Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Evening all, just out of Arkham Asylum and I am not Batman

Notable characters in the asylum were: the Joker, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, the Riddler, Harley Quinn, Clayface, Bane, the Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, and the Scarecrow.
    Riddle me this Riddle me that who have we Sussed out as being a bad Cat

Reference to Catwoman and calling her bad. Talks of riddles
    th?id=OIP.YiLVxb18KaINOC21vbpV3wHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

No context really but straight after previous post.
    This has me puzzled, why Shakespeare, Joker or Riddler move?

Quotes Steve
    Tough times in Gotham

Quotes newspaper
    Harley?

Think she’s pinning Fiona as Harley
    I was going Harley for you Fiona

Confirms it.
    Gabriel as Harvey?

Well, that was incorrect.
    How so?

Quotes Wendy who thinks Orla May be tasking.
    The headlines are grim

Quotes newspaper.

Thoughts: there’s no doubt that orals a weirdo. I want to quote this thread and look at it better on the screen. See if I can conclude anything.

I’d put Orla onto the list of possibilities for Harley Quinn.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

TBH, I think Desmond could be a wolf, being "poisoned" to garner villager points.

I'd already had the tingles about this, and his quick response "expecting it" ups my suspicious mind.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I’d put Orla onto the list of possibilities for Harley Quinn.

Why?
    I can only see Wendy and Eva having mentioned Harley prior to the paper coming out?

Liam WW wrote: »
    TBH, I think Desmond could be a wolf, being "poisoned" to garner villager points.

I'd already had the tingles about this, and his quick response "expecting it" ups my suspicious mind.

Far too aggressive IMO, no need for a wolf to be sticking their head above the parapet

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »
    Why?
    I can only see Wendy and Eva having mentioned Harley prior to the paper coming out?

So her 1st post talks about the asylum and Harley was an intern in the asylum. She also mentions bad cat and she was in a team with bad Catwoman. Then her quotes about the newspapers sound like analysis and Harley is. Dr of psychology/psychiatry and they analyse people.

So her 1st post talks about the asylum and Harley was an intern in the asylum. She also mentions bad cat and she was in a team with bad Catwoman. Then her quotes about the newspapers sound like analysis and Harley is. Dr of psychology/psychiatry and they analyse people.

But if there theory about the paper is accurate is her timeline not off?

Conor WW wrote: »
    But if there theory about the paper is accurate is her timeline not off?

Dunno. I just iso’d and didn’t look at other posts. I’ll go check. When was the newspaper linked to an episode post?

When the joker leaves clues, does he leave them after he’s done the crime or would he leave a trail that leads to where/when he’s in the process of committing it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I did a Google search of the headlines and found the full script of the episode.

https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=batman-1966&episode=s01e06

Working now, do can't do a full read. Might be some nuggets of help there.

Will try and look into it, provided I survive my unwanted flowers.

• Advertisement

If Alfred is listening, I think Abigail should be saved.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Someone has been poisoned

Poison Ivy has been a busy girl! It would seem two Citizens of Gotham have been hospitalized showing symptoms of a very specific type of poison. They were also recipients of flower deliveries this morning.
    th?id=OIP.uR2KANk3S_m04wfz30b8ywHaDv

Desmond WW received a Rose

Abigail WW received an Orchid

Both Gotham residents' symptoms started to show almost immediately. One's will subside by lynch time, the other will not be so lucky.

Two things on this:
    1. There is no mention of having TO BE healed - just that one will survive. Does this mean Alfred doesn't get a choice between healing and his bullets?
    2. This was posted at bang on 11am - so appears to be a scheduled action rather than an anytime of day action

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ok so I decided to have a dig into Desmond to see am I right, wrong or way off on my thoughts so far.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Hi Folks, nice that this started on a Saturday! Some light reading off a sober Saturday night for myself

Grand opening, doesn't light up the world or anything but nothing suspicious really either.
    So, yeah the whole avatars thing feels like a newb who thought they figured something out. I dont like Fiona saying she'll shoot Gab off the bar for it, if Gab is new and bad, he's the SK, otherwise he doesn't post like that on thread as his wolfy buddies would fill him in.

