Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    lets talk about liam. post 20, why cryptic? then there was speech about helping the wolves??

clodagh, first post, yikes, can you be more wolfie, and subsequent posts dont get better.

ewan, i have post 13 highlighted. annoned at not being the sk, its not much, but i highlighted it.

It's this post that has me concerned about Liam tbh - the phrasing around Steve is just off imo.

My bet is he's... lists three things. First one wolfy, second one not helpful to village if so, third one I don't even know where to start it's so weird.
    Liam WW wrote: »

Re Steve: my bet is he's doing a task, or playing a joke or leaving riddles. Clodagh's OP also is sus as was mentioned, but Steve was one of the first to call her out on it (second after Barbara), so I'd doubt they'd be on the same team if both are evil.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    It's this post that has me concerned about Liam tbh - the phrasing around Steve is just off imo.

My bet is he's... lists three things. First one wolfy, second one not helpful to village if so, third one I don't even know where to start it's so weird.

yeah, steve's a messers personality, dont read anything wolfie in it myself, liam getting an early start on a smear campaign or just a over sensitive villager who reads evil intent in nullish content. early days here, but i have notes and i'll stick by notes over fancy arguments. liam has to show me villager qualities, and agreeing with my count dent as a wolf in the numbers helps, but doest undo all the wtf i have on the slot. but liam has ? marks beside them, not minus signs, which others have, *eyes emoji* angus, clodagh, conor.

yeah, steve's a messers personality, dont read anything wolfie in it myself, liam getting an early start on a smear campaign or just a over sensitive villager who reads evil intent in nullish content. early days here, but i have notes and i'll stick by notes over fancy arguments. liam has to show me villager qualities, and agreeing with my count dent as a wolf in the numbers helps, but doest undo all the wtf i have on the slot. but liam has ? marks beside them, not minus signs, which others have, *eyes emoji* angus, clodagh, conor.

I'll read over those three in the morning and give you my thoughts. But for now, bed.

Night all :)

also, vale, own up to your mistake. mods have posted the rule that says you have to as a reminder.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Liam WW wrote: »

Re Steve: my bet is he's doing a task, or playing a joke or leaving riddles. Clodagh's OP also is sus as was mentioned, but Steve was one of the first to call her out on it (second after Barbara), so I'd doubt they'd be on the same team if both are evil.

Im quaint sure if 't be true i wast doing a task - id beest doing t at which hour the game actually starts!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Just searched the thread for the word riddle.

Returned 12 hits not including the OP.

Probably 13 now lol.

So Gabs not first person to mention it, but I guess the phrasing could be construed as dodgy.

I'd have hoped you would have looked into this a little closer and broke down the posts but meh

Its ok you go on the dodgy list but you aren't someone I will be shooting yet.

Gabriel, Wendy are locked bad

Barbra semi locked

Just searched the thread for the word riddle.

Returned 12 hits not including the OP.

Probably 13 now lol.

So Gabs not first person to mention it, but I guess the phrasing could be construed as dodgy.

I just looked through this also

You used the word about 4-5 times not much in that

A lot that you fail to mention it while stating you left out mod posts from your calculation

If you believed in the theory which you must have a little to check it out, then you would have cut this down further, but you left in you're own posts, this is a little odd

And after reading them all Gabriels ridddle post is the only one, that reads a bit forced

From first look here it suspect I'll look closer at posts tomoro,

You're breakdown is suspect

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Gabriel, Wendy are locked bad

Barbra semi locked

Please explain you work so others can understand.

Please explain you work so others can understand.

Are you reading?

I've gave reasons, there has not been many posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you will be 50/50 from now on

I will shoot gabriel if i could thats all.

And wendy is suss as in a wolf if gabriel is bad

• Advertisement

Are you reading?

I've gave reasons, there has not been many posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you will be 50/50 from now on

I will shoot gabriel if i could thats all.

