Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

No doubt about it this game is awesome...

Anyone that bought a ps4 will regret it just a little bit i reckon this is the most polished beta i have ever seen.. possibilities are endless for this game imo

nope your wrong, because everyone who owns a ps4 owns a pc
    and for the ones that don't own a pc, don't enjoy cod :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

This game is amazing 5 hours straight playing tonight and didnt wanna stop but had to with kids being up at 645....

This is the reason to own an xbox one imo and its the first time in ages i thoroughly enjoyed a long nights gaming...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

It's not an exclusive it's on PC...

So yeh doesn't make anyone regret having a PS4 over an Xbox One because a good PC should always be something you should own!

For shame on those who don't........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Titanfall won't be as big on the PC market than the X1 due to all the competition it has on the PC anyway. It's really a console shooter at it's core.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't think I'll get it in the end, put in close to 18 hours but will need to see what the community is like after release; especially here on boards on the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Varik wrote: »
    Don't think I'll get it in the end, put in close to 18 hours but will need to see what the community is like after release; especially here on boards on the PC.

18 hours since the betas release? wow safe too assume you will get it no matter the community :pac: either you like it alot or have alot of spare time too play betas which you think you won't get based on community

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    18 hours since the betas release? wow safe too assume you will get it no matter the community :pac: either you like it alot or have alot of spare time too play betas which you think you won't get based on community

It's free and I've friends playing as it's new, but a lot of them aren't getting it and so I'll wait and see a few weeks after the full game is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I don't see this taking a sizeable chunk from PC BF4 owners.

While it's a good game I just feel that the Titan gimmick would wear off very quick. Even yesterday I found myself not using titans as the pilot gameplay was more enjoyable.

Doubt I'll get it myself, but as a poster said above me I'd have to see what the PC community is like post launch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

My initial impressions have been good. Although its not the system selling masterpiece many on here built it up to be, it does enough to distinguish itself from the competition to allow it to carve out its own audience. I am sure those who bought an XBone for titanfall will feel their purchase justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

irishmover wrote: »
    It's not an exclusive it's on PC...

So yeh doesn't make anyone regret having a PS4 over an Xbox One because a good PC should always be something you should own!

For shame on those who don't........

No to mention you can pick an xbox360 and PS4 for the same price as a XBone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Modding tools will be released after launch.

Source engine so garrys mod must be wetting himself :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

This is the reason to own an xbox one imo and its the first time in ages i thoroughly enjoyed a long nights gaming...

I think the line I used in a party last night was "its the first time I've played an FPS in a long time where I've been actually smiling and having fun throughout my whole playtime"

very addictive gameplay I think, must have had about 4 or 5 "one more game" last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

miju wrote: »
    I think the line I used in a party last night was "its the first time I've played an FPS in a long time where I've been actually smiling and having throughout my whole playtime"

very addictive gameplay I think, must have had about 4 or 5 "one more game" last night

You've hit it on the head. I was genuinely smiling and having fun playing the game and loved discovering things or getting a chain of wall jumps right to get out of trouble.

I loved playing Last Titan Standing on the map (I can't remember the name) where it's a city scape with loads of cherry blossom trees. There's the moment of pure panic as you turn a corner and see a heap of enemy Titans heading your way.

Even something as frustrating as getting shot while seconds away from the drop ship in an Epilogue is fun.

The most recent FPS that I've played are Halo 4 and Cod:Ghosts and the multiplayer in those was very sterile.

I think the feel of Titanfall leans more to the feel of Halo Multiplayer than CoD, and that's not a bad thing in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Somnus wrote: »
    I hadn't noticed that part! Is there a trick to do it? I've done it a couple of times but was just trying to melee them anyway. Doesn't seem to work for me all the time

Melee from the front when they are critical, doomed or whatever.
    Now go and spread the misery. :D

Had someone do it to me. Hilarious as when you are flying arse over end across the map, you are still in first person view.
    Spin spin spin twirl splat! Killcam. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

After playing a good few hours on the PC over the weekend I think i've made up my mind on it.
    It's a very average MP shooter. The issue with the bots is you simply don't care about them so they add nothing to the game as far as I'm concerned. And as I stated before 6 v 6 is simply too small for the PC gamer. If there's an option to change that in the future I might re-visit.

The Titans are a novelty that wore out after about 3 hours.
    I think there has to be an option for much bigger Player v Player battles without Titans involved. As the maps are well made and enjoy the weapons. It certainly will not be a day one purchase for me. Although I will probably pick it up when it's around 15-20 Euro.

Think they might have shot themselves in the foot with this Beta...a lot of PC gamers won't buy it in it's current format IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Modding tools will be released after launch.

Source engine so garrys mod must be wetting himself :D

Is this confirmed? :eek:
    Think they might have shot themselves in the foot with this Beta...a lot of PC gamers won't buy it in it's current format IMO.

I respectfully disagree. I play BF4 a lot with my friends. It's my "go-to" FPS on the PC. But every now and again, I just feel like a quick blast of something I don't need to think too much about and currently CS:GO or most recently Loadout will hit that spot. I tried CoD Ghosts and it's an unforgivably terrible port that's as badly broken as BF4 was and so frak that.

