Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

On the weather forecast. See how it says for the time and day Monday 8:01. Is it possible that something stormy is going to happen tomorrow at 8:01?
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    35b8fefc140874a096ae61aa_rw_600.gif?h=22296ba0101a1a11d34602d1fe03b3b9

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Barbara, I think you might be on to something. What do you make of the mod's second post, of the 32deg?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    POLICE POWERLESS
    CRIME WAVE GROWS
    BATMAN AND ROBIN FOILED AGAIN
    THE JOKER IS WILD

All but one of those, are kinda of weather related - Stormy if you will! Except the 3rd one. So maybe to do with the weather report.

These seem to be about objects or buildings

BATMAN AND ROBIN TO CHRISTEN NEW LINER
    SS Gotham to be launched tomorrow
    Giant Plane Found All Aboard Safe
    Court Seeks Adjournment??
    GOVERNOR RETURNS??
    Face-Lifting Job To Start On City Hall
    Educators hold annual meet here

These are all rules, taxes, regulations.

New petitions against tax
    PREPAID TAXES BREACH HIGHEST MARK IN HISTORY
    'CASUAL LABOUR' RULES CLARIFIED BY OFFICIAL
    BUILDING CODE UNDER FIRE
    TRAFFIC TOLL AT NEW HIGH

I dont know what to make of those, but it might help something click with someone!
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Evening all, just had a good catch up and made some notes.

Babs I’m interested in what you come up with regarding the newspaper, I found out some information myself.

The newspapers are from an episode of the tv show. The episode is called Batman is riled. In it the joker steals Batman’s utility belt which causes a crime wave in Gotham. The joker uses a TV studio to broadcast clues to where the next crime will be called “what’s my crime”

Over the course of the course the Joker gives a challenge to Batman and robin to figure out what’s wrong with the sentence “He who laughs last laughs good”

Now I’m not sure if the mods would go that deep into it or it’s all to do with the headlines but there could be something there. What do you guys think?

Also in the episode, Joker says
    I have an amusing message for the directors of the Gotham Steamship Lines. My terms, deliver me title to the S.S. Gotham or else.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Okay, here's the theory.

This theory needs there to be a Harley Quinn character and that joker has to find HQ, or HQ has to find joker.

This is the flare, come find me.

mods announce SK team has formed.

POLICE POWERLESS
    CRIME WAVE GROWS
    THE JOKER IS WILD

Notice something about this post, Its fixated on the wolf team, Joker / SK not mentioned.

That's part 1.

Now for Part 2.

May not be connected, but,

Fiona already said this half last night, but, maybe there is something to be gained by doing task saying he found her, or maybe he is boasting, i dunno, but together, it makes the papers make sense.

Holy amaze balls!

Okay, here's the theory.

This theory needs there to be a Harley Quinn character and that joker has to find HQ, or HQ has to find joker.

This is the flare, come find me.

mods announce SK team has formed.

POLICE POWERLESS
    CRIME WAVE GROWS
    THE JOKER IS WILD

Notice something about this post, Its fixated on the wolf team, Joker / SK not mentioned.

That's part 1.

Now for Part 2.

May not be connected, but,

Fiona already said this half last night, but, maybe there is something to be gained by doing task saying he found her, or maybe he is boasting, i dunno, but together, it makes the papers make sense.

Oh apologies I didn't see this before I posted. That is a nice theory but not the case at all. I didn't even think Harley Quinn was a playable character when I posted that gif. She's my favourite female DC character and Margot Robbie as her is fire :o

On Gabriel, I actually wanted to go back and look at his posts, from what I remembered when reading them he keeps referring to HarVey Quinn. I'm not sure what that means but it confused the hell out of me because when he said Harvey I kept thinking he was talking about Harvey Dent.

• Advertisement

Evening all, just had a good catch up and made some notes.

Babs I’m interested in what you come up with regarding the newspaper, I found out some information myself.

The newspapers are from an episode of the tv show. The episode is called Batman is riled. In it the joker steals Batman’s utility belt which causes a crime wave in Gotham. The joker uses a TV studio to broadcast clues to where the next crime will be called “what’s my crime”

Over the course of the course the Joker gives a challenge to Batman and robin to figure out what’s wrong with the sentence “He who laughs last laughs good”

Now I’m not sure if the mods would go that deep into it or it’s all to do with the headlines but there could be something there. What do you guys think?

Holy Genie in a bottle!

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Day 0 - Bat Competition

56ed7e8b6b3f571d8b1aa81b8e539c51.jpg

This was posted at 1pm.

The time on the weather report was 8:01 EDT.

1pm Irish time is 8am EDT. Coincidence?