And wendy is suss as in a wolf if gabriel is bad

yes, i think so

50/50 in what?

so, you've established you cant shoot gabs but would if you could, bleh, thats so bleh!

and now you make an associative link between wendy and gabs, you're dirty.

instead of realyong on me readong back over you, make a case in the now, at the moment you're just a nasty piece of work.

prove me wrong.

and i had a plus beside your name, so where we at now? hmm, gotta update the spreadsheet tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

35b8fefc140874a096ae61aa_rw_600.gif?h=22296ba0101a1a11d34602d1fe03b3b9

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    AmrP.gif
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    35b8fefc140874a096ae61aa_rw_600.gif?h=22296ba0101a1a11d34602d1fe03b3b9

Weather Headlines?

I think this is some sort of riddle. Anyone good at this sort of thing?

I'd have hoped you would have looked into this a little closer and broke down the posts but meh

Its ok you go on the dodgy list but you aren't someone I will be shooting yet.

Jaysus Fee cool the jets, I was going to bed if you read about 4 posts or so later.

Why the rush to shoot someone anyways over phrasing?
    I just looked through this also

You used the word about 4-5 times not much in that

A lot that you fail to mention it while stating you left out mod posts from your calculation

If you believed in the theory which you must have a little to check it out, then you would have cut this down further, but you left in you're own posts, this is a little odd

And after reading them all Gabriels ridddle post is the only one, that reads a bit forced

From first look here it suspect I'll look closer at posts tomoro,

You're breakdown is suspect

Ok we're down the rabbit hole I guess.

You don't find Liams use of the word riddle a bit off then?

I don't buy into this word association you seem to want to but for you I'll look into it tomorrow, k hun?

My breakdown (if you can call it that) is the work of a quick word search on the thread before going to bed tbh.

And anyways i think ALL of this will be moot point when you see my post directly above this one.

Only way me and Gabs are associated is if we're on team village btw, I'm just not sure I see what you see in his/her posts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Good Morning Gothamites.

On the whole avatar = role theory - can be discounted I reckon . Can Anon profile change it anyway.

In relation to the weather image, this is just mods saying game is starting to heat up as it going live tomorrow.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Good Morning Gothamites.

On the whole avatar = role theory - can be discounted I reckon . Can Anon profile change it anyway.

Yep, can be changed. I am now Batman, order restored.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Morning all, sorry I wasn't about yesterday.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Morning all, sorry I wasn't about yesterday.

Was there a lot of discussion in BR's.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Was there a lot of discussion in BR's.

Not a wolf Abbie so who knows.

Who's my avatar?

• Advertisement

So Babs as promised (gonna be away later), I'm looking into the three you mentioned. Conor first.

Conor WW wrote: »
    I find it a little strange that you are all claiming that role, know why?

Anyway, the OP leaves a lot of unanswered questions

So taking it from the top

Batmans computer? I thought this was some form of seer but thats Barbara
    Robin - I thought he was apprentice to Batman but it seems he has a choice?
    Catwoman - looks like she can steal a roled player - my reading is she could steal a good or bad role?

Penguin - Any ideas on what hes faking?
    Riddler - looks like he can get a prize if he solves a riddle,doesnt seem to be a good version
    Poison Ivy - gives two flowers to someone each day and they have a 50/50 chance of dying or living
    Harvey Dent - Good and bad every second night - and seems to get a kill every night, will depend on whether we end on an odd or even night

Any thoughts?
    I'm off-line for most of today and tomorrow, will try and keep up

Removed gifs but you can see them in original post. Ok opening although I really don't like the good player roles speculation. So a minus point there.
    I'd say one of the RVs get it rather than the village?

Regarding the riddles. Can you elaborate on this theory of yours Conor? Why specifically RVs? Again there's a focus on RV's, not a good look tbh.
    Why do you say this?

Asking Ewan about his call on Angus being bad and confirmed. I don't get anything from this.
    Would that not suggest that the seer is just getting alignment?

