you will get the code tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Not sure I'll buy it, played it for a while but I can see it getting boring....don't really know to be honest
    Same here, got bored with it very quick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

deco nate wrote: »
    They don't send out confirmation mails, most likely you will get the code tomorrow.

Hopefully, I've tried a few different emails surley one of them has to work, bit miffed all the same as I originally applied for the beta a month ago.

Hopefully, I've tried a few different emails surley one of them has to work, bit miffed all the same as I originally applied for the beta a month ago.
    Dont worry you will get it.
    Btw they tweeted a little while ago that they have filled the beta quota, so I think that means everyone that applied before is getting
    One.

They will be emailing the keys upto 17th midnight

Have to assume there are more levels/perks/unlocks to get. What are these games you go back too?

No doubt there will, but I don't think it'll change the game massively. I still might get it eventually, it just isn't the revolutionary game changer it was hyped up to be.

Arma, DayZ, Minecraft all seem to be ones that aren't just fads.

Something I really like is how the Titans are portrayed in game as actual mechs rather than a new player model, and I really like how you'll be told if you now fighting 2+ Titans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I like the way the game is so easy to move about in its so smooth in terms of how it behaves once you get into the free running the titans become a little boring ? you just wanna kill piolts and stuff its got a fun factor in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

From major nelson, BETA OPEN TO ALL!

@majornelson Great news: The @Titanfallgame Beta will be opening up to all Xbox One users. Details on my blog http://t.co/Do12xhSsK6

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/434872616805883904

@majornelson Great news: The @Titanfallgame Beta will be opening up to all Xbox One users. Details on my blog http://t.co/Do12xhSsK6

• Advertisement

The beta is being open to all now on both Xbox and PC, the Xbox will open before the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

An engineer in this game would be useful :)
    Unless the engineer has mines, meh.

=-=

Had a short game earlier. Parkour + shotgun is great fun :D

Run, jump, jump, run, run, jump, shoot two, titan in 15 seconds, run, run, jump, run, press V, and look for the titan. Most often, I'm jumping from a roof to land into my titan. Find the titans quad rocket to be... not great. The machine and the "shotgun" weapons on the basic titan are nice to use.

I wish there was some sort of melee weapon on the titan, though.

the_syco wrote: »
    Unless the engineer has mines, meh.

=-=

Had a short game earlier. Parkour + shotgun is great fun :D

Run, jump, jump, run, run, jump, shoot two, titan in 15 seconds, run, run, jump, run, press V, and look for the titan. Most often, I'm jumping from a roof to land into my titan. Find the titans quad rocket to be... not great. The machine and the "shotgun" weapons on the basic titan are nice to use.

I wish there was some sort of melee weapon on the titan, though.

You can melee in a Titan, it just isn't very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I brought my Xbox One over to a friends house to give them a bash on Titanfall, and I myself was playing for the first time. We all loved it. The two lads are considering getting Xbox One consoles they enjoyed it so much.

The bots are a non-factor, if you are going in looking for the most polished shooter around or a genre defining game then of course you will be disappointed, but its a bloody fun game, one I will be buying at launch and getting really stuck in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

i had 16ms of ping tonight for titanfall, never ever ever seen it that low before:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Titanfall switches to an open beta on Xbox One today, PC will follow soon http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/15/titanfall-switches-to-an-open-beta-on-xbox-one-today-pc-will-fo via Engadget Android

Basically means open to everyone and will asked under games and apps to download later today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Titanfall switches to an open beta on Xbox One today, PC will follow soon http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/15/titanfall-switches-to-an-open-beta-on-xbox-one-today-pc-will-fo via Engadget Android

Basically means open to everyone and will asked under games and apps to download later today

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

I can see it in the demos section of the store but it says"unavailable" where the install option should be.

This happening to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have played it on PC and wasn't too impressed by it. It's definitely more suited to consoles and it don't look too bad at all on the Xbox even at 720p but I miss the width and fov of my PC, must check out the fps later and compare but so far if I was buying it wud be console

• Advertisement

paudie wrote: »
    I can see it in the demos section of the store but it says"unavailable" where the install option should be.

This happening to anyone else?
    Wait a few hours and it should be available.

Advertisement