I'm not sure what to make of this post now given the flip. I didn't comment on it at the time but there's some initial soft defending, then move to associate Gab as the SK which (I think) Fiona had been saying as well. Which is strange given they argue against Fiona yet come to the same conclusion.

That being said, I see his reasoning here and he's clearly stating IF Gabs is bad in the post. Meh. Dunno tbh.
    Wendy very helpful, fair play nice work on the ISOs, a little pockety. Your late night reaction to Fionas gun totting chat is interesting to me. I do like your ISOs though

Mentioning my ISOs, saying I'm pocketing Babs. My reaction to Fiona is interesting... yet you don't agree with them shooting either. Ok, let's see if I can get some more info from you.
    Pockety as in doing an ISO for Babs to get you in her good books.

I'd agree with your sentiment re rushing to shoot however your post seems quite defensive IMO.

Ok so he find my post defensive. Again as I said at the time I disagree tbh.

The next post is strange though and kinda contradicts himself prior.
    Not sure on Angus but Wendy is defo on the watch list. He's here and replying so I'd throw any reasoning at him if you have any

I'm on a watch list now, yet you liked my ISOs earlier. Ok. Meh, I'm too close to this interaction, maybe someone else should look at this series of posts.
    Weirdly I wouldn't find it odd thst someone is disappointed they didn't get a cool role :) Do I think a wolf or SK would post something like that 1st post? Nope

I'm now very interested in this given a lot of people seem to be associating Eva's posts with Harley Quinn.
    There's a direct comparison there in Ewan's post about being disappointed not to be the SK, but Des (at the time anyways) seems to want to ignore it.
    Quoting to see them together!

Quotes the two pics. I did the same myself earlier, I'm wondering why there isn't some form of attempted analysis though. If I was a suspicious woman I'd see this as trying to look helpful. Not reading too much into it though.

So far, ISO isn't too bad tbf. Getting involved in a couple of discussions, has some strange focuses though (namely me) with very little reasoning provided. Anyways let's continue onwards.

Any initial thoughts from your watcher vantage point?

Responds to Isla, fair question. Not sure if any follow up though, let's see.
    Presuming there is more clues to come cause that's making no sense to me.

Two references to the ocean in the first part, crime wave growing, and in a sub headline it mentions batman and robin are launching the SS Gotham! I'm definitely reading to much into this :(

Ah here it is, some attempt to analyse the pics so far. Can't disagree with any of this.
    You probably shouldn't be :D

Jokey post to a player accidentally posting in their own account. Meh.
    It's gifs but not posting! Weird

Fluff, meh.

Then nothing until 9.59am
    Just in case I should be munched. On mobile so quick catch up

Wendy Wolf rolls off the tongue. She's my lock wolf

If I was investigating further I'd have Liam, Steve and Fiona on my list for further analysis. Bad vibes all round! Lynch Wendy first is my shout

I hate this post not just because of me but because of the timing. If you're not the seer and you die you could be condemning a villager to a lynch, posts like this carry a lot of weight.

It's strangely bizarre as well given I was earlier on a watch list for being (paraphrasing) slightly pockety and defensive in his opinion. The jump to 'lock wolf' is very jarring.
    Your dead but nothing last minute about it! She's a wolf.

You very blatantly obviously claimed the other night with your first post, I thought you'd be protected because of it but obviously not

Responding to dead Babs. Reaffirming your thoughts on me. I don't know how you can know this for certain. Screams agenda.
    Gabs first post, he essentially telegraphed a character name not mentioned in the OP. Well that was my thoughts

Ok so you saw that, why not say protect Gabs before the munch and just leave it till afterwards to point out you knew who he was? I find this very suspicious.
    I knew this was coming! I feel honoured

Once again I'll emphasise how can you KNOW this was coming unless you are a wolf? You can presume it, but you can't know anything. Unless of course, you are a wolf.
    They think I'm the seer :) Happy days, Abigail isn't the seer either but may be important, I dont know, could be a double bluff

How do you know Abigail isn't the seer? Again you're making these assumptions and putting them across as fact, this is not villagery thoughts.
    Or if I tagged a wolf a 9.59am and put the ****s up you

Meh. I responded to this already. I can see village Des thinking this tbf.