Also not quite sure where Conor is getting the idea of seer getting alignment from. Actually just don't like the discussion of the seer at all, it's irrelevant when discussing Dent, we know exactly what he will show as and when, well for now anyways.
    I think we can all agree that Steve has found a wolf, only a wolf would disagree.

You're not disagreeing are you Clodagh?

I don't get anything from this. Jokey post, meh.
    Well then it would make no odds whether he showed as Harvey Dent or Two face. Unless theres doubt around which he is D1, as in we're assumed hes good D1 but maybe hes Two Face D1 and Harvey D2?

Mechanics again, talking about Dent. Info is in the OP.

Hmmm I can see your point why you'd have questions re: Conor. Some iffy posts so far.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Not a wolf Abbie so who knows.

Who's my avatar?

Not sure Tegan, I only have a limited knowledge of franchise. I don't pay any heed to what people have on here anyway.

Clodagh next.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Hello all. First post and checking in. Hope ye are all well :) excluding wolves.

So the wolfy opener. I just don't see the big deal tbh. I'm also taking note of the next post which might be skewing my thoughts as I smell a bandwagon....

I don't often include other posts in one's ISO but I feel this warrants it.
    Wolfiest opening of the game so far!

Brendan, Conor, Henry, Orla all thanked this post. Why? Did you follow up and question Clodagh on it like Babs?

It all smells a bit dodgy if I'm honest. Brendan and Orla have a single post each yet they have the time to thank this.

Henry isn't much better than Brendan/Orla tbh. He has two posts, one referencing how he won't be back till tomorrow and the other checking in.

It also makes Conor look worse as the only reference he has to Clodagh is his joke post.

I find this very suspect on their behalf tbh. Ok, back to the ISO.

I see the allegations all already know full flow :D

I like the tone of this rebuttal given Babs and Steve challenged Clodagh over her opening post. Not much other info though tbh.
    I think I'll just sit in the corner. I see where this is headed and I dont like it! **cries tears of sadness**

Yet... this post is completely different tonally. I'd be more worried about that than her OP tbh.
    How many people have changed the avatar to Batman? :D

Ahh a man bat?
    Hmmmmm.

Guilty.

Lol. Think that's you Wolfy.
    I believe that makes 72 million Batmans now.

Lots of fluff with fluff on top.

Right, saying hello, is sus. Great detective work there buddy.

Ooh sassy clodagh is back. I like this Clodagh. Fluffy and defeatist Clodagh, not so much.
    Lol

I've checked the thread and I don't know what you're laughing at Clodagh, can you explain? It's NAI but I find it strange that it's not quoting anything.
    Hadnt thought about that!

You haven't really thought about much have you Clodes?

So basically I don't get the hullabaloo over her OP. I find it wolfy that so many people would thank Babs post yet not discuss it. Stinks of a bandwagon.

That being said Clodagh is a fluff monster pretty much. Still day 0 so time for that to change I suppose.

Based on the early thankathon I don't see her as wolfy though tbh Babs.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

So, yeah the whole avatars thing feels like a newb who thought they figured something out. I dont like Fiona saying she'll shoot Gab off the bar for it, if Gab is new and bad, he's the SK, otherwise he doesn't post like that on thread as his wolfy buddies would fill him in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

wile others take steve's interest in Shakespearean arts to be odd, i see it as null, and would rather focus on the wolfier contributions of
    ewan, angus, conor, eva, liam and clodagh. i haven't updated my spreadsheet with later inputs, but thats from first impressions.

Steve okay, focusing more on list above, to find better qualities in them than my first impressions.

Why me?

lets talk about liam. post 20, why cryptic? then there was speech about helping the wolves??

What exactly is your query here?

Explain like I’m a five year old :)

If you want explanations. I was simply wondering why nobody was discussing the discrepancy or wondering if I was the only one to notice it. I was afraid there might have been a good reason people were keeping schtum that I hadn’t thought of.

Speech about helping the wolves? I think anything that has potential to help the wolves is a bad thing. What’s so wrong with that?