Eva, you’ve gone quiet. Why didn’t you mention joker in your run down of the baddie roles? He’s a pretty famous character.

Oh apologies I didn't see this before I posted. That is a nice theory but not the case at all. I didn't even think Harley Quinn was a playable character when I posted that gif. She's my favourite female DC character and Margot Robbie as her is fire :o

On Gabriel, I actually wanted to go back and look at his posts, from what I remembered when reading them he keeps referring to HarVey Quinn. I'm not sure what that means but it confused the hell out of me because when he said Harvey I kept thinking he was talking about Harvey Dent.

She's not listed, but she's right there in the OP. You really think she'd not make an appearance, or even think she might and that mentioning her wouldn't be a good idea.
    Team SK

feature

Joker - His origins may be disputed but a psychopath with a warped, sadistic sense of humor is not someone you will want to have a dispute with in this game. Every day the Joker will bring his own form of unbridled chaos to Gotham city as he kills one citizen with his own unique flair - AKA this SK can write their own flavor for the Joker kill!

Once only that I can see:
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I don't think it is you know. I will riddle in the morning.

I've found Harvey Quinn
    Maxie Zeus
    Assistant DA
    Thomas Wayne
    Robin
    Martha

I'll uncover more in the morning.

Steve is suspect and I wonder if he's been given poison?

This is an interesting role for the doctor....

Only other mention was Fiona's who picked up on Gabriel's post:
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    I mean the thoery is a little crazy but its not wolfy

Saying riddle, I mean who says that tbf but it could be just getting caught up in the game I guess

But

I've found Harvey Quinn

is just really suspect considering we think Jokeror her may be looking for each other

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I don't think it is you know. I will riddle in the morning.

I've found Harvey Quinn
    Maxie Zeus
    Assistant DA
    Thomas Wayne
    Robin
    Martha

I'll uncover more in the morning.

Steve is suspect and I wonder if he's been given poison?

This is an interesting role for the doctor....
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Once only that I can see:

Only other mention was Fiona's who picked up on Gabriel's post:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110745319&postcount=170
    twice more
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110745330&postcount=171
    twice more again.

Ah okay. I was just looking for "Harvey Quinn" combos. Nice find.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Eva, you’ve gone quiet. Why didn’t you mention joker in your run down of the baddie roles? He’s a pretty famous character.

I'm not well at the moment and was working today, I only got back on properly this evening. Been keeping up reading and such and came on this evening to have a proper look back and give my thoughts on a few things. I'm not good with puzzles or anything so was really wracking my brain with the newspaper and weather forecast and felt like I could offer something helpful with those two.

I didn't mention the joker because there's not really anything to disect in his role description other than that he gets to write his own flavour. Unlike with the others where there's room for interpretation.

Liam WW wrote: »
    She's not listed, but she's right there in the OP. You really think she'd not make an appearance, or even think she might and that mentioning her wouldn't be a good idea.

Well obviously I didn't think mentioning her would be a bad idea otherwise I wouldn't have done it, you can imagine how foolish I feel now :o

Just think about it though, if I was Harley Quinn. Would I really go all in guns blazing like that on my first post?

Well obviously I didn't think mentioning her would be a bad idea otherwise I wouldn't have done it, you can imagine how foolish I feel now :o

Just think about it though, if I was Harley Quinn. Would I really go all in guns blazing like that on my first post?

I have been thinking about it, since last night.

And i concluded that you could, especially as I flagged you among 5 others, and you with only two posts, nobody even came back and said it looked suspicious, but i have in notes 'find harley quinn..sk??' in my notes and nobody else is flagging it, i'd better flag it just in case i am targeted in the morning.

Guys fire away with any questions you have for me, I was coming on to give my thoughts so I'll carry on with too.

So the HarVey thing was one thing I noted.

Whit the newspaper article and weather forecast.

Then this below stood out to me when reading. I thought it was odd Fiona saying WHEN she gets her gun Gabriel is dead but kind of put it to the side not thinking too much into it.
    As soon as I get my gun gabriel is dead unless the villagers can talk me down

Gabriel this is for you
    Are you reading?

I've gave reasons, there has not been many posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you will be 50/50 from now on

I will shoot gabriel if i could thats all.

And wendy is suss as in a wolf if gabriel is bad

Then this post stood out, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but the 50/50 stood out to me.

-From the OP:

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    One night good (day & night phases), the next bad, Harvey has powers to match, each time with a 50/50 chance of success. If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win. Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney, Night 2: Two Face

The 50/50 again, I can't make much of it but worth noting I thought.

I have been thinking about it, since last night.