Titan Fall will be taking that role for me now. I'm really looking forward to the full game. You can check back my previous posts here where I said I wasn't too thrilled about what I'd seen in the videos, but now that I've had a weekend of playing it, it's a "definite" for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

After playing a good few hours on the PC over the weekend I think i've made up my mind on it.
    It's a very average MP shooter. The issue with the bots is you simply don't care about them so they add nothing to the game as far as I'm concerned. And as I stated before 6 v 6 is simply too small for the PC gamer. If there's an option to change that in the future I might re-visit.

The Titans are a novelty that wore out after about 3 hours.
    I think there has to be an option for much bigger Player v Player battles without Titans involved. As the maps are well made and enjoy the weapons. It certainly will not be a day one purchase for me. Although I will probably pick it up when it's around 15-20 Euro.

Agreed, the titans are a novelty that wore off for me fairly rapid, hawken does them a lot better too.
    Most PC players seem to ignore them and just put them on auto as the infantry combat is more fun imo.
    The infantry combat is solid,maps seem decent,bots while they annoyed me at first are a non issue.
    Its only okay and far from awesome that some people proclaim,PC gamers have so many better titles to choose from,Hawken does meck combat better, Planetside2 does futuristic infantry combat better to name a couple.
    It will be popular on xb one as it has little competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Shiminay wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree. I play BF4 a lot with my friends. It's my "go-to" FPS on the PC. But every now and again, I just feel like a quick blast of something I don't need to think too much about and currently CS:GO or most recently Loadout will hit that spot. I tried CoD Ghosts and it's an unforgivably terrible port that's as badly broken as BF4 was and so frak that.

While I can agree with you it's quick and easy, I wont be paying full price for it ;) which was my point (If badly made).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Australians talking about being able to buy the game with a Mexican VPN on Mexican store for $41 AUD. Dunno if it works for anyone in Ireland.

Probably broke the forums rules saying that so delete away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

irishmover wrote: »
    Australians talking about being able to buy the game with a Mexican VPN on Mexican store for $41 AUD. Dunno if it works for anyone in Ireland.

Probably broke the forums rules saying that so delete away!

You can get if for 30euro on a few sites that sell keys I dont think anyone will be paying retail price on origin

• Advertisement

There was 6 of us in a party at same time last night. Whats actually very funny to do is drop all the titans in same spot at same time which we kept doing last night.

The other side see / hear that and literally go running as we found out last night its VERRRRRRRRY hard to take down 6 titans running in a close squad, as you cant rodeo or bring in your titan without getting hammered from all sides.

I'm actually very (and happily) suprised that there are half decent tactics that can be used in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Only played it for half an hour last night but was loving it! Easy to pick up and wasn't getting constantly twitted either (always a plus ha) gonna give it a few hours tonight if anyone wants to set up a party etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Didn't realise that it was open to all XB1 users, was just about to ask are there any spare codes!

Looking forward to coming home tonight and playing a few hours with the lads. Half 5 can't come quick enough!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

While it's clearly a fun game, I'm using the titan as a glorified COD turret most of the time.

I'm also noticing less wall jumping/parkour/wall running and more camping.

The scoring information needs to me more prominent. I'm not sure when to stop firing sometimes as I'm not certain someone is dead or not.

Also, the bots and spawning of said bots is ridiculous. I was on top of a building when I saw about 6 of them in one position. Killed them all pretty quickly without any resistance.

It's a great beta and I am certainly interested, but will need to see how they react to the beta feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Played about a half hour of this last night. Didn't have a clue what i was doing just running and shooting! Was fun though..

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Its starting to grow in me, didnt like it at first but i'm wanting to play it more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

It fun way better than ghost and Bf4 reminds me of cod4 fast paste action and very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I dont want to sound like a Titanfall groupie or anything but after playing this game the whole weekend I have to say that the game is fun like hell!

Seriously one of the most entertaining and fast paced games I have seen in a while.

I just dont care if I get killed, the game is pure fun. All I do is run around like a headless chicken and shoot anything that moves, jumping from one enemy titan to another, get my titan asap and once its destroyed I start again... and that's it. And the best part is that I am doing ok, my scores are most of the times over 60-70 so I know I am helping the team as well.

And that's a weekend gone playing only 2 maps.

I try not to compare this game with CoD, although it has its similarities I think it as a different game altogether.

Very addictive, very fast paced, lots of fun, and this is just a beta (well more like a pre-release demo). Its also not overly complicated (at least with the current perks, guns, etc), hit detection is perfect (havent had a single issue so far), maps dont feel too big nor too small. Def looking forward to next month.

Bohrio wrote: »
    hit detection is perfect

Its not quite perfect would say about 98% , but coming from BF4 thats a ginourmous improvement for me :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Did have a couple of instances of frame rate drop, freeze frames for a second or two or major lag spikes but 98% of time its perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Remember Respawn are Infinity Ward's head guys who Activision fired.38 of the 46 IW staff all resigned and followed these guys to Respawn with a few weeks/months
    You can bet your ass they have their eyes firmly on Titanfall as a COD killer and after the Ghosts crap it could very well be.
    However it needs to be a multiplatform release and it looks like this could be coming to PS4 mid year or so.

Advertisement