And finally, Angus.

Angus WW wrote: »

Meh. Fluffy opener. Can't really read anything purely off a video but I prefer if people add words to their posts.
    Trying to get my head around this role.

So on odd phases he is good and even phases he is bad? Day 1 starts Monday so he has good powers that day? If the seer found him on a bad night, would he have already used his bad powers. Would we then be looking to utilise him on the following good day but lynch him later before he can use bad powers again?

This is based on the seer knowing who he is though and we either know this because the seer has revealed or they’re still undercover but trying to steer the lynch correctly.

Focus on Dent, ok fair enough. I still don't like the mention of the seer at the bottom. It seems like you're fishing when there's no need to fish. Not sure though if that might just be a mistake on your behalf based on your follow up posts though.
    There has to be a reason this was posted by the mods. No point being shy, village. Question everything.

I agree, but what questions should we ask about a picture? Now there are two, so we can possibly try to link them but at the time it just seemed rather random. I just don't know what we can garner from it at this particular point.

Seems like a wolf trying to blend in with the village with the wording too. I don't like this post as it doesn't really do the things it's asking people to do.
    What you talking about you loon.

Fair post, Ewan seems a bit loopy.
    WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

Well in fairness Angus people were quoting all the headlines from the newspaper, doing what you asked. Probably a joke but it's kind of ironic when you see your earlier post.
    Errr hello, I know the seer will know.

But how will we know that the seer knows that we know?

Friends joke noted. Other than that, meh.
    Jesus Christ I was going through 2 faces role and the mods chose to mention the seer in there too.

What’s the problem?

Aggressive response to Babs. Again, in contrast to your earlier 'Question everything' line. Question everything until applies to you Angus then is it ;)
    The point I was trying to make and I obviously made badly is with regards to his powers.

If he peeks as Harvey night one, does that mean he was good on day one too?

Back to Dent, this has already been clarified. Tbf I do read this as a legit post again given his earlier mentions of Dent. I think what's happened here is that Angus has missed a few key bits of the Dent role, which is a little odd given the keen focus.

And that's it.

So overall there's a few things I don't like. Moderate suss level.

In terms of the three you gave me from wolfiest to lest Babs I'd be going

Conor
    Angus
    Clodagh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Wendy very helpful, fair play nice work on the ISOs, a little pockety. Your late night reaction to Fionas gun totting chat is interesting to me. I do like your ISOs though

Task - wolfy
    Joke - not helpful
    Riddle - you can’t start

This really confuses me. How do the three things I mention equate to your description?

I really don’t get it.

Steve could be just messing about. I’m not accusing him outright of anything but his behaviour is odd and worth commenting on. I remember a game where a player was messing about, posted a haiku, and got lynched for doing a task when it genuinely was just messing. But equally I’ve seen players do odd things for a very particular reason. You may think there’s nothing in it. But your attack on me for thinking there may be something in it, is confounding.

• Advertisement

Clodagh next.

So the wolfy opener. I just don't see the big deal tbh. I'm also taking note of the next post which might be skewing my thoughts as I smell a bandwagon....

I don't often include other posts in one's ISO but I feel this warrants it.

Brendan, Conor, Henry, Orla all thanked this post. Why? Did you follow up and question Clodagh on it like Babs?

It all smells a bit dodgy if I'm honest. Brendan and Orla have a single post each yet they have the time to thank this.

Henry isn't much better than Brendan/Orla tbh. He has two posts, one referencing how he won't be back till tomorrow and the other checking in.

It also makes Conor look worse as the only reference he has to Clodagh is his joke post.

I find this very suspect on their behalf tbh. Ok, back to the ISO.

This is interesting. In a different game, you’d have been all over an opener like that.

I too noted for later who thanked the post.

Barbara indeed was the first to call her out on it. But you fail to mention that Steve was the second with the same time stamp as Barbara so likely a cross post. Why, as a matter of interest did you not mention that?

Advertisement