And i concluded that you could, especially as I flagged you among 5 others, and you with only two posts, nobody even came back and said it looked suspicious, but i have in notes 'find harley quinn..sk??' in my notes and nobody else is flagging it, i'd better flag it just in case i am targeted in the morning.

No that's completely fine, I have no problem with you flagging it and I think it's good to get suspicions out on the table so we can talk through them together. I wasn't saying to think about it in a snidey way more of a "come on do you really think a baddie would play it like that kind of way?"

Bringing in the fact I only had two posts is a little unfair. It's a slow burn weekend and some people haven't even checked in yet(which I have no problem with). Aside from my first post I haven't been talking pure fluff in the following ones. I may be low in post count but as least I'm trying to help.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

If you think I'm Dent come out and say it, instead of heavily implying it.

People who cast shade, without really accusing the person are highly suspect.

I must say I like Barbra theory

No that's completely fine, I have no problem with you flagging it and I think it's good to get suspicions out on the table so we can talk through them together. I wasn't saying to think about it in a snidey way more of a "come on do you really think a baddie would play it like that kind of way?"

Bringing in the fact I only had two posts is a little unfair. It's a slow burn weekend and some people haven't even checked in yet(which I have no problem with). Aside from my first post I haven't been talking pure fluff in the following ones. I may be low in post count but as least I'm trying to help.

the 2 posts was not a mean remark, it was meant to show that an ISO of you would be simple to do, the least work, so the one you would expect to happen with least resistance.

I'm sure you have done ISOs before, but I'll write this next bit pretending you are ignorant to doing them.

When going to do an ISO, with very little targeting you, you tend to pick the lowest post count first. They are the easiest to do.

People who have high post count are the least ISO'd players in the game. Because it's much harder to ISO as there is way more pagers of posts.

Reread my post with that in mind and you will see i was not being unfair to you in relation to having only two posts, but that i was less hopeful others would see what i see if they have already gone through your ISO and not seen what i was seeing.

If you think I'm Dent come out and say it, instead of heavily implying it.

People who cast shade, without really accusing the person are highly suspect.

I must say I like Barbra theory

I don’t know whether you’re Harvey Dent or not to outright accuse you. I’m pointing out everything that stood out to me. Your two posts stood out to me so I pulled them together with the Harvey role because of the connection I made to see what others thought or if they could make sense of it or see something I’m not.

The posts are there for you to see and respond to too so it wasn’t throwing shade.

It would be more helpful if you explained the posts rather than agreeing with someone else’s theory because you don’t like what I said :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I don’t know whether you’re Harvey Dent or not to outright accuse you. I’m pointing out everything that stood out to me. Your two posts stood out to me so I pulled them together with the Harvey role because of the connection I made to see what others thought or if they could make sense of it or see something I’m not.

The posts are there for you to see and respond to too so it wasn’t throwing shade.

It would be more helpful if you explained the posts rather than agreeing with someone else’s theory because you don’t like what I said :confused:

Im not agreeing with someone elses theory it was something, its something I also thought I spotted, just Barbra hashed it out potentially very well.

But it kinda depends is the mod posts are to do with a competition or were cryptic announcements.

I'll still shoot Gabriel first though..

Pew pew Gab ya dead.........

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Just getting on now and a bit of catch up to do. Suppose ten pages isn’t the worst, should be able to crack into it for tomorrow.

Oh, and Shane Lowry is a legend!!

If we're bringing up odd posts, I'd noted this as odd also.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Evening all, just out of Arkham Asylum and I am not Batman

Also here only post.

*her

Though, just realised, it was way after the newspaper article was published, so probably not related. Still worth nothing though IMO.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Riddle me this Riddle me that who have we Sussed out as being a bad Cat

Genie! :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Evening all, just out of Arkham Asylum and I am not Batman
    Riddle me this Riddle me that who have we Sussed out as being a bad Cat

Orla throwing her hat into the mix of suspects of being a certain member of the Rogue's gallery.

Great way to genie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

th?id=OIP.YiLVxb18KaINOC21vbpV3wHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

I'll still shoot Gabriel first though..

Pew pew Gab ya dead.........

Ah Fiona are you pulling my leg? pac:

The rest of your post is fair. Because I know my alignment I know the newspaper and weather forecast are some sort of clue, at least I think they are. They could just be flavour and the mods are laughing at us scratching our heads trying to figure it all out!

What do you think about my theories on the two? If you look up that episode there’s more info on it, I just posted what stood out to me.

Angus on your connection on the times of the weather forecast, it’s a good spot. It could mean the forecast was forecasting the competition which would be stormy? And maybe the newspaper is seperate to that and has its own meaning?

• Advertisement

Oh no I lost my emoji, now it doesn’t look as lighthearted..

:pac:

Aww much better

Advertisement