:) Poor wolf play targeting me, when I die your locked dead anyway so I'll spend the rest of my time hunting the rest of your buddies!

I'll do an ISO later for you to respond to but like, sometimes you just know.

Again with the agenda driving. Once again it would be better someone not involved to analyse these posts but given I'm a villager his over confidence in me being a wolf is a bit ridiculous tbh.
    Pretty sure I got the poison but we can wait for Abigail to give us some thoughts to her importance in the game before discussing possible outcomes

Again you are pushing for being healed here over Abi, are you trying to draw the healer onto you so Abi will die?
    What importance have you in the game Des? If you're a villager, then you have equal importance to Abi. So this is really wolfy on reflection.
    Cool, teeing up the fake claim! I look forward to it

Meh.
    What's the agenda by the way? Finding wolves?!

Your agenda is clear, you want me dead as you think I'm a wolf - but you haven't said why. After being asked repeatedly.

Just sometimes you know does not cut it either.
    Why the hell would I go hell for leather for you if I was a wolf, let's be honest, your a high poster and if I was worried by you or what you could do then you'd be munched realistically.

Also the only way you'll know I was fake poisoned is if you were involved in which case your pushing for me not to be cured. If I'm cured and no death tonight then I've not been fake poisoned.

Well if your strategy was to go hard on me, be fake poisoned and get me lynched based off this then that's exactly what you'd have to do.
    There's no scrambling, if you've a gun then shoot, I've no issue there! I'm gonna die tonight or in the morning

Ok and the last post. So now I have a gun? But what wolves have guns Des?

Ok conclusions:

I want someone else to ISO Des, I'm far too close to the situation to give an unbiased read.

BUT - I actually like the first half of the ISO, few contradictions but overall posting and engaging which is good.

The second half is a really bad look imo, since their reappearance before the munch and subsequent poisoning I feel like Des's posts are dripping with agenda, not even based around me.

'Oh save me, but let's see if Abigail has any importance to the game first'

It's very icky. I'd leave him to his fate if I were Alfred tbh and deal with him tomorrow.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Two things on this:
    1. There is no mention of having TO BE healed - just that one will survive. Does this mean Alfred doesn't get a choice between healing and his bullets?
    2. This was posted at bang on 11am - so appears to be a scheduled action rather than an anytime of day action

Of COURSE one will survive Holy, one is fake poisoned!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Two things on this:

I think one is actually poisoned and one is a fake. So not only does old Alfred have to decide if they want to save someone they also have to decide which one needs saving.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Two things on this:

It says on OP that Alfred has an antidote. That’s pretty specific and I’m not sure what else he would have an antidote for!

You might be right about the scheduled action but we will know tomorrow i suppose.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    It says on OP that Alfred has an antidote. That’s pretty specific and I’m not sure what else he would have an antidote for!

You might be right about the scheduled action but we will know tomorrow i suppose.

Sorry , think I misread what you meant. So basically you are wondering if Alfred has to choose between which power to use? Interesting

Sorry , think I misread what you meant. So basically you are wondering if Alfred has to choose between which power to use? Interesting

That's in the OP though yeah? He can shoot or heal once per day, his decision.

Which means if we find Ivy with Alfred still around then the poisoning stops. And he becomes a vig.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Of COURSE one will survive Holy, one is fake poisoned!
    Phil WW wrote: »
    I think one is actually poisoned and one is a fake. So not only does old Alfred have to decide if they want to save someone they also have to decide which one needs saving.

Thanks for the clarification

Wendy WW wrote: »
    That's in the OP though yeah? He can shoot or heal once per day, his decision.

Which means if we find Ivy with Alfred still around then the poisoning stops. And he becomes a vig.

That was partly my point but I read the roles wrong also but yes I wonder does he have a choice or must he heal over using his bullets.

At this point he is better healing if he has a choice as it keeps our numbers and reduces the changes of hitting a villager with a bullet as we do not have much info to go on.

• Advertisement

That was partly my point but I read the roles wrong also but yes I wonder does he have a choice or must he heal over using his bullets.

At this point he is better healing if he has a choice as it keeps our numbers and reduces the changes of hitting a villager with a bullet as we do not have much info to go on.

In the OP:
    Ex-special forces, Alfred Pennyworth is not only extremely capable with a rifle but also with a medical kit be that suturing wounds, removing bullets or administering antidotes. Alfred has in his possession 2 bullets but he can't shoot the same day as he cures someone and this Butler extraordinaire is usually the only person who can cure poison in the game.

Can't shoot the same day as he cures so yes I would agree with your sentiment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I asked Fiona the significance of 11 and 4 earlier. Yesterday they posted these in consecutive posts
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    How do I change the post per page thingy again, I'm on 11 when I should be on max 4

I felt I could get into arguments with Barbra on page 11 but now Im back on page 4 I think she is swell

Why are they shoehorning 11 and 4 in that order into their posts? I worked through the list of player at the start and Fiona is number 11. Brendan would be number 4. This seems a bit too much to be a coincidence but I don’t know where it goes .

Eva WW wrote: »
    Evening all, just had a good catch up and made some notes.

Babs I’m interested in what you come up with regarding the newspaper, I found out some information myself.

The newspapers are from an episode of the tv show. The episode is called Batman is riled. In it the joker steals Batman’s utility belt which causes a crime wave in Gotham. The joker uses a TV studio to broadcast clues to where the next crime will be called “what’s my crime”

Over the course of the course the Joker gives a challenge to Batman and robin to figure out what’s wrong with the sentence “He who laughs last laughs good”

Now I’m not sure if the mods would go that deep into it or it’s all to do with the headlines but there could be something there. What do you guys think?

Ok here is the post explaining the episode.

It does say the joker leaves clues to where his next crime WILL be, not where it has been.

The timing of the first newspaper doesn’t put Orla on top spot for Harley but it doesn’t exonerate her either.

That's potentially a good find Riona. That second quote of Fiona's in particular stinks of shoehorning those numbers into a post

Fiona was asking how to change the settings to 40 posts per page :D

I don’t think we can hang her for that lol

Fiona was asking how to change the settings to 40 posts per page :D

I don’t think we can hang her for that lol

No, not that one alone but Riona is right the second in particular is just weird.

Riona WW wrote: »
    I asked Fiona the significance of 11 and 4 earlier. Yesterday they posted these in consecutive posts

Why are they shoehorning 11 and 4 in that order into their posts? I worked through the list of player at the start and Fiona is number 11. Brendan would be number 4. This seems a bit too much to be a coincidence but I don’t know where it goes .

Yeah. I noticed that (you asking her). Didn't understand the significance of the question at the time. Would I be right in saying that she's not actually replied? This could be a really good find actually. I'd be interested in her answer. Though I'd a village lean on Fiona up to now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Riona WW wrote: »

This one is very easy.

Fiona's posts per page was set to something low and she asked how to change it.
    After changing the posts per page, it was now page 4.

You must have skipped over that part of the conversation.
    If you add quotes into the thread, it makes it easier to jump to the time you are talking about, but its page 4, i'll pull up the thread now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

How do I change the post per page thingy again, I'm on 11 when I should be on max 4
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    control panel, edit options, Number of Posts to Show Per Page, 40 posts per page.
    I felt I could get into arguments with Barbra on page 11 but now Im back on page 4 I think she is swell

Here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Day 1 - Bat Competition
    A4MSxZb.png

Question: Name Andy Warhol's Batman movie?

Wayne Tech have created new tech to help in the fight against the crime-wave facing the city but in the wrong hands this could be used as a devastating weapon. Answer the question above and submit a number between one and twenty within in the next hour for a chance to posses this tech.

Whoever submits the correct answer and closest to the correct number will be a winner!

Please PM WerewolfGM with your answers. speaking of PMing mods please remember that BH is in a different time zone so if you are PMing a mod in the evening Baggly/Ecto would be a better choice (WWGM also may not be active in the evening).

Advertisement